Sea Dogs get first pick again

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Frankie said:
good question about ejov. i think the fog devils might look for another overage goalie like they had this year with verge. someone to share the time with ejov.

love to see them get adam with the 7th overall pick. i believe the fog devils also own the 16th overall pick from a trade they made at last summer's draft when they moved down from 2nd to 4th to take allard.

Yup you guys own Bathurst's 1st rd pick....which will be..15th by my calculations since they finished 4th overall in the league.

18th overall - Quebec fr. Moncton
17th overall - Rouyn-Noranda fr. Rimouski fr. Drummondville via. Quebec
16th overall - Chicoutimi
15th overall - St-Johns fr. Bathurst

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
TransportedUpstater said:
I guess I just find it funny that Rimouski basically gave up at the trade dealine, and then doesn't win the draft lottery.

A lot of people view it that way.

Rimouski didnt really give up like they did in 02/03. That year they tanked it...used JR B players that played 30 carrer Q games after they dealt all their stars.

This year, they plain old sucked lol They traded Columbe, Desjardins and Bolduc but they sucked even when they had those guys.

Transported Upstater

LaLaLaprise said:
A lot of people view it that way.

Rimouski didnt really give up like they did in 02/03. That year they tanked it...used JR B players that played 30 carrer Q games after they dealt all their stars.

This year, they plain old sucked lol They traded Columbe, Desjardins and Bolduc but they sucked even when they had those guys.

Yeah, they were astonishingly bad. One of the worst junior teams I've seen since the breathtakingly horrible first few years of the Mississauga IceDogs.

But not as bad as that one year for the London Knights several years ago...That team was beyond all words.

EDIT: I did not know the two Cormier's were related.

Transported Upstater

LaLaLaprise said:
Yup you guys own Bathurst's 1st rd pick....which will be..15th by my calculations since they finished 4th overall in the league.

18th overall - Quebec fr. Moncton
17th overall - Rouyn-Noranda fr. Rimouski fr. Drummondville via. Quebec
16th overall - Chicoutimi
15th overall - St-Johns fr. Bathurst

That one cracks me up.

MikeC44

Sep 18, 2003
Moncton, NB
Visit site
scoutman1 said:
Kelsey Tessier (amazing offensive talent, kind of weak but ultra skilled)

His older brother, Zach, was one of the last d-men cut from the Fog Devils last fall.
Maybe they draft Kelsey and offer his brother a spot as enticement for Kelsey to report.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
That one cracks me up.

Keeping track of draft picks in the Q is a nightmare LOL

Here is what happened:

Trade 1:

The Quebec Remparts trade to the Drummondville Voltigeurs player Bobby Nadeau (88-02-23) along with their 1st and 3rd round picks (2006); Drummondville trade to Quebec the player Henrick Lavoie (88-01-14). -- (After this deal was done, Quebec sent Lavoie to Val-D'or for the 11th overall pick and they took Espo).

Trade 2:

The Rimouski Océanic trades to the Drummondville Voltigeurs the player JEAN-MICHEL BOLDUC (85-02-27); In return, the Drummondville Voltigeurs trade to the Rimouski Océanic the 1st round pick choice (acquired from Québec) at the 2006 entry draft.

Trade 3:

The Rimouski Océanic trades to the Québec Remparts the 1st round pick choice (acquired from Drummondville-from Québec) at the 2006 entry draft; In return, the Québec Remparts trade to the Rimouski Océanic the player MAX GRATCHEV (88-09-26).

Trade 4:

The Rouyn-Noranda Huskies trade to the Québec Remparts the players BRENT AUBIN (86-06-18), PIERRE BERGERON (87-02-12) and the 5th round pick choice (acquired from Québec) for 2007, the 9th round pick choice (acquired from Québec) for the 2007 entry draft and their 3rd round pick choice at the 2008 entry draft; In return, the Québec Remparts trade to the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies the players JEFF DESJARDINS (89-01-24), GUILLAUME MAILLOUX (88-05-07), DANNY MIREAULT (88-07-12) and their 1st round pick of the 2006 entry draft and their 4th round pick choice of the 2006 entry draft.

SOOOO The pick started off as Quebec's, it went to Drummondville, then to Rimouski, back to Quebec and finally it was sent to Rouyn-Noranda LOL

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
MikeC44 said:
His older brother, Zach, was one of the last d-men cut from the Fog Devils last fall.
Maybe they draft Kelsey and offer his brother a spot as enticement for Kelsey to report.

Yeah the Fog Devils still have Zach on their protected list.

Artie

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal, Que
Visit site
LaLaLaprise said:
Thats the way I see it. Bathurst picks 6th and will probably take 1 of the 2 goaltenders and then St. John's will take Adam 7th overall.

LaLa,

Where do you see some of the Lac St Louis guys going? If anywhere.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Freaky Habs Fan said:
Who might be in Moncton scope? They don't have their 1st now, but they will take it back at the draft table for Brad Marchand...

Thats their first in 2007.

Quebec has Moncton's 1st in 2006 in the Welton trade.

Moncton has the following draft picks in 2006:

3rd rd pick - Victo
6th rd pick
6th rd pick - Saint John
7th rd pick - Victo
8th rd pick - Gatineau
9th rd pick to 15th rd pick (Their own).

Transported Upstater

LaLaLaprise said:
Keeping track of draft picks in the Q is a nightmare LOL

Here is what happened:

Trade 1:

The Quebec Remparts trade to the Drummondville Voltigeurs player Bobby Nadeau (88-02-23) along with their 1st and 3rd round picks (2006); Drummondville trade to Quebec the player Henrick Lavoie (88-01-14). -- (After this deal was done, Quebec sent Lavoie to Val-D'or for the 11th overall pick and they took Espo).

Trade 2:

The Rimouski Océanic trades to the Drummondville Voltigeurs the player JEAN-MICHEL BOLDUC (85-02-27); In return, the Drummondville Voltigeurs trade to the Rimouski Océanic the 1st round pick choice (acquired from Québec) at the 2006 entry draft.

Trade 3:

The Rimouski Océanic trades to the Québec Remparts the 1st round pick choice (acquired from Drummondville-from Québec) at the 2006 entry draft; In return, the Québec Remparts trade to the Rimouski Océanic the player MAX GRATCHEV (88-09-26).

Trade 4:

The Rouyn-Noranda Huskies trade to the Québec Remparts the players BRENT AUBIN (86-06-18), PIERRE BERGERON (87-02-12) and the 5th round pick choice (acquired from Québec) for 2007, the 9th round pick choice (acquired from Québec) for the 2007 entry draft and their 3rd round pick choice at the 2008 entry draft; In return, the Québec Remparts trade to the Rouyn-Noranda Huskies the players JEFF DESJARDINS (89-01-24), GUILLAUME MAILLOUX (88-05-07), DANNY MIREAULT (88-07-12) and their 1st round pick of the 2006 entry draft and their 4th round pick choice of the 2006 entry draft.

SOOOO The pick started off as Quebec's, it went to Drummondville, then to Rimouski, back to Quebec and finally it was sent to Rouyn-Noranda LOL

I never understood Q draft trades. Seems like some teams make incredibly boneheaded moves.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Artie said:
LaLa,

Where do you see some of the Lac St Louis guys going? If anywhere.

1990's

Mark Barbiero - D - LSL MAAA - I think he will go in the top 10...around picks 8th-10th overall.
Victor Heselton - D - LSL MAAA - I see him going in round 2
Kyle Hunchbeger - F - LSL MAAA - I like his overall skills, but he doesnt always work hard...good size, i say late 2nd or early 3rd.
Francis Drolet - F - LSL Espoir - Played espoir for the Tigres...very mature player, not overly flashy, good 2 way...3rd or 4th round.
Vincent Lessard - G - LSL MAAA - I still find that he is a bit slow in the net, 4th round.
Jake Williams - G - LSL Espoir - Good size, atheltic, moves well...4th round
Matthew Whitaker - F - LSL Espoir - Flashy, razzle dazzle, loads of skill but he still tries to deek through everyone...i dont think he will be drafted for that reason, although he has a tonne of skill.
Chris Aretakis - F - LSL Espoir - Very good skater, offensive player...someone may gamble on him in round 5 but i dont see him being drafted.
Jordan Southern - D - LSL Espoir - The Q scouts love him...me not so much lol He is ranked as a 2nd rounder but in my opinion i dont think he is worthy of a selection...he is big and can move the puck though.

1989's

Alexandre Proschek - D - LSL MAAA - Physical dman...good size, improved a lot since last year...6th or 7th round.
Alexandre Quesnel - F - LSL MAAA - Smallish, but he is a pittbull, led Bantam in scoring last season...can score when needed but plays a good 2 way game...6th or 7th round.

Other 89's who will more than likely be taken after round 7:

Nicholas Prockow - F - LSL MAAA
Eric Faille - F - LSL MAAA
Matthew Dopod - G - LSL MAAA

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I never understood Q draft trades. Seems like some teams make incredibly boneheaded moves.

Some do...as in any league. I dont know why VD wanted Lavoie...he is a 3rd line checker and it cost them an 11th overall pick.

