Seat Exchange

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Two main reasons. One, not allowed to sell below cost in Manitoba i.e. scalping laws and second if tickets were so low, they would have a harder time selling the single game tickets they have available as people won't want to buy those tickets.

Um, scalping only refers to selling above ticket price, not below. The second point is the real reason, it makes their product look less valuable. But people are already buying below face in many cases. Certainly there's risk with Kijiji but StubHub predates this incarnation of the Jets and has money back guarantees. It's nice of TNSE to suggest the only "safe" place to buy tickets is their official exchange but it simply isn't true. Anyone that travels to Minneapolis for a variety of sporting events already knows this. That covers a significant proportion of Winnipeggers.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
Um, scalping only refers to selling above ticket price, not below. The second point is the real reason, it makes their product look less valuable. But people are already buying below face in many cases. Certainly there's risk with Kijiji but StubHub predates this incarnation of the Jets and has money back guarantees. It's nice of TNSE to suggest the only "safe" place to buy tickets is their official exchange but it simply isn't true. Anyone that travels to Minneapolis for a variety of sporting events already knows this. That covers a significant proportion of Winnipeggers.

Scalping wasn't the best term to use.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
It doesn't matter what term you used, anyone can sell anything to anybody at less than cost. Is it a sustainable business model? No, but this is one area where the law allows you to be as stupid as you wish.

If you're selling below cost you have to make it up on volume. :laugh:

With that said, it's nice to have some pricing flexibility but those fees will still be nasty. Does anyone know if, in the past, the fees were fixed or were they relative to the ticket price? Adding $25 to a $200 P1 ticket (a 12.5% touch) is a lot less egregious than adding that same $25 to a P7 ticket that sold for $70 (?) or so.

m.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
If you're selling below cost you have to make it up on volume. :laugh:

With that said, it's nice to have some pricing flexibility but those fees will still be nasty. Does anyone know if, in the past, the fees were fixed or were they relative to the ticket price? Adding $25 to a $200 P1 ticket (a 12.5% touch) is a lot less egregious than adding that same $25 to a P7 ticket that sold for $70 (?) or so.

m.

I believe there were two components of the fee. One was the regular ticketmaster fee which you would pay if you bought the tickets through the regular on sale, which was fixed, and there was a seatexchange fee which was I believe 10% of the price.

potroaster

Jul 1, 2012
I am loving this new idea of sellers being able to sell on seat exchange at cost. I got Vegas Dec 1st lower level P4 for $124 with fees. I think it's close to $160 on ticketmaster.

So TN is ok with this? They have 301 tickets available at full walk up cost on ticketmaster for the next game against Hurricanes on Sat. There's about 50 tickets on seat exchange selling for cost. And those tickets aren't moving that quickly.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
I am loving this new idea of sellers being able to sell on seat exchange at cost. I got Vegas Dec 1st lower level P4 for $124 with fees. I think it's close to $160 on ticketmaster.

So TN is ok with this? They have 301 tickets available at full walk up cost on ticketmaster for the next game against Hurricanes on Sat. There's about 50 tickets on seat exchange selling for cost. And those tickets aren't moving that quickly.
If they'd stop crapping the bed all time, it might help.

BellMTSPlace

Oct 5, 2017
BellMTSPlace_____Downtown
selling on seatexchange is almost impossible. its like winning the lottery. you are best to sell it off sites like this one or go down to me (bellmtsplace) and sell it outside one of my walls.

Afterburner

FREE UKRAINE
Sponsor
Jun 24, 2016
Dimension C-137
selling on seatexchange is almost impossible. its like winning the lottery. you are best to sell it off sites like this one or go down to me (bellmtsplace) and sell it outside one of my walls.

I know lots of people that buy on seatexchange, I've bought tickets there a number of times as well. It's far from impossible.

BellMTSPlace

Oct 5, 2017
BellMTSPlace_____Downtown
Last season I posted tickets and they were never bought. They were great seats. In my section alone the last 2 months there was at least 20 tickets in just my section available. On average there were about 900-1100 every game.

TimeIsNow

Sep 26, 2013
Let me guess which tickets you sold. I promise I will get 2 out of 3 right.
Toronto, Montreal, and Pittsburg.

I’ve sold and bought three pairs on seat exchange to start the year. Sold Carolina, Minnesota and Arizona, bought Toronto, Pittsburgh and Montreal.

I think anyone who expects to profit off the B and C games doesn’t have a chance. If it’s close to season ticket cost and less than Ticketmaster it’s likely they’ll sell.

potroaster

Jul 1, 2012
Just bought 2 P2 tickets for Avs feb 16th on seatexchange for $318.60 fees included. Same seats on ticketmaster $423.00 Ummm?

Expect a huge drop in waitlist members. Basically I bought tickets for season ticket cost($133) plus the extra bs service fee($25) for over $50 a ticket cheaper than on ticketmaster.

It's no wonder why you never hear or see any advertising from seatexchange this year.

thejaf7

Mar 21, 2010
I put tix up on seat exchange no luck this season. Side note I do have 2 P6 tix available for this Sunday's game against the Panthers if anyone is interested.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Just bought 2 P2 tickets for Avs feb 16th on seatexchange for $318.60 fees included. Same seats on ticketmaster $423.00 Ummm?

Expect a huge drop in waitlist members. Basically I bought tickets for season ticket cost($133) plus the extra bs service fee($25) for over $50 a ticket cheaper than on ticketmaster.

It's no wonder why you never hear or see any advertising from seatexchange this year.

Just out of question were those tickets in 205? I put my pair up on Seat Exchange a few weeks ago and when I went to 'manage my tickets' on JetsPassHQ this AM they showed as 'sold'. Oddly I've not received any email confirming that they've sold. I phoned my STH rep to confirm that everything's ok.

I've done OK with Seat Exchange this year. I've listed four games and three sold.

m.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad