OT: season tickets

Discussion in 'Edmonton Oilers' started by oilers89, May 12, 2018.

1. oilers89

oilers89 Registered User

I have been on the season seat wait list for a few season and I am getting close and will possibly have the chance to buy season tickets this year.
    For anyone who has owned season tickets, that has sold the majority of them ( as I live in medicine hat and cannot make as many games as id like too) could I PM you?
    Before I end up buying season seats I want to make sure I have all my questions answered well ahead of time .
    Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me out.

2. hoove17

hoove17 Registered User

You can PM me if you want, I probably sell 1/3 to a 1/2 of mine most years, and then the rest I use, give away or sell to friends/family at my cost.

3. HabOil

HabOil Registered User

Just hope the Oilers aren’t out of it in February. You will do more giving away than selling.

4. McShogun99

McShogun99 Registered User

I'm on the waiting list but for now I buy the ticket packs. I've lost money every year. As long as your not in it to make money you'll be fine.

5. Simby

Simby Registered User

Given how bad the resale ticket market has been and the high cost of tickets, I don't recommend you getting season tickets if you can't attend at least 10-15 games. The effort to sell and losses on most games isn't worth it.

6. Night Witch

Night Witch Next year

Unless you want seasons tickets to guarantee you seats for the playoffs I’d just buy seats on the secondary market to the games you want to attend and not have to worry about selling your seats. If you want to be guaranteed playoff tickets is the only way I’d buy seasons tickets outside of using them for business purposes.

7. Bank Shot

Bank Shot Registered User

It's probably much cheaper just to buy scalped playoff tickets over having season tickets.

Even two seasons ago, first time making the playoffs in ten years, demand for tickets was only really high in the first round.

During the second round against the Ducks, I noticed that home playoff prices on the secondary market had softened considerably.

Over the money I have spent on seasons tickets over the last five years, it would have been cheaper to just buy scalped tickets to every game of their last playoff run.