Transported Upstater

LaLaLaprise said:
Some do...as in any league. I dont know why VD wanted Lavoie...he is a 3rd line checker and it cost them an 11th overall pick.

That was one of the ones I was thinking of, actually...

EDIT: I'm hungry. Time for Mexican food.

Artie

Mar 1, 2002
Montreal, Que
Visit site
LaLaLaprise said:
1990's

Mark Barbiero - D - LSL MAAA - I think he will go in the top 10...around picks 8th-10th overall.
Victor Heselton - D - LSL MAAA - I see him going in round 2
Kyle Hunchbeger - F - LSL MAAA - I like his overall skills, but he doesnt always work hard...good size, i say late 2nd or early 3rd.
Francis Drolet - F - LSL Espoir - Played espoir for the Tigres...very mature player, not overly flashy, good 2 way...3rd or 4th round.
Vincent Lessard - G - LSL MAAA - I still find that he is a bit slow in the net, 4th round.
Jake Williams - G - LSL Espoir - Good size, atheltic, moves well...4th round
Matthew Whitaker - F - LSL Espoir - Flashy, razzle dazzle, loads of skill but he still tries to deek through everyone...i dont think he will be drafted for that reason, although he has a tonne of skill.
Chris Aretakis - F - LSL Espoir - Very good skater, offensive player...someone may gamble on him in round 5 but i dont see him being drafted.
Jordan Southern - D - LSL Espoir - The Q scouts love him...me not so much lol He is ranked as a 2nd rounder but in my opinion i dont think he is worthy of a selection...he is big and can move the puck though.

1989's

Alexandre Proschek - D - LSL MAAA - Physical dman...good size, improved a lot since last year...6th or 7th round.
Alexandre Quesnel - F - LSL MAAA - Smallish, but he is a pittbull, led Bantam in scoring last season...can score when needed but plays a good 2 way game...6th or 7th round.

Other 89's who will more than likely be taken after round 7:

Nicholas Prockow - F - LSL MAAA
Eric Faille - F - LSL MAAA
Matthew Dopod - G - LSL MAAA

What about from the Patriotes?

We are on the same page on most of the players.

I'm not sold on Southorn either but obviously someone sees something in him.

Jake scares me, but with some technical work I think he may have decent potential.

I like Drolet, brings a great work ethic to every game.

I hope someone takes a chance on Faille, I don't think they'll be disappointed.

Aretakis and Whitaker need to mature, but there is no denying their skill set.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Artie said:
What about from the Patriotes?

We are on the same page on most of the players.

I'm not sold on Southorn either but obviously someone sees something in him.

Jake scares me, but with some technical work I think he may have decent potential.

I like Drolet, brings a great work ethic to every game.

I hope someone takes a chance on Faille, I don't think they'll be disappointed.

Aretakis and Whitaker need to mature, but there is no denying their skill set.

Agreed on all counts.

Patriotes:

1990's

Yann Sauve - D - hes talked about enough :)
Joel Champagne - C - I think he is underrated, tall kid, good vision of the ice..he had a slow start but played great down the stretch. He will go late 1st rd, early 2nd rd.
Antoine Laganiere - C - Lanky center, offensivly gifted but didnt really burn up the league. He would be more of a project. 4th round.
Travis Stacey - W - He didnt have many points, that isnt his thing. He is an energy type winger and he is fairly large. Im sure someone will draft him as a project in round 5.
Nicolas Therrien - D - Offensive dman, decent skater, good vision, he shows that he is capable of running a PP. I dont think he gets drafted this year, too small for dman.
Maxim Guerin - F - I like him, but more for next year. Has shown flashes but at 5'08 he isnt dominated enough to get drafted.

1989's

Vincent Rolland - D - I like him a lot, some dont though. He is a leader, good all around player, could step in right away as he is a year older. Around 3rd-4th round.
Jordan Dewey - D - Another kid i really like, it goes back to last year even. Great skater, mobile puck rusher...he doesnt get much love though from other people. 5th-6th round.
Alexandre Leduc V. - F - There are 2 of them, so the kid who wears #92. Good all-around offensive player, i liked him last year when he was with the preds espoir. 5th-6th round.
Simon-Yves Lazure - F - One of the offensive leaders for the Patriotes, lacks size but he works hard. 8th-9th round.
Guillaume Tartre - G - He is the best goaltender for the Patrioes, i like him more than Payment. That being said, he will be a late pick, probably rounds 10-15.
Marc-Andre Payment - G - Like I said above, i like Tartre more, but i still think Payment will be drafted, 10-15 round.

VanNistelrooy

Jun 15, 2005
Habs Land
Lala, do you saw some of the Albatros from RDL games ? Could you tell us who are the players to watch ?

I know Rimouski drafted Boudreau, and signed Samuel Collard.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Frankie said:
good question about ejov. i think the fog devils might look for another overage goalie like they had this year with verge. someone to share the time with ejov.

love to see them get adam with the 7th overall pick. i believe the fog devils also own the 16th overall pick from a trade they made at last summer's draft when they moved down from 2nd to 4th to take allard.

How did Allard turn out this year? What does his potential look to be?

Frankie

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
HabLover said:
How did Allard turn out this year? What does his potential look to be?

he played on the 4th line mostly, but you can see his has lots of skill and lots of potential. he'll play on the 2nd line next year and i think he'll score close to a point per game.

LaLaLaprise

lalalaprise -twitter
Feb 28, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
VanNistelrooy said:
Lala, do you saw some of the Albatros from RDL games ? Could you tell us who are the players to watch ?

I know Rimouski drafted Boudreau, and signed Samuel Collard.

1990's

Alex Aucoin - D - He is probably their top prospect. Good size, mobile...not the best with the puck though. 4th round.
Styve Couturier - D - Only 140 lbs but the kid has skill. He wont be drafted i dont think but he is talented.
Gabriel Dumont - F - Undersized forward, lots of talent but who knows if his game will translate to the Q.
Jean-Sebastien Berube - F - Big winger...likes to crash and bang, no hands, wont be drafted.
Tommy Perreault - G - Very quick...played great in Bantam AA, but he is 5'07...dont think he will be drafted.

1989's

Patrick Belzile - F - I like him a lot, showed up big time in the playoffs...hes lanky and should be picked in round 6-7.
Jean-Christophe Gauthier - F - He is 5'07 but the guy has mad skills...someone will get a steal in rounds 10-15, he reminds me of Felix Petit.
Yann-Julien Chouinard - D - Liked him in espoir last year...i dont think he has developd as expected, im sure someone will take him in the late rounds.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
scoutman1 said:
Cormier is just as good as Sauve for taking over a game...think Cam Neely. Cormier will fight, hit hard, play aggressive and scum it out in corners, he is an amazing playmaker with awsome vision and passing ability, he is a deadly scorer, he goes to the net, has great stickhandling ability and is super strong on the puck, uses his size well and takes over a game when he plays. He is a franchise player who has the ability to be #1 overall in the 2008 NHL draft as well. Everytime he is on the ice you take notice of his skill and he will make you say wow when you watch him.

the draft will play out like this:

Saint John - Patrice Cormier (he is from New Brunswick as well, so local phenome)
Rimouski - Yann Sauve (this is the guy they wanted anyway)
Victoriaville - Phillippe Cornet (a real gem in the making, leads AAA in scoring)
PEI - Chris Doyle (He is a deadly scorer, amazing offensive player and is from PEI)

It's looking like the 1990 born players Canada wide will be a very impressive group in the years to come! It could be another 1985 or 1987 class again, a very powerful group of kids. The 85's have probably been the strongest in a long time. They basically won everything they entered.

Transported Upstater

HabLover said:
It's looking like the 1990 born players Canada wide will be a very impressive group in the years to come! It could be another 1985 or 1987 class again, a very powerful group of kids. The 85's have probably been the strongest in a long time. They basically won everything they entered.

The 85's were not strong. They were DOMINANT.

The 90's look outstanding so far. Team Quebec at the U-17 challenge impressed me.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
The 85's were not strong. They were DOMINANT.

The 90's look outstanding so far. Team Quebec at the U-17 challenge impressed me.

What is unfortunate is, the upcoming(at Xmas) U17 tournament will be the Canada Winter Games and it won't feature teams from the USA, Russia, Czech Republic, etc. for the 1990 born players to play against. A bunch of 90's did compete in the just finished U17 tourney though and one in particular, Tavares, could be on the WJC team next year.

Transported Upstater

HabLover said:
What is unfortunate is, the upcoming(at Xmas) U17 tournament will be the Canada Winter Games and it won't feature teams from the USA, Russia, Czech Republic, etc. for the 1990 born players to play against. A bunch of 90's did compete in the just finished U17 tourney though and one in particular, Tavares, could be on the WJC team next year.

Ugh, I hope Canada doesn't take Tavares...too early. They should only take him if is completely tearing up the OHL. I expect him to be outstanding, but unless he's averaging a goal and an assist per game, I would not take Tavares if I were Team Canada. Your country has more than enough talented players to go around.

I think Tavares would get more than he bargained for in the WJC.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->