Seat Exchange

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
Just bought 2 P2 tickets for Avs feb 16th on seatexchange for $318.60 fees included. Same seats on ticketmaster $423.00 Ummm?

Expect a huge drop in waitlist members. Basically I bought tickets for season ticket cost($133) plus the extra bs service fee($25) for over $50 a ticket cheaper than on ticketmaster.

It's no wonder why you never hear or see any advertising from seatexchange this year.
It's a bit of a catch 22. While they want to sell tickets on Ticket Master, if season ticket holders can sell tickets on Seat Exchange , the less likely they are to give up their season tickets.

potroaster

Jul 1, 2012
Just out of question were those tickets in 205? I put my pair up on Seat Exchange a few weeks ago and when I went to 'manage my tickets' on JetsPassHQ this AM they showed as 'sold'. Oddly I've not received any email confirming that they've sold. I phoned my STH rep to confirm that everything's ok.

I've done OK with Seat Exchange this year. I've listed four games and three sold.

m.
It was sec 107 row 14.

potroaster

Jul 1, 2012
It's a bit of a catch 22. While they want to sell tickets on Ticket Master, if season ticket holders can sell tickets on Seat Exchange , the less likely they are to give up their season tickets.
The question is do you think TN is going to keep on with this pilot project of competing with lower costs for Jets tickets? Ticketmaster will be shut out when everyone finds out about this.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
I travel a lot, and I'm finding more and more takers for tickets on Seat Exchange as the Jets' good season progresses. I've sold most of the dozen or so games, and the few unsold games I've donated to charity or folks who can't afford it.

But the other golden reason for having season tickets is to have right of first refusal for playoff hockey, which is going to be fun this season.

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Im not sure why but the seat exchange sale confirmation emails have been getting progressively worse this year. At the start of the year the emails i received when a game sold no longer gave me info on the visiting team for that game, only a date for the game. I liked knowing right away which exact game that sold. Now today i received and email about a game selling and it did not even include a date for the game, it told me to log into seat exchange to verify which game had sold. It was a pain in the ass to search through the rest of the games to see which one had just sold. If this is the new standard it is going to be very annoying to manage tickets going forward. There was 2 day period this season before Christmas that I sold 9 games on the seat exchange, with these new emails I would have to waste 30 minutes to search through every game for the year to figure out which games are selling.

Unruhch

Oct 20, 2013
Did you figure out which game you sold? I got a similar nondescript email that said tickets were sold and to log in to find out which...so I did that and none were sold. I called their customer service line and they’re useless but rep did mention getting a bunch of calls from Winnipeg today and that something got screwed up with their latest system update
Been a very frustrating experience with them this year. So bad that they had to actually void out my seats on the cards and told me to just print PDFs

jetsv2

Jan 13, 2013
Did you figure out which game you sold? I got a similar nondescript email that said tickets were sold and to log in to find out which...so I did that and none were sold. I called their customer service line and they’re useless but rep did mention getting a bunch of calls from Winnipeg today and that something got screwed up with their latest system update
Been a very frustrating experience with them this year. So bad that they had to actually void out my seats on the cards and told me to just print PDFs
We track which games are sold in a calendar so i went through and compared which ones have sold vs which we have recorded and found one that we didn't have marked in the calendar but it is possible that none sold and I just hadn't updated the calendar. I also got an email on the morning of the Blues game last week telling me my tickets for that night's game had just sold, even though they had sold almost 2 months ago and I had received an email at the time. They have clearly broken something in their system.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
We track which games are sold in a calendar so i went through and compared which ones have sold vs which we have recorded and found one that we didn't have marked in the calendar but it is possible that none sold and I just hadn't updated the calendar. I also got an email on the morning of the Blues game last week telling me my tickets for that night's game had just sold, even though they had sold almost 2 months ago and I had received an email at the time. They have clearly broken something in their system.

I had an issue as well. I had listed my tickets for tomorrow night's game a few weeks ago and a week ago I got an email saying that my listing 'was about to expire' - a week before the game was to be played. Fast forward to Tuesday (two days ago) and I just happened to log into JetsPassHQ. Checked the status of my Colorado tickets and lo and behold they weren't on my account anymore. They had sold.

I triple checked my email to see if I missed the notifying email confirming sale. None to be found so I called my STH rep. She emailed me back saying that yup, they had sold. She also confirmed that they had a tonne of problems with SeatExchange sales going unreported / unemailed.

I don't know if they caught it in the nick of time or what but I could easily see a situation where someone had sold their tickets without knowing and, thinking they still had the game available, went to BMPlace. Unpleasant surprise when they scanned their cards, no?

It's a good thing the product on the ice is good because the administrative side of things is a gong show.

m.

arbf412

Dec 3, 2011
We've had similar problems. Got an email on the day of a game (can't remember which one) saying our seats had sold, even though they had sold months earlier. And yesterday got an email saying seats had sold, with no specific game mentioned. I'm almost positive that we had nothing listed at the time. (One way to check up on this nonsense without dealing with TN directly is to look at your Jets Rewards history to see if any points were credited.)

Perhaps the most annoying thing is that you can no longer see your Seat Exchange balance anywhere on the site. How the hell are we supposed to know if we're getting credited for the proper amount on next year's tickets? (Or playoff tickets.) I guess we'll need to track it in detail on our own now. Overall, that ticketmaster site is low quality -- stuck in 2005.

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
Maybe the lesson here is that Seat Exchange was a poor idea from the outset, designed on the short-sighted premise that STH's should NOT be able to take advantage of the secondary market when times are good. Instead of competing head-to-head with StubHub, who have poured tens of millions (maybe 100+ million?) into a software platform to manage this very thing for every concert and sporting event in every other city in North America, TNSE can step aside from the secondary market altogether and worry about selling their own seats...rather than trying to balance the desire for charging fees by selling discounted ST seats vs selling their own inventory at retail prices.

At least that's what I would do, if I were them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->