Season Starts Sunday (?)

• Thread starter HFNHL Red Wings
  • Start date

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
We shouldn't have a problem catching up. What we have done in past years is double up on the sims if they are light days and won't result in a bunch of teams playing twice in one day. Also, during the playoffs, Drew can sim all series each day, so they only take a month tops.

For the record, we always run our draft before the NHL, 1-2 weeks before.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
That's a relatively new one (usual sources like WayMoreSports still don't note it). Best I can tell this happened in Dec or Jan and so he's passed the October cutoff date.

Poapst retired after the 2005-06 season...he began this season as a coach for the Chicago Mission 1993 hockey club...its on their website...if you want I can provide a link and quotes that clearly show this and that he was coaching there in October.

i believe the following makes it clear:

Poapst, 37, a native of Cornwall, Ontario, retired as a player from the sport after splitting last season between the Pittsburgh Penguins and the St. Louis Blues of the NHL. He has most recently been coaching with the Chicago Mission organization, helping the Mission Minor Bantam team to become the #1 team in the Nation and #2 in North America with an overall record of 37-4-6.

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Poapst retired after the 2005-06 season...he began this season as a coach for the Chicago Mission 1993 hockey club...its on their website...if you want I can provide a link and quotes that clearly show this and that he was coaching there in October.

Poapst, 37, a native of Cornwall, Ontario, retired as a player from the sport after splitting last season between the Pittsburgh Penguins and the St. Louis Blues of the NHL. He has most recently been coaching with the Chicago Mission organization, helping the Mission Minor Bantam team to become the #1 team in the Nation and #2 in North America with an overall record of 37-4-6.

All this fuss over Steve Poapst? He's not even on Edmonton's pro roster. :dunno:

With all the time your dedicating to researching the post playing career of Steve Poapst, you probably could have researched some moves to get your team under the salary cap ;)

HFNHL Red Wings

Yes please send a link as NHL.com and WayMoreSports both show him as a UFA with no reference to retirement. I wonder if this is another Malakhov issue where there is some reference to him saying pulicly he's going to retire but never really filed retirement papers.

Dryden

Feb 27, 2002
Toronto
Drew don't worry about it...I have dropped the issue...its one giant joke to me now and I just don't care to research it or provide any more info...its meaningless and trivial...just like getting under the cap and having a deal rejected that would allow me to do so and help another team...who i applaud for actually offering assistance unlike the rest of this league

SPG

Feb 27, 2002
Utica, NY
Visit site
Drew don't worry about it...I have dropped the issue...its one giant joke to me now and I just don't care to research it or provide any more info...its meaningless and trivial...just like getting under the cap and having a deal rejected that would allow me to do so and help another team...who i applaud for actually offering assistance unlike the rest of this league

This page seems to support Dryden's claim...
http://www.chicagomission.com/teams/93.htm#News
The article at the bottom titled "Mission 93s Ranked #1 in US" makes reference to Poapst commenting on games from September.

Default101

hey i'd be willing to help, but your a mil over and the only players you have on contract have are too good of a talent pool for what i would be able to compensate...

unless you want to give up mayers for a 6th ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad