Search of a magical wand...

Status
Not open for further replies.

majorheadache

Jan 18, 2006
topcorner said:
What are the top three one piece composite stick in the market, consider the performance, durability, weight and very important $$$.[/QUOTE

you have a plethora of decisions here. Personally I don't snap to many shafts and blades are usually briken by a well place slash.

FOr a lite weight stick look into
Mission or Easton (they are both the heavy weights of lightness) somewhere is the 390- 340 grams .
They also both have a rubberized shaft (Composites tend to be a little more slippery than wood).

I use a Bauer wich is heavier around 420 grams.

Personally I would not but a 1 peice , since if the blade breaks or you don't like the lie or curve your sorta stuck. I buy a 2 peice for a little less money $100-$150 and try a few blades till I find a pattern I like than buy those in bulk (well 2 or 3 at a time).

Remember for most composite 1 peice sticks.. The moment you use it on the ice the warrente is expired (though if it is truly a manufactures issue, you might be able to get a replacement. This requires you buy a replacement and send you old stick in , then follow up with the manufacterer).

In the end go to you local skate shop, find a stick you like and buy it on EBAY :-D

Jul 31, 2005
CA
If you want a good endorsement of a product look no further than the NHL. If they use it I'm pretty sure it should be good enough for you. Right now I have a Synergy Grip Iginla, Synthesis 2 piece with an Iginla blade and a Louisville TPS Messier. I've broken a Synergy in the boards and 1 over the goal post after 1 too many softys let in by my goalie in 4 or 5 years of using them so I haven't had a problem with durability. Like the other guy said you better be sure you like the blade pattern or you will be stuck. I've bought a Reebok 7k Amonte and a Nike Lemieux and didn't like either of them but sold them pretty easily. Check the internet stores, most of them have deals on composites, you should be able to find 1 under $100.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
majorheadache said:
topcorner said:
What are the top three one piece composite stick in the market, consider the performance, durability, weight and very important $$$.[/QUOTE

you have a plethora of decisions here. Personally I don't snap to many shafts and blades are usually briken by a well place slash.

Mission or Easton (they are both the heavy weights of lightness) somewhere is the 390- 340 grams .
They also both have a rubberized shaft (Composites tend to be a little more slippery than wood).

Personally I would not but a 1 peice , since if the blade breaks or you don't like the lie or curve your sorta stuck. I buy a 2 peice for a little less money $100-$150 and try a few blades till I find a pattern I like than buy those in bulk (well 2 or 3 at a time).

Remember for most composite 1 peice sticks.. The moment you use it on the ice the warrente is expired (though if it is truly a manufactures issue, you might be able to get a replacement. This requires you buy a replacement and send you old stick in , then follow up with the manufacterer).

In the end go to you local skate shop, find a stick you like and buy it on EBAY :-D

Just a comment on the warrenty part. I have brought sticks back to the place I bought them a year after the date of purchase and got a replacement. That may have to do with me bring a good customer but I am pretty sure I could return a stick within the warrenty period and be given a replacement even if I weren't. It all depends on where you buy it. The shop I go to will deal with the company and have no problems doing so.

If you buy it on ebay or online you are left dealing the the manufactuer yourself. I would suggest buying for a shop that is well known and will back the products the sell.

I'm using a Louisville TPS Rubber Response which I really like. But right now I can only find them online (I will not buy online). The one thing about the stick I don't care for is the lie. It's not really a big deal and that can happen with any stick.

From what I have been told the CCM Vector are probably the most durable, but they are a little heavier then the others. I have heard good things about Missions and Warrior (was Innovative) too. I am looking for a new stick right now too. I am torn between getting something a bit cheaper like a Reebok 4K which if it breaks I can buy a new one, or something more expensive like a Bauer Vapor and replacing the blade if it breaks.

I was using a Easton Z Bubble shaft. With the right blade it suppose to feel just like a one piece or pretty close. Honestly, I didn't think so and perfered my old Innovative Inno 1100 shaft. Blades are getting expensive and the don't seem to last all that long. It's what made me switch to a one piece. There is a noticable difference in feel. Careful, once you switch you'll never go back. ;)

Hope some of that helps....damn I want to go buy a new stick now. :D

Last edited:

xpat1313x

Jan 7, 2004
Middleboro, Ma
Visit site
majorheadache said:
topcorner said:
Not true at all I know alot of people who have broken 1 piece sticks and sent them back for a new one most companies give 30 days before the warrenty is void.

As for the original question I've always liked the synergy si-core best but it's really all personal preference.

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
majorheadache said:
topcorner said:

You post is full of errors and the last sentence is the reason that local hockey shops close. You are a pretty ignorant person. To be honest I wouldnt even want you in my shop.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
Figure I would add this here instead of making a new thread.

I bought a Warrior one piece last night. I haven't used it yet (tomorrow night) but it feels great. I skate with the guys who work at the shop I go to. So they weren't giving me the sales pitch, just helping me find a nice stick. Everyone in the store said I would love it and it's a great stick. I've used Innovative sticks in the past and always had good luck with them.

It came down to the Warrior or the Bauer Vapor XXX. The Vapor is an amazing stick, but I was warned they have seen a lot of them come back broken. The other issue with the Vapor was if I happened to break the blade I couldn't replace it due it's design. The area above the blade is super thin.

Some other info I got. I was told to stay away from Easton's. They break way to easily. I was also told that Innovative (now Warrior) made the first Easton Snyergy. Those were the ones that rarely broke. Plus if I happen to break the Warrior during the warrenty period I can bring it back to the store to get a new one. I can grab one off the rack, simple as that.

Man is it game time yet...

Qui Gon Dave

Aug 3, 2005
Cheshire, England
stick9 said:
Figure I would add this here instead of making a new thread.

I bought a Warrior one piece last night. I haven't used it yet (tomorrow night) but it feels great. I skate with the guys who work at the shop I go to. So they weren't giving me the sales pitch, just helping me find a nice stick. Everyone in the store said I would love it and it's a great stick. I've used Innovative sticks in the past and always had good luck with them.

Did you get that limited edition Starsky model or have you managed to get hold of one of the other models a little early? If you are willing to post some of your thoughts about the new stick once you've tried it, i'd like to hear any opinions on the Warrior sticks. I've seen a bunch of guys scoring with them in the NHL and a few breaking, mainly (i think) the Dolomite model. Hopefully they do justice to Innovative. I've been using some Novius tapered shafts the last few months and love them already, hopefully there will be something similar from Warrior in the future. Enjoy the new stick :)

HeHateMeFrisbee

Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
I was also told that Innovative (now Warrior) made the first Easton Snyergy.

Thats incorrect actually. Easton has only ever made their own sticks. BTW the new inno's (warrior) I being manufactured in China.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
Qui Gon Dave said:
Did you get that limited edition Starsky model or have you managed to get hold of one of the other models a little early? If you are willing to post some of your thoughts about the new stick once you've tried it, i'd like to hear any opinions on the Warrior sticks. I've seen a bunch of guys scoring with them in the NHL and a few breaking, mainly (i think) the Dolomite model. Hopefully they do justice to Innovative. I've been using some Novius tapered shafts the last few months and love them already, hopefully there will be something similar from Warrior in the future. Enjoy the new stick

I got the Starsky. Funny because Starsky and Hutch was a favorite show of mine growing up. The wife got a good laughout of that.

I'll be sure and post my thoughts on it sometime over the weekend.

HeHateMeFrisbee said:
I was also told that Innovative (now Warrior) made the first Easton Snyergy.

Thats incorrect actually. Easton has only ever made their own sticks. BTW the new inno's (warrior) I being manufactured in China.

Hmm, interesting. I'm gonna bust his chops about that tomorrow night. Maybe I can get a free sharpening out of it.

The back of the stick says made in Mexico. I am 100% sure because I remember thinking what the heck to people in Mexico know about hockey sticks.

sc37

Jan 14, 2006
OH-IO
www.thescoreboards.com
I hear good things about

Bauer Endure- which is made to last. Pretty much a Vapor with more durability.
Warrior sticks
Salming sticks

For just shafts, Easton Ultralite is hands down the most durable.

KBstyle

Aug 3, 2005
The Vapor XXX is garbage, somebody in my team 4 of them THIS years, at 300+$$$ it's a lot of money for a stick.

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
I personally suggest two-pieces, they're not that much heavier than one-piece and with the right type of blades they feel just as good.

Personally I like the Ultra-Lite, or Z-Bubble setup with a Kevler blade (the blue ones that look cool), they have a real nice feel to them. I also love the complete Synthesis set with both shaft and blade being synthesis, this is the closest thing to one-piece in the two-piece world in my opinion.

Everything I've listed is Easton of course.

afterhours

Jan 13, 2006
I have the Easton Stealth one-piece stick and it truly is the best shooter's stick. BUT, and this is a big BUT, do not buy this stick if you have a history of breaking sticks. It is purely a performance stick, so it is not as sturdy as say the Easton Synergy ST.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Kevin said:
I have one and I love it. Really light though, 395 grams so it takes some getting used to.

How's your Reebok stick working so far? I got a Gaborik Synergy SL today, nice Euro curve on it, needed a change.

Maynard

Veteran of Forum Wars
Jun 11, 2003
Orange County
Tikkanen said:
How's your Reebok stick working so far? I got a Gaborik Synergy SL today, nice Euro curve on it, needed a change.

I really like it too. I had to put it away and use the XN10 for a while to make sure it wasn't defective (for the warranty) but the Reebok will get heavy use.

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
Used my Warrior one piece and oh baby it's sweet. :)

It's toughnes was tested early on. I took a nasty two hand slash ( :madfire: ) to the shaft and it didn't break. There was visable damage to the finish but's about it. While I am excited it held up I am a little disappointed this happened the first time out. If it held up to that I am confident it will take just about anything. Honestly, I am surprised it didn't break.

Felt great, very responsive when shooting the puck. Had that nice soft feel when collecting passes and dishing the puck in tight areas. The lie was perfect. There was a noticable difference between it and my TPS rubber Response.

Very happy and very impressed. I'll buy another for sure.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
Played my first league game last night with the new Synergy SL 100 Gaborik, scored 4 goals. The goalie was awful but it won't say anything about that on the score sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->