Seabrook or Weber

stardog

Been on HF so long my Myspace link is part of my p
Oct 31, 2003
www.myspace.com
Weber will be far abd away the better player. He will be one of the premeir all around defensemen in the NHL in a few years IMO.

Amen evil king

Apr 11, 2004
Weber will be far abd away the better player. He will be one of the premeir all around defensemen in the NHL in a few years IMO.

I agree.. Weber has at all.

He's already showing a knack of turning up the offense in the playoffs too. This kid is gonna be huge.

HuskyFlames

Jan 12, 2004
Ummm I would consider Seabrook a top 5 rookie defenseman from last year. The guy on many nights was dominant....all this while playing on a poor team. The guy is one of the most underrated prospects IMO in the NHL for defenseman.

FreshClean

Aug 29, 2006
Seabrook will be on top (not by much) for the next few season, but Weber will pull away as it keeps going imo. Seabrook is just being given more opportunities right now.

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
Seabrook will be on top (not by much) for the next few season, but Weber will pull away as it keeps going imo. Seabrook is just being given more opportunities right now.

Seabrook sure didn't look like a rookie last year! In the 13 games that Seabrook missed, the Hawks went 1-12. I don't think that was a coincidence. For pools, I think I'd take Seabrook.

Overall- I think they will both be outstanding defenseman. Weber will lay the body down more, but I don't think that he'll be any better offensively or positionally than Seabrook. Sort of Scott Stevens (Weber) vs Scott Niedermeyer (Seabrook).

Snoil11

Aug 30, 2006
Germany
Well, a buddy had the opportunity to talk to James Patrick in Frankfurt last season, and he praised Weber to the sky. He was dead certain, that Weber is the upcoming superstar and will be the next Rob Blake.

mytor4*

Seabrook sure didn't look like a rookie last year! In the 13 games that Seabrook missed, the Hawks went 1-12. I don't think that was a coincidence. For pools, I think I'd take Seabrook.

Overall- I think they will both be outstanding defenseman. Weber will lay the body down more, but I don't think that he'll be any better offensively or positionally than Seabrook. Sort of Scott Stevens (Weber) vs Scott Niedermeyer (Seabrook).

you hit it right on the nose.

CrossCheck

Feb 27, 2002
Hockey home, Canada
Visit site

Is Seabrook really that fast? I thought that Brent was more like and offensive Mattias Ohlund...

:dunno:

Thundermare

Aug 21, 2004
:clap: :clap: :clap:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Randall Graves*

No way, Weber might end up being a little better but not alot. Seabrook is really good, and really underrated.

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
this is a really good comparison thread.

unless the hawks wreck him, i have to go with seabrook. the way he sees the game is very impressive, and he's already shown he has all the tools to be a solid nhl blueliner. i think he's the second best defenceman drafted in '03, and weber the third best.

weber is one of my personal favourites, and i won't be upset if i'm wrong, but i just see a limited offensive upside with him compared to seabrook. defensively they are both smart, skilled and tough.

can't go wrong with either one.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
weber his offensive game is truly underrated.
i would take weber over EJ, seabrooke, JJ, .

even if it is underrated he is not going to be better then the johnson's. no way. and i would take seabrook over weber. but ej and jj over seasbrook.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.

There is only one Young D Niedermayer clone , and it isn't Seabrook. I'd be suprised if Seabrook turned out to be as good as Niedermayer. Considering Niedermayer is the second best Dman in the league, i don't ever see Seabrook doing that. Seabrook will be a great #1 though.
I'd probably chose Weber because of the style he plays. Meh, i always pick both in fantasy pools i do.

nuckfan insk

Nov 3, 2005
saskatoon Sask
even if it is underrated he is not going to be better then the johnson's. no way. and i would take seabrook over weber. but ej and jj over seasbrook.

i think if you combine webers offensive ability with his brute physical force you have a player who (although i like seabrooke) has a higher ceiling than seabrooke. as far as jj goes. weber has proven he can handle the nhl. jj hasnt. and ej has a ways to go before he is nhl ready. weber is ready for a top4 role in the nhl (so is seabrooke) i think weber and seabrooke have a very close upside as far as offense (seabrooke will get more pp time for now, as on a weaker team) but webers physical game edges out seabrooke in my opinion.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
i think if you combine webers offensive ability with his brute physical force you have a player who (although i like seabrooke) has a higher ceiling than seabrooke. as far as jj goes. weber has proven he can handle the nhl. jj hasnt. and ej has a ways to go before he is nhl ready. weber is ready for a top4 role in the nhl (so is seabrooke) i think weber and seabrooke have a very close upside as far as offense (seabrooke will get more pp time for now, as on a weaker team) but webers physical game edges out seabrooke in my opinion.

Well yeah, but just because a guy has played in the NHL doesn't mean he will be better than a guy who hasn't. IMO it is short sighted to take Weber just because he has played in the NHL. I mean, it is kinda like saying you'd take Mike Richards over Malkin because he has played in the NHL. Right now i'd take both the EJ and JJ over Weber, although that may change in the years to come.

CrossCheck

Feb 27, 2002
Hockey home, Canada
Visit site
Well yeah, but just because a guy has played in the NHL doesn't mean he will be better than a guy who hasn't. IMO it is short sighted to take Weber just because he has played in the NHL. I mean, it is kinda like saying you'd take Mike Richards over Malkin because he has played in the NHL. Right now i'd take both the EJ and JJ over Weber, although that may change in the years to come.

It's typical on this board... Prospects are always gonna be superior to proven very young players.

We all kinda overhype the kids that are coming and forget so quickly about yesterday's prospects...

Do you really think that Chicago or Nashville would trade ej or jj for either Seabrook or Weber???

I don't...

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
It's typical on this board... Prospects are always gonna be superior to proven very young players.

We all kinda overhype the kids that are coming and forget so quickly about yesterday's prospects...

Do you really think that Chicago or Nashville would trade ej or jj for either Seabrook or Weber???

I don't...

ej for weber. they wouldn't even think about it. of course they would do it. and the gut that said weber was better then ej beacuse he plays in the nhl. at what time did ej have the oppurtunity to play in the nhl.just think about ej at 18 and weber/seabrook at 18. of course weber and seabrook has developed since they where 18, but so wil ej. at age 18 both ej and jj is miles ahead of seabrook and weber and they will keep developing. and both ej and jj could play right now if they wanted to. this is just stupid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad