Seat Exchange

JG897

Oct 17, 2012
Winnipeg
Maybe I'm missing something, but is anyone else finding the changes made to Seat Exchange since last season really frustrating? Do you have to click buy on every single game separately to see if there's any tickets available, or does it show up on the main page like last season? Last seasons version seems way more user friendly.

Soble

Jan 12, 2012
Toronto
Maybe I'm missing something, but is anyone else finding the changes made to Seat Exchange since last season really frustrating? Do you have to click buy on every single game separately to see if there's any tickets available, or does it show up on the main page like last season? Last seasons version seems way more user friendly.

Correct, you need to click on one game at a time. They could remove or grey-out the "buy" link to a game if no tickets are for sale, that would be my recommendation.

SeatExchange shows why True North went to the card system vs physical tickets. They want to keep every admission within the system. Re-selling is great for season ticket holders, a fair bit pricier for buyers (a pair of bad P6's for a B game are $192 all-in, vs the "face" price of $155.50 and season ticket holder price of around $110. Season ticket holder keeps the $155.50 (NO fees), Ticketmaster/TN get the $36.50). True North wants a cut of that, they want to make sure desperate fans don't get scammed/ripped off via Kijiji etc, and they want to give all fans a good shot at tickets for a somewhat reasonable price (~20-25% over "face"). If the Manitoba laws re: scalping ever change, TN wants to ensure they are already involved in letting fans list; the season ticket holder could then choose the price to list at (with TN/TM taking a nice % fee).

The setup is great for season ticket holders wanting to sell some games - a guaranteed sell at a good price with a click of a button, no listing on Kijiji, meeting people, answering 20 emails, etc. But still we get tons of season ticket holders whining about wanting their precious physical ticket and crying foul over a $2.50 fee that was removed when they switched from physical tickets (but the season ticket holders didn't understand and thought the fee would return next year). Anyway that's been debated on another thread :)

shaunhil

Nov 9, 2011
Morden
When there are no tickets on there yes it does suck. When someone posted up there entire season and it stopped one person from buying them all up insanely quickly I appreciated it.

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
Right now the prices are mixed up as well. P7 tickets are selling at P6 prices and
P6's are selling at P7.

I've phoned and e-mailed TicketMaster who says it's up to the Jets.
The Jets have not replied back yet. I guess they need more time to get the
system working right.

JG897

Oct 17, 2012
Winnipeg
Hmm so before you just had to be lucky to get the timing right and get tickets, now you have to click every game be super lucky to get tickets. Yuck, I was hoping I was just overlooking something. Guess ill randomly check games and cross my fingers for the random draw! Thanks guys.

hockey-brent

Sep 1, 2006
Winnipeg
I enjoy how you have to enter the security words each time. Nice and convenient.

I agree it sucks however it's no different than searching over and over again for tickets on Ticketmaster.ca...

Sure liked it a lot better last year when they popped up in the overall game list which one had tickets available, rather than searching each one individually and hoping...

sting13

Jul 30, 2011
I agree it sucks however it's no different than searching over and over again for tickets on Ticketmaster.ca...

Sure liked it a lot better last year when they popped up in the overall game list which one had tickets available, rather than searching each one individually and hoping...

It's different. Seat Exchange you have to enter a security code for every game and
Ticket Master you can see if tickets are available through select your own seat
with out entering a code. Save a great deal of time.

Next year 44 home games and entering a code for each game will take forever to do.

hockey-brent

Sep 1, 2006
Winnipeg
It's different. Seat Exchange you have to enter a security code for every game and
Ticket Master you can see if tickets are available through select your own seat
with out entering a code. Save a great deal of time.

Next year 44 home games and entering a code for each game will take forever to do.

Oh yes, you mean clicking on the map (fairly new functionality)? Then yes, you're right. I was thinking on the day when tickets are released for shows (when things are flying too fast to use the map), every time you search you need to enter the words, then if you don't like them - release, search again with another set or words...

YWGF18

Oct 24, 2011
Winnipeg
When there are no tickets on there yes it does suck. When someone posted up there entire season and it stopped one person from buying them all up insanely quickly I appreciated it.

There is an entire season of 307 -- 8 -- 13 P5 on Seatexchange right now, asking between $85 and $105 per.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
Oh yes, you mean clicking on the map (fairly new functionality)? Then yes, you're right. I was thinking on the day when tickets are released for shows (when things are flying too fast to use the map), every time you search you need to enter the words, then if you don't like them - release, search again with another set or words...

You have to enter the code on SeatExchange just to see if there are tickets available in the first place. Nothing to release. I've entered the words many, many times just to be told "not available".

MrGrinch

Jul 27, 2011
LOL, had a wonderful experience with seat exchange this afternoon. Two seats in the 200's for the Pittsburgh game came up this afternoon and put them in my basket. Quickly flipped over to my gmail account to get my Jets password (couldn't have been more than 30 seconds). By the time I got back to finalize the purchase I got a message that "your session has timed out and your tickets have been returned to the pool". Lol, at least I can laugh!!! :)

PS - Maybe as a service to folks on this board we need a thread indicating when we are selling our tickets and for which games specifically. I would have no problem letting folks here know in the event I choose to sell off any of my share of my ST's. Thoughts...?

wpgsilver

Jun 14, 2011
Winnipeg
PS - Maybe as a service to folks on this board we need a thread indicating when we are selling our tickets and for which games specifically. I would have no problem letting folks here know in the event I choose to sell off any of my share of my ST's. Thoughts...?

Brilliant idea!

Check the sticky section ;)

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
The annoying part about seat exchange is you can only get the tickets at will-call on game day. No other options...believe me, I tried.

1430MaroonsRoad

Sep 14, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
The annoying part about seat exchange is you can only get the tickets at will-call on game day. No other options...believe me, I tried.

Last year I called the True North office and got a ticket rep to print them out for me the next day, so I could have them ahead of time. I guess it depends who you get.

Sir Erdinger

Jul 24, 2012
Manitoba

I was annoyed when I saw this as well. Then after I bought the tickets I signed into my account on the Jets website. I clicked "Mange this event" Then I under select an option i picked Print Tickets. Then checked off both seats and was able to print them. There was also an option to transfer the seats. This was two days ago and the tickets are for the islanders game.

Hope that helps.

drumzan

#NHLJets
Jul 9, 2011
I was annoyed when I saw this as well. Then after I bought the tickets I signed into my account on the Jets website. I clicked "Mange this event" Then I under select an option i picked Print Tickets. Then checked off both seats and was able to print them. There was also an option to transfer the seats. This was two days ago and the tickets are for the islanders game.

Hope that helps.

AWESOME! Yes, that helps a lot. I checked it out and yes I can forward/print. Appreciate it very much!!!

hockey-brent

Sep 1, 2006
Winnipeg

Hope that helps.

Sure does, thanks for the news!

Especially since being game day, I went down over lunch hour to pick up the tickets bought on SeatExchange, only to find out I could only get them right before the game (was told I could have gone to the Jets office to ask if they could print them then). GRRRR!!!!

Question, can anyone confirm whether they can scan tickets that are on a smartphone?

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad