Sebastian Dahm and Kriss Grundmanis

Garl

Oct 7, 2006
Intersting, would this plyers be drafted this year.

Dahm was probably OHL playoffs MVP this year. 40 saves per game, 72 saves in 1 of final games vs Plymouth.

Grundmanis is a physical defenseman from OHL. He has some talent and great size
6'4/200

Both players are from non-traditional hockey markets. Denmark and Latvia.

ChumpyG

Jibbity jibbity
Feb 13, 2007
Portland, OR
Hey that's Viktor Sjodin in your avatar!! Friggin' sweet!!

On topic- all I know about either of those guys is Dahm's 72 save (unfortunately for him) losing effort in the playoffs.

Ferjo

Sep 28, 2004
Dahm i'm not sure will be drafted, but should have nhl interest over the summer being an 87 birthdate. though small he is very quick.

Grundmanis, eeehhh. I saw him a bit this year. playing in a very small rink you don't notice at much, but he always seems behind the play. He can't really skate, and for a big man he doesn't always play big. I'm not sure about his talent level. below average puck skills. can't really stickhandle at all, and just in general, makes poor decisions all over the ice. I'd be very surprised if he were selected.

Tobias

Oct 15, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
I have a bet with a guy from Sudbury about Dahm. He thinks he will get picked as number 128.

I will send him 2 cookies and a coke if he is right.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
I saw Grundmanis around 15-20 times this year. At first I was very hopeful, thinking he looked like he had a lot of interesting features, good frame, decent overall skills and demeanour for his type of defenseman... neither great nor bad in any of the physical skill areas IMHO, but I do agree he seemed to be behind the play a lot, had troubles processing at that level. He didn't accomplish much early on, but I figured it would be natural for him to take a little bit of time to adapt... but I don't know if I ever really saw all that much adaptation taking place as the year dragged on (yes, it was definitely "dragging" for us Majors fans! ;) ).

I guess he was considered to be a draft candidate heading in, but I don't really see him mentioned anywhere anymore. His inability to really establish himself on a team that certainly had plenty of room for a guy to grab hold of a more prominent role probably deep-sixed his chances. :dunno:

Alison

Sep 7, 2005
sudbury
Is Dahm not to old to be drafted? He is 20. Or is it different because he is a European player? I think it would be better for teams to consider just inviting him to camp.

badfish

Habs fan in ON
Nov 12, 2005
ON
Dahm was great, very impressive seemed to have a very calm demeanor in the games I saw. I'm sure a team somewhere would take a chance on him, he could develop into an NHL goalie

Tobias

Oct 15, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
Is Dahm not to old to be drafted? He is 20. Or is it different because he is a European player? I think it would be better for teams to consider just inviting him to camp.

I don't know about the draft rules. But i think that if he doesn't get drafted he will at least be invited to a camp or two.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad