Injury Report: Seabrook, Shaw, and Smith to LTIR

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Haha, I didn’t even realize. I hope he recovers well and can save his career.

I think he's done. From his time in Ottawa Smith was very well liked and respected. I wouldn't be surprised if he came back to Canada and was involved in hockey coaching or in a front office role.

Reactions: Mrfenn92

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Shaw has probably had at least 3x-4x that many concussions in his life

The fact that he is on LTIR now instead of IR like Strome is not a good sign.

I was never one to call for his retirement before, but given what he said about his last recovery and how quickly he was reinjured at this point I hope he retires.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Question for the cap geniuses. In these flat cap times does the space give the Hawks the opportunity to be the middle man in trades like the Leafs in a recent Hawks-Knights Lehner trade? Take a player, eat some of his cap and send him on to his final destination in exchange for a pick?

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Question for the cap geniuses. In these flat cap times does the space give the Hawks the opportunity to be the middle man in trades like the Leafs in a recent Hawks-Knights Lehner trade? Take a player, eat some of his cap and send him on to his final destination in exchange for a pick?

Not claiming to be a genius, but there is a max of three contracts you can retain salary on we're using two on Saad and Maatta. Next year we have just Maatta.

Reactions: Space umpire

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad