Season ticket wait list

Gotaf7

Nov 6, 2011
It will be interesting to see what happens in a long playoff run. I know in my group we will probably have to find a way to re-sell at least one game a round or refuse some rounds if they made it to the Conference Final or SCF, and we ain't poor, two guys making 6 figures and two retired guys who have nice government pensions. It's a big chunk of change to drop when you have families and homes to take care of. We already gave up our Bomber tickets to make our spending on Jets tickets more reasonable.
You can’t refuse rounds your either in or out, however playoff tickets will be an easy sell.

Reactions: 1430MaroonsRoad

civic204

Jun 1, 2012
For every ticIket group that is unhappy, there are 10 that are happy and enjoy going to games on a regular basis. People wil pay what they can afford, and some will drop out for financial reasons. The Jets look to be good for the immediate future and there will be no problems filling the rink.

Reactions: thereturn

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
For every ticIket group that is unhappy, there are 10 that are happy and enjoy going to games on a regular basis. People wil pay what they can afford, and some will drop out for financial reasons. The Jets look to be good for the immediate future and there will be no problems filling the rink.

Again, if you manage a group or want to find another group because your group disbanded, use the following site sanctioned by TNSE:
Season Seat Listings | Winnipeg Jets

Reactions: pegcity

Sabadecade

Die Hard Jets Fan
May 25, 2012
Winnipeg MB
Here's last year's (2016-17) pricing, per seat per game:
8Q1q_AVvF4UHJwvyH8SkiOUCcKxiW2rflr7IzQcmFzUbV9sd43wKS3EeQV3Tk1PSkgOrQ022dbvVeTG277GazlsNLLhFMC11aguWQdnGCy7F6b-V37CKtw77WhugO72jGeckHdtrEEq3BC_3IuMTHkqac-tz7Y6rkv0YvC5_Wio=s0-d-e1-ft

Just got the email for this year's pricing...

2018 Playoff Pricing.jpg

Reactions: pegcity

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I could easily see Jets diehards shelling out $454.50 to see the Stanley Cup Finals should the Jets make it that far. The atmosphere of a Stanley Cup Final in Winnipeg would be absolutely breathtaking. I could imagine Bell MTS Place breaking NHL noise records.

Reactions: SoCalJetsFan

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I could easily see Jets diehards shelling out $454.50 to see the Stanley Cup Finals should the Jets make it that far. The atmosphere of a Stanley Cup Final in Winnipeg would be absolutely breathtaking. I could imagine Bell MTS Place breaking NHL noise records.

Do you actually go to games? I think it's time someone put to rest the myth of the Winnipeg noise. First of all, it's a tiny arena. When the crowd does get worked up, that alone will amplify it. But for the most part, the crowds have been pretty quiet. Yes, you will get the Go Jets Go chant. Occasionally, the opposing goalie will get mocked. The fans will still do The Wave when things are going their way. But I think we have become like most cities where the fans sit quietly on their asses until the team does something to get them going. Sure, the playoffs may be different but I figure a couple of quick goals against will be all it takes to turn the crowd into giving them a solemn 60 minutes of silence.

Reactions: FFHockey

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009

If it wasn't for anti-scalping laws I could see the die hards shelling out 5x that amount.

m.

DannyGallivan

Your world frightens and confuses me
Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
I've been a season ticket holder since the Jets "came back" in 2011. I will not renew my tickets next year. The on-ice product has never been better, but the main reason is that I can no longer be among the 15,000 ticket purchasers per game who are supporting this team for the entire city. The tickets are just too expensive (not even including the crazy prices for food, beverages and parking), and the old Winnipeg culture of never paying full price for anything has come back again. Simply put, I can't sell decent tickets for most games unless I'm practically giving them away. Hell, I couldn't sell Tampa Bay, Washington or Nashville to name a few.

Why should I pay well over 3 grand a ticket for two seats when everybody else is paying no more (and usually less) than I am on kijiji or seat exchange. Other than Toronto, Montreal and Pittsburgh (and surprisingly, Vegas), there are no "easy" Seat Exchange opportunities to sell your tickets, especially at ticket price. After next season, I will get my tickets from a.) people I know who also can't afford to go to every game; b.)Kijii c.) Seat Exchange d.) this site.

I feel like a sucker shouldering the costs (among so many others) so that most of the city can watch the games for free at home. There simply aren't enough perks for being a season ticket holder, and the costs keep going up every year (don't get me going on True North hoarding my down payment that I dropped back in 2011). I think I'll be one of the Kijiji vultures looking for a good 'ol Winnipeg discount after next season.

DannyGallivan

Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Hmmm, maybe. But you ever try to sell a regular season Tuesday night game, regardless of the team. Washington, Tampa Bay... doesn't matter, they don't sell.

cbcwpg

May 18, 2010
Between the Pipes
I've been a season ticket holder since the Jets "came back" in 2011. I will not renew my tickets next year. The on-ice product has never been better, but the main reason is that I can no longer be among the 15,000 ticket purchasers per game who are supporting this team for the entire city. The tickets are just too expensive (not even including the crazy prices for food, beverages and parking), and the old Winnipeg culture of never paying full price for anything has come back again. Simply put, I can't sell decent tickets for most games unless I'm practically giving them away. Hell, I couldn't sell Tampa Bay, Washington or Nashville to name a few.

