Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
We're... almost... there...

mortal-stooge_o_298950.gif

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I think we could still have this draft without the atd serving as marker.

We simply have to pick a past atd year and use that as our conditions.

We did last year after atd 8, and of course this year after atd 9. All we have to do is collectively decide which atd year we want to use and go from there.

How does that sound?

I think past atd's ranged from 8-20 teams. I think the more people that we would get, we could pick a lower atd participation year, and the fewer people, we could pick a higher participation year.

Vegeta

God Dammit Nappa
May 2, 2009
Capsule Corp.
I think we could still have this draft without the atd serving as marker.

We simply have to pick a past atd year and use that as our conditions.

We did last year after atd 8, and of course this year after atd 9. All we have to do is collectively decide which atd year we want to use and go from there.

How does that sound?

I think past atd's ranged from 8-20 teams. I think the more people that we would get, we could pick a lower atd participation year, and the fewer people, we could pick a higher participation year.

I like this idea a ton.

Say Hey Kid

Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
I think we could still have this draft without the atd serving as marker. We simply have to pick a past atd year and use that as our conditions. We did last year after atd 8, and of course this year after atd 9. All we have to do is collectively decide which atd year we want to use and go from there. How does that sound? ...
Agreed. I was considering this anyways. We'll use ATD 9 every year if I'm still Commish.

Last edited:

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
...Add/Drops are open until 08:01 AM CT Sunday.
I will post the name of the vote counter after that time and you can start sending in your votes. Please include your team. You can vote your team into first place if you want.

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
I think I will do a team write-up. And would love to read other teams write-up, if you have time of course.

I think all the teams are very close. And within each team, there are guys on the bench that could be starters. And the rotation, a guy drafted 4th or 5th (among your SP's) could end up being the ace of the staff. I think a lot depends on matchup. And bench guys that could start. So I think I didn't set up to have platoons, but easily could setup that way depending on playoff opponent.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
I will post the name of the vote counter after that time and you can start sending in your votes. Please include your team. You can vote your team into first place if you want.
Rank the teams from 1-6. You can give your team a first place vote if you want. Please send your votes to Fenway

Vegeta

God Dammit Nappa
May 2, 2009
Capsule Corp.
I think I will do a team write-up. And would love to read other teams write-up, if you have time of course.

I think all the teams are very close. And within each team, there are guys on the bench that could be starters. And the rotation, a guy drafted 4th or 5th (among your SP's) could end up being the ace of the staff. I think a lot depends on matchup. And bench guys that could start. So I think I didn't set up to have platoons, but easily could setup that way depending on playoff opponent.

I need to do my write ups as well. Im contemplating putting Hamilton in the lineup over Ordonez vs righties.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
I don't think I'm going to bother with much of a writeup, my heart's not in it as much since the regular ATD's done now (not to mention I have a couple of fantasy baseball leagues starting and a couple of hockey ones finishing up) though I'll keep my commitment and vote it out.

I do think I have a bit of a balanced lineup with speed at the top and some at the bottom, and two +.400 OBP guys at 1-2. My power's pretty evenly spread L/R from 2-6 with a couple of big mashers, other guys that can easily hit 25+ HR's and no pure ball and chain's in the lineup (Willie's not great but compared to the other 2B in the league he isn't going to hurt and is a + defensively). My defense is mostly average-above average with a couple of other + guys. My bench is fairly solid with power and speed.

Pitchingwise my rotation leans modern and RH, though I do have a couple of oldtimers in Cicotte and Lopat, and with them a mix in power/finesse. My bullpen's solid with a proven closer in Street and at least good setup options in Harvey/Gonzalez.

Last edited:

td_ice

Peter shows the way
Aug 13, 2005
USA
Ok, well, if the majority is not going to do a writeup, then I probably won't do one now.

Best to save it for the playoff round as my rotation and lineup will be fairly different depending on which team I face.

Winger for Hire

Praise Beebo
Dec 9, 2013
Quarantine Zone 5
Sorry for the lack of a write-up... bit of a family emergency came up this weekend and also I had a fantasy baseball draft for my dynasty league.

I'll turn it on for the playoffs

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
I'll try to attempt a write up at some point but I'm in the middle of midterms and I'm heading out to Arizona for ST next week so we'll see how it goes. I like my team. I hope other GMs think it measures up pretty well against the other teams.

Say Hey Kid

Dec 10, 2007
Bathory
Since there are only 6 teams, Midnight ET Wednesday night is the deadline to get your regular season standings into Fenway before that time. Please post if you have voted. I have.

1. Wrigley
2. Winger for Hire
3. Vegeta
4. td_ice
5. NJDevs26
6. Tecumseh

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad