Seat Exchange

BrokerD

Apr 13, 2012
Hey Guys... just a quick question regarding STH's and their option to use seat exchange. The Winnipeg Jets website states that my account will be credited with the 'face value' of the ticket (category A,B or C) MINUS a fee. Does anyone know what that fee is?

I think any fee is stupid considering that True North will make even more $$ in fees which they charge the new buyer.

Thanks

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
Hey Guys... just a quick question regarding STH's and their option to use seat exchange. The Winnipeg Jets website states that my account will be credited with the 'face value' of the ticket (category A,B or C) MINUS a fee. Does anyone know what that fee is?

I think any fee is stupid considering that True North will make even more $$ in fees which they charge the new buyer.

Thanks

From how I believe it works is as Soble said earlier...

SeatExchange shows why True North went to the card system vs physical tickets. They want to keep every admission within the system. Re-selling is great for season ticket holders, a fair bit pricier for buyers (a pair of bad P6's for a B game are $192 all-in, vs the "face" price of $155.50 and season ticket holder price of around $110. Season ticket holder keeps the $155.50 (NO fees), Ticketmaster/TN get the $36.50).

KingSalamon

Jun 29, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I'll confirm that. I tested the Seat Exchange and received the ticket value (not the STH price) and there were no fees.

I like how it works and it really gives STH's an easy way to sell tickets.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
I'll confirm that. I tested the Seat Exchange and received the ticket value (not the STH price) and there were no fees.

Agree it is a nice benefit for ST holders

BrokerD

Apr 13, 2012

Thanks for the info.... cheers

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
On the buyer's side, yikes, those fees are hefty. I picked up a couple P2 Islander tix and the added taxes and fees were over $25/ticket!! I think there is both a buyers fee and an administrative fee added on.

Can I ask another ticket-related question for advice without starting another thread. Anyone here have experience trading tickets with others? If I wanted to trade tickets (with a complete stranger) how would you recommend I go about doing this to not get ripped off? Should I insist that the entire transaction is done through Jets accounts? Any way to guarantee that the other party will follow through?

allin4466

Apr 8, 2005
There is currently a single seat for Feb 28 vs NJD and March 2nd vs Washington available.

Section 103

allin4466

Apr 8, 2005
On the buyer's side, yikes, those fees are hefty. I picked up a couple P2 Islander tix and the added taxes and fees were over $25/ticket!! I think there is both a buyers fee and an administrative fee added on.

Can I ask another ticket-related question for advice without starting another thread. Anyone here have experience trading tickets with others? If I wanted to trade tickets (with a complete stranger) how would you recommend I go about doing this to not get ripped off? Should I insist that the entire transaction is done through Jets accounts? Any way to guarantee that the other party will follow through?

Last year I exchanged tickets with a guy, but they were hard copy tickets and then we exchanged the seats via the Jets Account.

This year, I swapped with the same guy and we just did it via Jets Account.

No I guess there really is no way to guarantee you're ok, other than meeting at their house and transferring the tickets together hah.

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
Thanks allin. I guess the safest way is through the Jets system, since I understand you can't forward any tickets that have been previously printed. But yeah, there is always the risk that the other party won't forward. I guess you could get it in an email and follow up with the Jets if you feel you've been taken...

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
Yeah I am looking for a single in the 100's or 200's but unfortunately you have to buy all 4 if they are put up there.

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
Best bet is regular TM, repoman... there is a single in section 202 up there right now.

Repoman

Jun 21, 2012
Winnipeg, MB
I ended up getting a seat in section 123. Definitely a lot louder up in 319 but that tiny bit of extra leg room really makes a difference for me. Like the sight lines up in 319 better as well. Still great game.

Soble

Jan 12, 2012
Toronto
The Ticketmaster technology certainly is "buggy". I'm facing probably a unique problem - I'm looking for tickets on the Jets seat exchange and also the Leafs seat exchange (when the Jets are in town). Every time I choose the game on the Leafs exch, it kicks me out, to the Jets exchange site saying "your session has timed out" - either re-login to Jets or go to the Jets exchange.

I've found no way to "log out" in a way that lets me switch over and browse the Leafs exch (its diff IDs/passwords).

The only escape is using a different browser but Firefox does not display the security words correctly.

:help:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
The Ticketmaster technology certainly is "buggy". I'm facing probably a unique problem - I'm looking for tickets on the Jets seat exchange and also the Leafs seat exchange (when the Jets are in town). Every time I choose the game on the Leafs exch, it kicks me out, to the Jets exchange site saying "your session has timed out" - either re-login to Jets or go to the Jets exchange.

I've found no way to "log out" in a way that lets me switch over and browse the Leafs exch (its diff IDs/passwords).

The only escape is using a different browser but Firefox does not display the security words correctly.

:help:

Try clearing your browser cookies and cache in IE first, and then going on the Leaf's Ticket Exchange?

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Sellers have option of changing ticket price this year, allegedly.

NEW this season will be the ability to have flexibility in the price you post your seats. Seat holders will have the opportunity to select a price range between the Season Seat Package price and the corresponding Game Category price for the specific game(s) you are posting.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
NEW this season will be the ability to have flexibility in the price you post your seats. Seat holders will have the opportunity to select a price range between the Season Seat Package price and the corresponding Game Category price for the specific game(s) you are posting.

So, you still won't be able to sell on Seat Exchange at less than cost, which is what it might take to move the bloody pre-season games that few want to watch.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
So, you still won't be able to sell on Seat Exchange at less than cost, which is what it might take to move the bloody pre-season games that few want to watch.

I understand why they would never want to have tickets dirt cheap on their own website, but maybe making an exception for pre-season games isn't so bad?

I still don't get it. I buy season tickets... the Jets got my money...it's in the bank... what do they care if I sell my seats for a loss? I understand not being able to ask for more than the tickets sell for, but why would they care if I sell for less and in the case of pre-season games... much less.

On another topic... can't wait to see the reaction when the Jets eliminate PDF tickets ( print-at-home) all together as other teams are now all doing.

Halloween Jack

A real cool cat.
Sep 16, 2013
On top of Manhattan Chase
I still don't get it. I buy season tickets... the Jets got my money...it's in the bank... what do they care if I sell my seats for a loss? I understand not being able to ask for more than the tickets sell for, but why would they care if I sell for less and in the case of pre-season games... much less.

On another topic... can't wait to see the reaction when the Jets eliminate PDF tickets ( print-at-home) all together as other teams are now all doing.

It de-values their product, a business no-no. They aren't prohibiting you from selling your tickets cheap, they cant even stop you fromgiving your tickets away, but having $20 seats on their official website would look really bad.

Re: PDF elimination. A lot of people are technologically challenged, this will be fun to watch unfold :popcorn:

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
Re: PDF elimination. A lot of people are technologically challenged, this will be fun to watch unfold :popcorn:

It's not even so much being challenged, but I agree that is an issue... I personally don't have a smart phone. It's not that I'm technically challenged at all, I just have my reasons for not having one. So far the only way I can attend games is because the Jets give me a plastic card that has my games on it. Some people I sell to, have to print the tickets off because they don't have a phone either.

The Winnipeg Jets today only exist because of ticket sharing and selling tickets to others when you can't go. They have to keep this convenient and flexible. But, in the long run the Jets will cave and eliminate PDF tickets for the same reason they have done everything else they have done ( IE: metal detectors, no re-entry, etc. ) ... they do it because everyone else is doing it.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011

Two main reasons. One, not allowed to sell below cost in Manitoba i.e. scalping laws and second if tickets were so low, they would have a harder time selling the single game tickets they have available as people won't want to buy those tickets.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad