OT: Season End Media Availability

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
1681565353852.png

Last edited:

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Finally listened. Man the debrincat interview was much better than Twitter made it out to be. He does say “umm, you know” ALOT tho

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
Hamonic is an intelligent person. Love listening to him speak when he's given time, space and meaningful questions.
I really liked how genuine his answer seemed about wanting to be back. Not a single shred of BS detected. Not even in a "it would be nice to get an NHL contract" vibe, he just seems to love the city and the team. This is a guy worth hanging on to as long as he's playing at an NHL level.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Finally listened. Man the debrincat interview was much better than Twitter made it out to be. He does say “umm, you know” ALOT tho
Yep.

The way I see it, when he mentions talking to his family, it's not because he/they don't like it here. It's the other way around. Moving cities is taxing and difficult, especially with a new baby. He knows he has to decide between taking a small discount to stay here, or uprooting his family once again to chase an extra 500k/1m on his next contract.

To me, it's a no brainer, he'll re-sign here for ~$8M.

Reactions: Nova Stutzlia

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
That was a great DJ interview. love how the genius Stevie Y chose him to be a coach with Team Canada…

HFSens experts take notice ;)

Bran fans, DJ was stoked on him, singled him out for praise.

JackieDaytona

regular human hockey fan.
Oct 21, 2007
After listening to that Hamonic interview, I really hope they can figure out a way to keep him. Dude genuinely is enjoying the team and being to able to contribute. That’s gotta be good for morale and to show the younger guys the way. Not sure if he’d accept bottom pairing salary, but it would be great to have him in the lineup and room.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yep.

The way I see it, when he mentions talking to his family, it's not because he/they don't like it here. It's the other way around. Moving cities is taxing and difficult, especially with a new baby. He knows he has to decide between taking a small discount to stay here, or uprooting his family once again to chase an extra 500k/1m on his next contract.

To me, it's a no brainer, he'll re-sign here for ~$8M.
It would potentially be uprooting his family two more times if he wants to hit up UFA.

Ottawa is a really solid landing spot for a young family, we won't attract people still looking to go out clubing but there are far worse spots to raise a family.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
It would potentially be uprooting his family two more times if he wants to hit up UFA.

Ottawa is a really solid landing spot for a young family, we won't attract people still looking to go out clubing but there are far worse spots to raise a family.
Yeah your first paragraph is a good point. Maybe sign a contract with a full nmc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad