Season Over? Not so fast...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hatter

Microagression King
Jul 9, 2004
Northern Idaho
all I can say is that if there is no deal in place by Monday morning then I am on the phone and cancelling my season seats. I'm done.

Greschner4

Jan 21, 2005
It's impossible to square what was reported in the papers with what this release says happened. Something else is going on.

Spezza

Dec 13, 2002
Ottawa <-> Scotland
I know you probably didn't mean it, but please don't paraphrase, it's a bit misleading. They don't say they're working well into the night.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
ofcourse.

Does anyone realize that Gretzky probably knows more than fan590 on this matter?

If the talks were constructive, they were constructive. "no talks scheduled" isnt set in stone, because how many times have we read that headline, only to have there be talks. I mean come on, they cancelled the f'n season.. and talks are STILL going on!

hockeymistress

Oct 9, 2004
Greschner4 said:
It's impossible to square what was reported in the papers with what this release says happened. Something else is going on.

The media outlets collectively screwed up when they were trying to out-scoop each other, relying on half-cooked sources which turned out to be wrong.

H.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
hockeymistress said:
The media outlets collectively screwed up when they were trying to out-scoop each other, relying on half-cooked sources which turned out to be wrong.

H.
True. Everyone has been taken for the same ride as before. I equate this to the "high of highs" that fans felt last night. It's now the "low of lows"

It'll even out and we'll have a season. So detractors need to put up and shut up.

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
Spezza said:
I know you probably didn't mean it, but please don't paraphrase, it's a bit misleading. They don't say they're working well into the night.
Ofcourse they aren't

Theres this magical day that comes right after Saturday, it's called Sunday. I tend to use said magical day to do my homework and rest before classes.

What a beautiful, magical day Sunday is!

MagnusJondus

Great Merican Hero
Mar 25, 2002
Ben Avon Hts, PA
futurcorerock said:
Ofcourse they aren't

Theres this magical day that comes right after Saturday, it's called Sunday. I tend to use said magical day to do my homework and rest before classes.

What a beautiful, magical day Sunday is!

Sunday is also my designated day to be unproductive...

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
GET WITH IT! Its over...over, for good.

And I'm really pissed that it is too.

I was about 90% sure that I would be partying by now, and now, it just isn't gonna happen. :cry:

acr*

We really should ban all posts that just respond to someone's hope with "It's over, don't bother" because the server is slow enough already, why kill it with useless crap?

futurcorerock

Nov 15, 2003
Columbus, OH
acr said:
We really should ban all posts that just respond to someone's hope with "It's over, don't bother" because the server is slow enough already, why kill it with useless crap?
Or ban posters uttering these things. It's always the same people who have nothing to offer to discussion. Usually they come out of the woodwork and have really high post counts

Jay McKee said on 590 today that players have "seen the light" about the cap.

Last edited:

Wild Thing

Child... please.
Feb 18, 2003
Way Down South
Visit site
futurcorerock said:
Jay McKee said on 590 today that players have "seen the light" about the cap.

Lot of good it does them now that the season's over. The ignorant putzes are 6 months too late. They didn't want to play for a $42.5 million cap? Let's see how they like playing under a $32 million cap after missing two years' worth of paychecks. Hell, when hockey finally comes back I'll buy seats right on the glass for the express purpose of taunting these idiots as they skate past. If I haven't died of old age by then.

X0ssbar

acr said:

Not to turn this into a technical thread but is this site only running on one server?

If so, we should have our own CBA (collective broadband association) to bridge the preverbial overload gap. Of maybe we should cap the number of posts per day at 20? ;)

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
futurcorerock said:
ofcourse.

Does anyone realize that Gretzky probably knows more than fan590 on this matter?

If the talks were constructive, they were constructive. "no talks scheduled" isnt set in stone, because how many times have we read that headline, only to have there be talks. I mean come on, they cancelled the f'n season.. and talks are STILL going on!

Give it up. You are the only person saying that talksare going on. And you have NOTHING to back it up. Didn't you hear the tone and mood that Gretzky, Saskin, etc... were in?

bladoww

Team of the Future
Jan 13, 2005
I don't think it's done quite yet either. Even McKenzie said himself on TSN today that there is still a "small window." I fail to see how anyone, even without understanding the full scope of the negotiations, can think for a second that come September the deal will be better. I just don't - can anyone say next season the players will have a better deal?

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
IT'S OVER.

please stop being in denial. We are all very exhausted from this experience. We don't need this talk of our posts being eliminated because we simply accept reality, as sad as it is.

Vic Rattlehead*

espion said:
IT'S OVER.

please stop being in denial. We are all very exhausted from this experience. We don't need this talk of our posts being eliminated because we simply accept reality, as sad as it is.

Can't you just shut up and let people have optimism? I don't have any, but it's annoying when half your posts are "it's over". If you think it's over, why post? sheesh,...

Lou is God

Nov 10, 2003
New Jersey
bladoww said:
I don't think it's done quite yet either. Even McKenzie said himself on TSN today that there is still a "small window." I fail to see how anyone, even without understanding the full scope of the negotiations, can think for a second that come September the deal will be better. I just don't - can anyone say next season the players will have a better deal?
He was talking about in the next six weeks, not this weekend, sorry.

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
I'm sorry, I'll let you be optimistic, but if you read through my posts from last night and today, I was on the same page as you, I was 90% sure we would have a season, and was on cloud nine all day until about 4 PM EST. Since then, I have no positive feelings within me regarding this lockout. Closure has happened, and I sincerely think we may never see the NHL as we know it again.

I sure hope I am wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->