Season Ticket Deposit Holders: Check Your Email

Jun 6, 2016
First Major League sports franchise in a city that has had cheese dangled in front of them numerous times over the last 20ish years, only to have the string pulled and the cheese disappear. You're talking about a city who has been used and abused in relocation talks. Hopes built up and crushed. Is this really the time we get a team? Or is it another false promise.

Even when Foley first announced he was gunning for a team. People hardly took it serious, "here we go again" and "believe it when I see it" was the thought.

Alright! We are ACTUALLY getting a pro franchise to call our own. Have our own city out there with an identity! Stuff I can wear on road trips and work trips across the U.S. and be identified as LAS VEGAS. Yea that place I was born and raised. Not that gambling town everyone has the wrong image of. Not that city people go for 3 days to get wasted, act like complete morons because they don't have any responsibilities while they're here. Not that city everytime I talk to someone where I work "idk how anyone can actually live here." Oh I'm sorry we have a community of people and great small town, everybody knows everybody vibe. LAS VEGAS, the city I'm extremely proud to be from.

Now bring in the owner of the new NHL franchise. Okay it's the first team in Las Vegas, let's give them something that ties in to the city they can identify with and rep proudly. Nope, he wants to use his Army background for the basis of a team. Welp, we have Nellis Air Force Base, nope I want Black Knights. It's FIERCE and not defensive! Major community backlash because it has zero to do with Las Vegas. Okay well he takes a step back, Army also says dude no you can't use it. Now let's try and find something that'll work. Let's throw out a bunch of fake names to get the people worked up and admittedly laugh at the idea of doing it. Awesome, first thing that started to irk me. Can't be insects because he doesn't like it, can't be birds because they aren't identifiable(what?... Eagles Falcons Seahawks etc already big). So then he goes back to the Knights name because he just can't get over his obsession with his Alma Mater. It's like he had this block wall between him and the locals. We were willing to compromise on the Knights name when they revealed Desert, Silver, Golden. Golden was the LEAST VOTED ON EVERY OUTLET by a landslide. Hey, we are the Silver State. It encompasses the entire state and has something WE in LAS VEGAS can identify with. You want your Knights? Fine, we can handle Silver. We live in a Desert, we understand it. It might not of been the most liked either but again, it was identifiable with locals. We understood. But then again through all the negatives of Golden he still chooses that route. Unbelievable. Then you add in the LAS VEGAS/Vegas angle and it just completely throws it off the deep end for me. Zero thought in the entire thing.

You can have your opinion on what makes a "fan". I'm a loyal Philadelphia sports fan, 1 championship in my lifetime. I understand struggle, but I'm invested. Foley had a chance to start this franchise off getting people invested in the process and failed to do so.

Whether you want to believe it or not, it turned off many people. Everyone's entitled to their opinion ofcourse. No offense taken by your stance.

MrLouniverse

frontline internet hero
Sep 19, 2012
(Las) Vegas
I can see your stance, and I'm not a fan of the name but I plan on being a fan of the team. I can see the difference in perspective more clearly now, though, I'm a die-hard hockey fan who decided as an adult to live in Las Vegas and is ecstatic at the prospect of a team in my adopted hometown, the rest of it is window dressing; I'm certainly not a Battle-Born-Native, so to speak, and that plainly makes me substantively more indifferent to such slights, real and perceived.

ronthemailman

Oct 23, 2016
Las Vegas
I'm waiting for some offshore manufacturers to copy the merchandise and get the prices down...my head and body don't care if it's sanctioned by the NHL

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
Was tired of waiting for the partial plans seat selection, so I called yesterday & upgraded to the full season.

Originally, I was going to do a half season in P3, lower level behind the net. Decided to do the full season in P5 upper level. Not much is left anywhere in the arena, but I got sec 225 row F. I'm on the aisle closest to 224, almost on the blue line! Thrilled with those seats. :nod:

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Was tired of waiting for the partial plans seat selection, so I called yesterday & upgraded to the full season.

Originally, I was going to do a half season in P3, lower level behind the net. Decided to do the full season in P5 upper level. Not much is left anywhere in the arena, but I got sec 225 row F. I'm on the aisle closest to 224, almost on the blue line! Thrilled with those seats. :nod:

I'll check my seats tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure you're in the same section as me. The section facing the penalty boxes on the red line, in closer to the shoot twice blue line.

So, welcome to the neighborhood. :)

ronthemailman

Oct 23, 2016
Las Vegas
Did all you Season Ticket holders get the email about getting your jerseys, tickets, etc. on 1/30/17?..you have to sign it, but unless I'm reading it wrong, you have to sign up for 2018 season tickets with no option available if you don't want them or if you want to wait and see...little concerned because they want credit card and other info so automatic payments would start 1/2018...anyone call them about this...I won't be able to until Friday

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Did all you Season Ticket holders get the email about getting your jerseys, tickets, etc. on 1/30/17?..you have to sign it, but unless I'm reading it wrong, you have to sign up for 2018 season tickets with no option available if you don't want them or if you want to wait and see...little concerned because they want credit card and other info so automatic payments would start 1/2018...anyone call them about this...I won't be able to until Friday

Umm...

I didn't get that and it sounds almost scam-ish. I can't imagine they'd want the credit card info directly, that usually goes through the website.

Did anyone else get it?

ronthemailman

Oct 23, 2016
Las Vegas
No, it's from the Knights...lots of small print , legal stuff...don't have a problem with anything except giving you no options except buying 2018 season tickets...someone else must have gotten this yesterday

ronthemailman

Oct 23, 2016
Las Vegas
Just spoke with Dave in the Knights office...you do have to "buy" 2018 season tickets, meaning you have to give a credit card like we did with our deposits before there was a team... Then in December 2017, they'll send another email reminder of 2018 season tickets and you can opt out then if you want to

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Just spoke with Dave in the Knights office...you do have to "buy" 2018 season tickets, meaning you have to give a credit card like we did with our deposits before there was a team... Then in December 2017, they'll send another email reminder of 2018 season tickets and you can opt out then if you want to

Super weird.

So they're saying if you want your free jersey you've got to have a commitment for 2018 season tickets? Or am I reading everything wrong?

ronthemailman

Oct 23, 2016
Las Vegas
Yep, because you electronically sign the document. I'm just looking at it like my deposit to even get a team here...and no money is taken or credited until January 2018...so that's fine, as long as I see nothing Golden Knights related on my credit card statement until January 2018

Boris Zubov

No relation to Sergei, Joe
May 6, 2016
Back on the east coast
I got the email, but mine was for the 17-18 season, not the 18-19 season. Said I receive a jersey for every 2 tickets purchased this year, nothing about a jersey upon renewal.

I'm going to call my rep to confirm.

ronthemailman

Oct 23, 2016
Las Vegas
Maybe it's because I paid the 2017 tickets off already and they're trying to "lock in" those all paid up....let me know if anyone reads all the fine print

MrLouniverse

frontline internet hero
Sep 19, 2012
(Las) Vegas
I've gotten no such email; my tickets are being paid automatically on a monthly plan and I'm locked in for 3 years already, I don't know.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Not that anyone would have a set number... but what do you guys think opening night tickets will go for? I'm looking at making a trip down (just got back from a 3 night stay at Planet Hollywood) - I picked up a few hats... Seems like there's a decent buzz around the team which is great to see.

But yeah, any idea on what to expect for ticket prices? Like will it be $300 just to get in the building or do you think it will be cheaper?

BattleBorn

Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Not that anyone would have a set number... but what do you guys think opening night tickets will go for? I'm looking at making a trip down (just got back from a 3 night stay at Planet Hollywood) - I picked up a few hats... Seems like there's a decent buzz around the team which is great to see.

But yeah, any idea on what to expect for ticket prices? Like will it be $300 just to get in the building or do you think it will be cheaper?

Just guessing, but I'm thinking $300 will be low unless you get one of the late releases from the visitors ticket allowance. Secondary market will likely be high. Real high.

The arena is going to be 90% season ticket holders, people that were on this thing fairly early and have thousands caught up in tickets. I know I'd have to pay a good portion of my first year season ticket cost off to miss the first game. I imagine I'm not the only one.

MrLouniverse

frontline internet hero
Sep 19, 2012
(Las) Vegas
Just guessing, but I'm thinking $300 will be low unless you get one of the late releases from the visitors ticket allowance. Secondary market will likely be high. Real high.

The arena is going to be 90% season ticket holders, people that were on this thing fairly early and have thousands caught up in tickets. I know I'd have to pay a good portion of my first year season ticket cost off to miss the first game. I imagine I'm not the only one.

Yeah, I'm actually having a hard time seeing a reasonable human being wanting to pay the amount my tickets are worth to me...

Never say never, but I imagine it's not going to be a buyers market, in any case.

flpanthers10

NHL to LAS VEGAS
Dec 24, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
I still haven't received my email about the jersey. Has anyone else still not gotten it yet? I plan on calling the team on Monday and inquiring. I'm locked in for 5 years, so I'm sure I should have been contacted by now.

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
I might upgrade to a 1/2 Season if I can get the sections I want. I shouldn't have went to the open house yesterday. It just makes me want to spend more $$.

KnishOfTheCrease

Chez Pierre Enthusiast
Oct 8, 2010
Las Vegas
Got an email today from the team and was assigned a ticket rep. I contacted him and upgraded to 1/2 Season tickets in Sec 203 or 225. Made my first payment, so this is REAL. I even went to the USA Hockey store and bought a new hat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->