Trade: [SEA/WSH] Sam Howell, 2024 4th and 6th for 2024 3rd and 5th

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
I actually like having Howell as the backup, but dislike sending a 3rd during a draft where we'll have no second rounder.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
The 3rds were close together that you could get something for one of those.

Shuts the winners up as well.
Plus Seattle got back a 4th and 6th for dropping back in rounds 3 and 5.

See what Seattle can do. I believe that they would love to trade back in round 1, but that is all dependent on another team wanting to come up to 16.

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Is Pete Carroll “advising” the Seahawks on all these off season moves?

Because it sure looks like they’re doing everything they can to make sure the new coach fails miserably.

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Is Pete Carroll “advising” the Seahawks on all these off season moves?

Because it sure looks like they’re doing everything they can to make sure the new coach fails miserably.

Despite my post above I don't think this is any more dramatic than swapping mid-round picks for an obvious upgrade at backup QB.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Despite my post above I don't think this is any more dramatic than swapping mid-round picks for an obvious upgrade at backup QB.
If we assume these picks are SEA and WAS own picks and not belonging to another club or comp picks, to go from mid round 3 to early round 4 (but have to factor in the extra comp 3rd round picks), it is dropping 20 something spots in the draft from high 70's to low 100's from rd 3 to 4. Which is the major one. To get a $1 mill per year cap hit backup QB with 18 nfl starts under his belt.

The likes of Howell, Ridder, Mills (day 2 picks with playing time) will bounce around the NFL as backups. When you have 15 plus starts under your belt, that is something teams want, even if the on field production isn't that great. These guys will get a shot over a Nathan Rourke who has no NFL regular season in game experience. Just have to be lucky enough to be on a roster where you get into a game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad