Dec 10, 2007
washingtonwildthings.jpg

Manager: TBD

Position Players
|
Shark Tank
|
Lineup

C: Brian McCann | SP1: Fernando Valenzuela (L) | 1. Jose Reyes (S)
1B: Will Clark | SP2: Tim Lincecum (R) | 2. Andy Van Slyke (L)
2B: Jose Vidro | SP3: Jimmy Key (L) | 3. Brian Giles (L)
3B: Aramis Ramirez | SP4: Ben Sheets (R) | 4. Moises Alou (R)
SS: Jose Reyes | SP5: Johnny Cueto (R) | 5. Will Clark (L)
LF: Moises Alou | Swing: Barry Zito (L) | 6. Aramis Ramirez (R)
CF: Andy Van Slyke | Mid: Dellin Betances (R) | 7. Brian McCann (L)
RF: Brian Giles| Mid: Rob Dibble (R) | 8. Jose Vidro (S)
Bench: Ellis Burks (R) OF | SetupR: Jose Valverde (R) | 9. Pitcher
Bench: Jay Bell (R) SS/2B | SetupL: Brian Fuentes (L)
Bench: Mo Vaughn (L) 1B | Closer: Rafael Soriano (R)
Bench: Javy Lopez (R) C |
Bench: Manny Machado (R) 3B |
Bench: Bobby Abreu (L) OF |

AT​

Great Lakes Loons

rBZAwIDU.jpg

Manager: Alvin Dark

Position Players
|
Pitchers
|
Lineup

C: Mickey Tettleton | SP1: Jerry Koosman (L)| 1. Jim Fregosi (R)
1B: Gil Hodges | SP2: Chuck Finley (L) | 2. Buddy Myer (L)
2B: Buddy Myer | SP3: Roy Oswalt (R) | 3. Jim Rice (R)
3B: Ron Cey | SP4: Andy Messersmith (R) | 4. Fred Lynn (L)
SS: Jim Fregosi | SP5: Tim Hudson (R) | 5. Gil Hodges (R)
LF: Jim Rice | Long: John Tudor (L) | 6. Babe Herman (L)
CF: Fred Lynn | Mid1: Michael Jackson (R) | 7. Mickey Tettleton (S)
RF: Babe Herman | Mid2: Scot Shields (R) | 8. Ron Cey (R)
Bench: John Valentin - SS/3B (R) | Short1: Javier Lopez (L) | 9. Pitcher's Spot
Bench: Boog Powell - 1B/LF (L) | Short2: Matt Thornton (L)
Bench: Chris Hoiles - C (R) | Closer: Bob Wickman (R)
Bench: Ray Lankford - CF/LF (L) |
Bench: Tony Oliva - RF (L) |
Bench: Howie Kendrick - 2B/LF (R) |

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
As per the norm, I Cueto will be moving to the pen. Also to note, McCann and Lopez will be platooning based on the starter (McCann v RHP and Lopez v LHP).

About my team:

A departure from my ATD teams, this team won't be a huge threat on the bases. Reyes will be allow to run free, but everyone else will be conservative when it comes to swiping bags. This doesn't mean the team is slow, but we're not going to be risking giving free outs on the bases. Reyes and Andy will be the table setters for the powerhouse the is the middle of my order Giles, ARam, Clark, Alou combine for .502 Slg% and 26.2 HR/162. The middle of the order isn't just a powerhouse, they get on base at a combined .374 OB% clip. The bottom two in the order are a nice supplement to the rest. McCann/Lopez both provide pop in the 7 spot should the meat of the lineup leave some stragglers on base. Neither are as strong all around hitters as the middle, but serve as nice power insurance down low. Vidro is a switch hitting hit man who, while isn't a threat to do a lot of yard work, can find the gap and pile up the doubles and get on base in front of the pitcher to keep a double play out of the cards and give anyone on base in front of him a chance to score.

The rotation is pretty solid come the postseason. Lefty ace, Fernando loves getting the ball in big spots; sporting a tidy 1.98 ERA in 63 postseason innings. The Freak, brings plenty of postseason experience and 3 rings to the mound with a respectable 2.40 postseason ERA, but a sparkling 0.85 WHIP. You can't score if you can't get on base. Jimmy Key has 2 rings and plenty of postseason experience, though has a penchant for allowing a couple too many baserunners... which is where Cueto and Zito come into play, able to spell Key early if the situation arises and give multiple strong innings should Key not be on his game. Ben Sheet, while a playoff virgin, isn't a stranger to big, high pressure games. A complete game shutout in the Gold Medal game in the 2000 Oylmpics vs Cuba showed his poise under pressure and big game theatrics.

The bench is suited to handle pretty much any in-game situation that arises. Bell, Burks, Machado, Abreu are all Gold Glove winners able to slide in as late game replacements. Vaughn, Abreu, Burks provide power. Abreu, Burks, Bell all have the wheels to come in and take up pinch running duties. The bullpen is a bit volatile, but is filled with high K guys and guys who are used to pitching under pressure.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
I'm getting closer to getting out of the 1st round!

Nice team, Tec. Finley/Oswalt are a killer 2/3 combo behind Koosman. Lynn and Rice are also a lethal combo in that lineup... had both on my ATD list.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
Great series, Winger. I had both Alou and Vidro on my ATD team last year. Definitely could have gone either way. As I informed Wrigley, I'm currently on vacation in Arizona and was unable to post an in-depth write up for the series. Don't worry too much, it took me three years to get out of the first round. This series could have definitely gone either way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->