Season Tickets Renewals

playasRus

Mar 21, 2009
I'm considering it but do the perks really make it worth it if I'm only planning on going to 10ish games and selling 30ish?

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
How much of an increase? Is it all sections or select sections?

I think the 200 ends went up by around 10%. They also got rid of the SportChek zone, so tickets in 317, 318 and 319 went up close to 50%. Lower bowl ends didn't seem to go up by too much. Coca-Cola and McDonald zones seemed similar.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I think the 200 ends went up by around 10%. They also got rid of the SportChek zone, so tickets in 317, 318 and 319 went up close to 50%. Lower bowl ends didn't seem to go up by too much. Coca-Cola and McDonald zones seemed similar.
Doubt that will go well with current STHs

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Unfortunately, I have 200 Ends, and I think my section, or those areas have the highest increase. I will grudgingly renew, but I asked for some perks to counter the increase, which I will get. I love visitor end 2nd bowl. You see Ottawa shoot twice and a decent vantage point in the 2nd period.

I gave them an earful, but they have always been very accommodating whenever I needed something. No complaints as far as customer service.

They were trying to get me tickets this year but I blew that off, want something next year, maybe try and squeeze valet parking :naughty:

I don't know if anyone here was at the Buffalo game, but the sound system sounded totally different. At puck drop, my eardrums were bleeding as it was so loud, but they constantly adjusted and fiddled around with settings. By the 3rd, it sounded really tight.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Likely done myself....the savings one can get from the aftermarket are probably to much to ignore at this point for me. Add in i was in a section that had it's prices literally double and that I honestly feel the team is not spending to win at this point.

Likely won't go to as many games but will splurge on better seats and enjoy my nights a little more when I do go next year.

Reactions: coladin

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Any predictions on how far the season ticket base will drop by next year? I'd wager that it drops 15%. This team needs to milk the absolute balls out of the draft, and for the love of God, don't go on a winning streak and end up drafting 9th overall. Top 3 pick will be much more exciting for fans heading into the summer than winning 10 games this year and making this entire season of crap worth nothing.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Any predictions on how far the season ticket base will drop by next year? I'd wager that it drops 15%. This team needs to milk the absolute balls out of the draft, and for the love of God, don't go on a winning streak and end up drafting 9th overall. Top 3 pick will be much more exciting for fans heading into the summer than winning 10 games this year and making this entire season of crap worth nothing.

Well I was part of a group of roughly 100 STH's who had the 50% hike so I would say 95% of those likely wouldn't renew....perhaps they go to cheaper seats but like I had mentioned when the tickets are readily available last minute at less than what a current STH pays...add in zero other incentive from the team, the owner seemingly stripping it down, then why would any sane person renew for a full 41 outside of wanting a specific seat for the year and playoffs?

Id say your estimate is probably accurate....surely they will not increase their number this year.

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
I have noticed a lot of little changes happening this season and next.

No more bobble heads nights
No more 1 dollar pop and hot dog Thursdays
The 28 days of renewal prizes are less
No real meet-and-greet during renewal for people that renewal early
The number of things to redeem with VIP points is more limited per choice
High ticket prices for season seats in most sections
No more SportsChek zone
etc...

There hasn't been much improvements either.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
It's almost like they've taken out the free stuff and added in extra costs and are hoping that Sens fans won't notice.

Not that I really care about bobbleheads, but still.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
It's almost like they've taken out the free stuff and added in extra costs and are hoping that Sens fans won't notice.

Not that I really care about bobbleheads, but still.

Unless im not seeing something, this is essentially what has happened.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
From random posts I have read, some people seem to think that this team "only"needs to win to fill the arena. Of course, winning helps but I don't think it's really the problem as we have witnessed last playoffs. It was the first time I heard about a playoffs team not playing at full capacity

This team needs a new arena downtown so as long as they don't have one, attendance will be up and down

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad