Seabrook or Weber

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
i think if you combine webers offensive ability with his brute physical force you have a player who (although i like seabrooke) has a higher ceiling than seabrooke. as far as jj goes. weber has proven he can handle the nhl. jj hasnt. and ej has a ways to go before he is nhl ready. weber is ready for a top4 role in the nhl (so is seabrooke) i think weber and seabrooke have a very close upside as far as offense (seabrooke will get more pp time for now, as on a weaker team) but webers physical game edges out seabrooke in my opinion.

i can go along with your opinion on weber vs seabrook. because they are pretty close. but i would have taken seabrook. but keep in mind that jj is two and ej is three years younger then weber. and they could both easely have taken a top four role this season if they wanted to. age 18 to 21. you develop a hell of a lot in that period of time.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
Well yeah, but just because a guy has played in the NHL doesn't mean he will be better than a guy who hasn't. IMO it is short sighted to take Weber just because he has played in the NHL. I mean, it is kinda like saying you'd take Mike Richards over Malkin because he has played in the NHL. Right now i'd take both the EJ and JJ over Weber, although that may change in the years to come.

im saying he has proved in pro hockey that he is ready for top 4 role in the nhl. i think ej would get eaten alive in a top 4 role this year. and jj well he is in college playing a total of what 35-40 games. i think a top 4 role would be even too much for him this year. and we all have our personal opinions.

Last edited:

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
ej for weber. they wouldn't even think about it. of course they would do it. and the gut that said weber was better then ej beacuse he plays in the nhl. at what time did ej have the oppurtunity to play in the nhl.just think about ej at 18 and weber/seabrook at 18. of course weber and seabrook has developed since they where 18, but so wil ej. at age 18 both ej and jj is miles ahead of seabrook and weber and they will keep developing. and both ej and jj could play right now if they wanted to. this is just stupid.

i think your reffering to me as the "gut"
i dont think weber is better cause he is already in the nhl and thats the only reason.
i simply think weber is a total package. and think he is very underrated. ej has proven nothing against nhl'rs. the super hype these kids get before they hit the nhl man. remember alexandre daigle ??? can ej be better ? yes is he right now ? no. in the nhl this year who would be the better d-man. weber. its my opinion that weber is my prefferance over ej.

now back to the original topic....
weber is ready for a top4 role in the nhl (so is seabrooke) i think weber and seabrooke have a very close upside as far as offense (seabrooke will get more pp time for now, as on a weaker team) but webers physical game edges out seabrooke in my opinion.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
i respect your opininon, but if you where the gm of the blues. would you give up ej for weber?? i would never do that. and i also know that weber is nhl ready and that he has proven that. but johnson hasn't had the opputunity yeat. no bad feelings right.;)

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
i respect your opininon, but if you where the gm of the blues. would you give up ej for weber?? i would never do that. and i also know that weber is nhl ready and that he has proven that. but johnson hasn't had the opputunity yeat. no bad feelings right.;)

well with ej tradeing him would be a gamble (while weber isnt much of a gamble)
and the more time he has to develop in college the better he will be in the future (although i still think he would be better off going through the chl) a 72 game schedule, with lots of bus rides. a ton of ice, more physical, professional style grind. i think he would develop better there (weber and seabrooke did ;) ) but getting an education is something that can only help you too.
and if st louis wouldnt trade the #1 pick for immediate help, they must be high in ej. ej will be a good d-man in time, weber already is. now id say the same thing about luc bourdon (fellow canuck fans might disagree) but id take weber over bourdon. and he is my teams top blue chip prospect

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
i agree. he should have played in the chl. im not very high on prospects of he's caliber taking the college route. first of all him and kessel will never need college. they will make their money in the nhl. college route should be for players who is not definately playing the nhl. and stay for many years because they could need their education if their hockey career fails. and there is also a lot more games in the chl.

CrossCheck

Feb 27, 2002
Hockey home, Canada
Visit site
i agree. he should have played in the chl. im not very high on prospects of he's caliber taking the college route. first of all him and kessel will never need college. they will make their money in the nhl. college route should be for players who is not definately playing the nhl. and stay for many years because they could need their education if their hockey career fails. and there is also a lot more games in the chl.

OMG :amazed:

Because the guy has talent he shouldn't get his education???

I thought I already had read stupid comments but now...:eek:

Who cares if he makes good money, maybe this kid wanna become something else than a stupid hockey player who will become an hockey analyst after 35 caus he cannot do nothing else...

Haven't you really write : " because they could need their education " WOW

Tell me I misread you :(

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
OMG :amazed:

Because the guy has talent he shouldn't get his education???

I thought I already had read stupid comments but now...:eek:

Who cares if he makes good money, maybe this kid wanna become something else than a stupid hockey player who will become an hockey analyst after 35 caus he cannot do nothing else...

Haven't you really write : " because they could need their education " WOW

Tell me I misread you :(

i'm not saying education is bad thing. i just think college is wrong for players like ej, jj, kessel, toews and other guys of their caliber. i dont mean college is bad for their entire life. just for the hockey part. i think they could develop more playing in the chl somewhere. where they can focus more on their hockey skills instead of homework.;)

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
and the guys that doesnt become hockey players will definately need their education. not could. just came out the wrong way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->