Why should I pay well over 3 grand a ticket for two seats when everybody else is paying no more (and usually less) than I am on kijiji or seat exchange. Other than Toronto, Montreal and Pittsburgh (and surprisingly, Vegas), there are no "easy" Seat Exchange opportunities to sell your tickets, especially at ticket price. After next season, I will get my tickets from a.) people I know who also can't afford to go to every game; b.)Kijii c.) Seat Exchange d.) this site.

I feel like a sucker shouldering the costs (among so many others) so that most of the city can watch the games for free at home. There simply aren't enough perks for being a season ticket holder, and the costs keep going up every year (don't get me going on True North hoarding my down payment that I dropped back in 2011). I think I'll be one of the Kijiji vultures looking for a good 'ol Winnipeg discount after next season.

Have you tried finding a new share partner(s) from the Jets? I believe they have a website set up to help people find others that would be willing to buy X amount of games from you as a partner.

Sorry, missed your post above. If you have no bites, then that's a problem. At the very least make sure the Jets know why you are opting out.

I have STs as well and I only go to half the games, but I'm lucky because I have 1 person willing to take the other half season. If he every bowed out, and I couldn't replace them , I would probably cancel as well. The NHL is over priced... no getting away from that.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

Those are STH prices. Those seats will be $6oo+ for the general public

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
It is sad that a season ticket holders can not attend the playoff games because the prices are expensive.

The general pubic on the secondary market trying to get playoff tickets will get robbed by sellers trying o make a buck.

Reactions: DannyGallivan

DannyGallivan

Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
It is sad that a season ticket holders can not attend the playoff games because the prices are expensive.

The general pubic on the secondary market trying to get playoff tickets will get robbed by sellers trying o make a buck.

After suffering through the vultures on Kijiji asking me to take a loss on tickets when I'm desperate to sell, I have no sympathy for those buying on the secondary market.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

If we're in the finals the secondary market (StubHub) will vary greatly depending on who we play. Toronto having the biggest impact on driving up those prices.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Kijiji is a pain to deal with people.
I agree Kijiji people are cheap and want everything for next to nothing.

I however am also not a fan of scalpers.
Scalpers are huge pieces of crap.

After suffering through the vultures on Kijiji asking me to take a loss on tickets when I'm desperate to sell, I have no sympathy for those buying on the secondary market.

TheGovernment

Jan 13, 2012
Ive never sold one ticket since they came back in 11.
If I cant make a game, i give the 2 to family or friends. Theres i way Im dealing with kijiji people lol. Id rather just the seats sit empty.

DannyGallivan

Aug 25, 2017
Melonville
Can't afford to give them all away for free, although I have treated friends and family before. Here's a bit more context: I originally shared two tickets with another person, but that fell through. Now, I'm stuck for something like $6,400.00 per year for two tickets. I did the math a few years ago and figured that if I sold about 25 - 30 games for ticket value throughout the year, it would actually also pay for the 10-15 games I attended. Great deal! Until everybody stopped buying available Jet tickets. Oh well... in a couple of years, I'll be a Kijiji person myself (at least a few times a year).

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?

Then the Jets should price the tickets closer to what the market is willing to pay.

Scalpers exist because the value to the market is much higher than the price the entertainer is charging.

The secondary market is overall good for fans. I've never paid more than face on Stubhub or Kijiji, and often times I get heavy discounts. At the same time, if people want to pay a premium to get into an event, I think they should be allowed too.

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
Then the Jets should price the tickets closer to what the market is willing to pay.

Scalpers exist because the value to the market is much higher than the price the entertainer is charging.

The secondary market is overall good for fans. I've never paid more than face on Stubhub or Kijiji, and often times I get heavy discounts. At the same time, if people want to pay a premium to get into an event, I think they should be allowed too.

The secondary market is good for fans that can pick up Jets tickets for STH cost or below cost.

The question is how long are STH willing to lose money on the resale value of the tickets?

I share ST. We are deciding if we should give up our seats and just grab seats on the secondary market.

The Jets need to add to the perks of being a STH. 25% off food and beverage or something to make it more worthwhile.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
The secondary market is good for fans that can pick up Jets tickets for STH cost or below cost.

The question is how long are STH willing to lose money on the resale value of the tickets?

I share ST. We are deciding if we should give up our seats and just grab seats on the secondary market.

The Jets need to add to the perks of being a STH. 25% off food and beverage or something to make it more worthwhile.

I think if they improved the rewards system, that would be a good first step.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
TNSE, to their credit, has been reacting to the softening of the market. Allowing below face value pricing on Seat Exchange. Partnering with that other site mentioned above to find people to add to your STH group. If things continue to soften, they could lower concession prices (the Atlanta Falcons slashed concession prices and revenues increased: In Atlanta, Concessions Prices Go Down and Revenue Goes Up), freeze ticket prices (although revenues won't go up in that case), more promotion, more perks for STHs. The cap keeps going up so they have to keep butts in the seats at a pretty high ticket price. Of course, making the playoffs regularly will help quite a bit too.

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat

I'm at the mercy of my group. I've already picked up five games a year more than intended and I'm not inclined to pick up more. So if someone in our group leaves and I can't replace them then I'll have to let our seats go.

On the other hand if our group sticks it out and you decide to leave, please let me know. I recall you have about the best P3 seats in the building and that would only be a lateral move if I could somehow swing over to where you were sitting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad