scwarz or montoya or dubnyk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
s7ark said:
I know Dubnyk isn't gonna get a lot of love here, but I think he could surprise many. He has a good glove, can cover the entire bottom of the net in his butterfly, has quick feet, and seems to have a great head on his shoulders.

In his pre draft interview, one of the things that sold Lowe on him was that he brought a chart he made of all the players in the WHL and their passing/shooting preferences. That shows a lot of maturity for such a young kid.

I don't see Loungo in him but a Sean Burke is a possibilty. And that would be fine by me.

Yeah, and Lowe will look like a genius if the league decides to increase the size of the goal. ;)

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
Well, I'm biased, but I'd rank them:

Schwarz
Montoya
Dubnyk

Before the draft, I was actually thinking that the Blues would take Dubnyk in the second round. I didn't see him as a first-rounder, and I figured there was no way on God's green earth that Schwarz or Montoya would be available when the Blues' turn to pick came up, but I liked his size and his steady improvement from Christmas to spring in the best junior league in the world.

Interestingly enough, Carl Soderberg was one of the guys I thought the Blues might reach for in the first round, and they ended up taking him in the second, and getting their goalie in the first.

I also figured that Schneider would be taken before Dubnyk, and I still feel Schneider may be a little bit ahead of Dubnyk on sheer potential.

Don't get me wrong, both have a lot of upside, and both are big goalies who cover a lot of net, but I think Schneider will surprise some people because he didn't get a lot of exposure and very few people know how good he really is.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
From the rookie camp of the Oilers, Dubnyk looked to me every bit as good as Deslauriers.(Although I have never been the biggest Deslauriers guy, a lot of people like him.)

Montoya and Schwarz I only saw at WJC, so I won't rank.

I get the feeling Jay and his one scout will be wrong about Dubnyk(This year's likely starter for the Canadian WJC team.)

Prucha73

I think Dubnik if grows more will be too clumsy. And if equipment gets smaller, he will have a huge 5-hole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad