Votes: 6 8.7%
  • Still undecided but probably no

Votes: 12 17.4%

• Total voters

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
Apologies if this is elsewhere but I so far can't find it:

Got mine the other day and it either I'm paying an extra $198 per seat or $129.50 per seat if I pay by September.

Not sure I understand where they are coming from with this. I expected a higher raise last year after the playoff run and the increase was marginal at best (like $30 per seat). But this season has been a train wreck and while I'm not as down on this team as some I'm not sure where they figured a 5% price hike was warranted.

Reactions: Gone

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Never really got the allure of having season tickets. Half the time when I have tickets to a game I find myself not wanting to even go, getting out to the arena, sitting in cramped seats, overpaying for drinks, etc. By the start of the 3rd I’m always wondering a good time to leave and beat the crowd.

It’s fun once in a while but about the last thing I want to do on a Tuesday night, let alone 41 times a year. Rather sit at home and watch on TV or a pub.

Maybe if I was young, rich and retired with no kids I could get down with it. I’m none of those.

Reactions: McDrai

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
I might give mine up this year but still on the fence, if I do it won't be because of the poor season this year that would be a knee jerk reaction. I think after going to so many games it just loses its luster, and even having playoff ticket access is not that great of a perk since they're flipping expensive even as a STH. I dunno, I can't decide this year and I am running out of time.....

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
My family has had season tickets for this team since the WHA days. Think about that for a second or three. 40 some years, through good and bad. Even got honoured at centre ice before a game as long time STHers. Even with the best player in the world to view, and a beautiful new rink , the value for our money has just not been there, and the years of incompetence and losing have finally wore us down. My brother and I have decided to let them go. Would love to hang on, wish things were different, but we've been talking about this for years, and sadly, now we will move on and spend our hard earned money elsewhere.

Simby

Oct 11, 2016
If the polling is representative of the general STH base then the Oilers would be in serious trouble. I highly doubt the non-renewals will be that high for all STH though.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
This thread comes up every year and every year it's the same answer.

The price will keep going up as long as the demand continues to outweigh the supply. The teams on ice performance doesn't mean jack.

I do wonder how much longer they can keep the demand high, though.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
My family has had season tickets for this team since the WHA days. Think about that for a second or three. 40 some years, through good and bad. Even got honoured at centre ice before a game as long time STHers. Even with the best player in the world to view, and a beautiful new rink , the value for our money has just not been there, and the years of incompetence and losing have finally wore us down. My brother and I have decided to let them go. Would love to hang on, wish things were different, but we've been talking about this for years, and sadly, now we will move on and spend our hard earned money elsewhere.
I am not surprised to be honest man. I am only 27 but as long as I have been alive, the Oilers have been a bad team for most of it.

I don't know how STH hold on for so long. Probably the whole fear of missing out when they are good again I guess?

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I am not surprised to be honest man. I am only 27 but as long as I have been alive, the Oilers have been a bad team for most of it.

I don't know how STH hold on for so long. Probably the whole fear of missing out when they are good again I guess?

Exactly it. But that ship has now left the docks. We'll take our chances on something else.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Exactly it. But that ship has now left the docks. We'll take our chances on something else.
If we are good again and you end up paying scalper level prices for a few of the prime games, probably still save you a bunch of money anyways.

HabOil

Aug 2, 2005
I will be dropping my tickets this year. For 9....now getting close to 10k a year you can fork out serious dough for the games you want to see.

Will probably circle 4-5 games a year and buy from you guys that keep your seats!

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
We've shared our tickets with 3 other families for 16 years and voted 2-2 to renew. Won't cancel unless it's unanimous but I have a feeling that next year will be our last. This organization is a tire fire.

Reactions: Gone

IBleedOil247

Aug 12, 2005
Edmonton
Just gave deposit...guess im in lol
First time in a LONG time I put consideration into not renewing however. If we lay an egg next year CYA

Oct 15, 2008
Hopefully you are not alone and a message gets sent. Sorry it has come to this.

Reactions: EpSoNiight and Gone

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton

If/when you don't renew, I'd be interested to know if someone from the team reaches out to you or not.

will be a good gauge of how much the team really values their fans, especially those who have financially supported the team for a long time.

boredem

Jan 22, 2013
Just gave deposit...guess im in lol
First time in a LONG time I put consideration into not renewing however. If we lay an egg next year CYA

I'm leaning this way right now. The biggest question for me is, is this year an anomaly, or are we on another path of darkness? Nobody knows for sure, but if we miss the playoffs next year as well it would be almost impossible for me to justify renewing.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
STH's will renew.

If one throws money at this team for the past decade+, then one will continue with McDavid here. Fear of loss is the greatest tool in a salesman's toolbox.

McDavid was the golden ticket. He alone is worth a ticket. Guaranteed profits for Katz no matter how bad they are. All the old boys and their new buddies can fail forever! ;)

Reactions: Yeah15

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
If/when you don't renew, I'd be interested to know if someone from the team reaches out to you or not.

will be a good gauge of how much the team really values their fans, especially those who have financially supported the team for a long time.

A guy did respond immediately. I thought he would show some concern, and ask questions over why. Especially considering the length of time we've had STs. But all he did was confirm the cancellation request and that was it. I think that is your answer and gauge. I understand there is a waiting list for STs, soI'm sure someone will snap up ours. My bro and I will buy the 5-6 games we really like on places like Stubhub and go to those in the future.

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
STH's will renew.

If one throws money at this team for the past decade+, then one will continue with McDavid here. Fear of loss is the greatest tool in a salesman's toolbox.

McDavid was the golden ticket. He alone is worth a ticket.
Guaranteed profits for Katz no matter how bad they are. All the old boys and their new buddies can fail forever! ;)

That has a lot of merit and is one of the reasons we've hung on these last 3 years, as well as hoping the organization needle would move forward. Without him, the decision would have been made far earlier and easier. He is incredible to see, but to have to put up with the rest of the garbage out there just become too much. Maybe this is just an outlier year, and they come back with a vengeance next year, who knows. I'll still be at peace with our decision. TV and the odd game here and there works for me.

Reactions: ThePhoenixx

Gord

Oct 9, 2005
Edmonton
A guy did respond immediately. I thought he would show some concern, and ask questions over why. Especially considering the length of time we've had STs. But all he did was confirm the cancellation request and that was it. I think that is your answer and gauge. I understand there is a waiting list for STs, soI'm sure someone will snap up ours. My bro and I will buy the 5-6 games we really like on places like Stubhub and go to those in the future.

that really does sadden me that the team cares so little about anything but the bottom line.
I honestly would have expected (hoped?) a manager from the front office to call.

sorry, stoneman.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
that really does sadden me that the team cares so little about anything but the bottom line.
I honestly would have expected (hoped?) a manager from the front office to call.

sorry, stoneman.

That is disappointing.

Drivesaitl

Time to Drive
Oct 8, 2017
Duck hunting

sorry, stoneman.

That would maybe just be a standard reply call to confirm cancellation. They probably are making a lot of those calls presently. I dout that would have been a senior manager either making that call. I would imagine at some point they would come to recognition that a longterm STH had cancelled and make further inquiries/attempts to contact in lieu of that.

It would be hard to imagine a firm treating long time customers with no regard. If they don't make further call to customers like Stoneman the org deserves what it gets.

Now heres the kicker. Is it possible that the transition from Rexall to Rogers and the move of STH seats and all that is limiting their info on how long people have been customers. If their information system is not allowing all information of past Rexall STH to be transferred on screen when speaking to respective problems then OEG got themselves a considerable problem.

Sorry as well Stoneman on this customer service treatment. You deserve better than that, of course.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Probably not surprising but that had to have been a big disappointment to you after forty plus years of loyalty. I’ve read similar threads to this over the past few years and there have been other stories from people about how the organization didn’t care that they were cancelling. I remember someone saying his rep was even rude to him and mentioned the waiting list saying he would be quickly replaced and it was his loss. They are an arrogant bunch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->