SCSU Huskies

Bacdahelup

Aug 26, 2006
That was a nice beating. the ND band barely picked up their instruments. The ice should be
a little harder and faster today, it'll get cut down as the game goes on.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Could be a high scoring game today. Should be entertaining. Good luck Huskies.

One thing is for certain...

it will definitely be a high speed game. Both teams have players that can fly.

Some personal observations from yesterday's game:

1) I thought the Huskies utilized their team speed exceedingly well throughout the game and that created some problems for Notre Dame. One area where it was really noticeable was in the transition game. What impressed me most was the fact that it was a total team effort. It wan't just Leblanc, Hanowski and Jensen. It was everybody. Everybody chipped in to help the team win, even if it didn't appear on the scoresheet. I thought Faragher looked really comfortable in net. He wasn't spectacular (although he made some great grade "A" saves), but he was consistently there to shut the door. Yes, he let in a goal by Mike Voran, but can't really fault him much on that one.

2) The Notre Dame team that beat Michigan in the CCHA tournament championship game last weekend was NOT the same Notre Dame team that showed up against SCSU yesterday. The Fighting Irish did a very poor job of executing their game plan and they simply didn't come out as hungry or with the sense of urgency that the Huskies did. They made a lot of mistakes, namely turnovers, that really helped SCSU, IMO. Summerhays, whose been really good in net this season for Notre Dame, looked shaky and discombobulated at times throughout the game. He didn't play with the confidence that he played with against Michigan and more importantly, he didn't make the saves that he needed to make. He looked especially bad on Cory Thorson's goal (I believe that was the one).

Good luck to SCSU versus Miami later today. It should be a fun one and I'll be watching. :)

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
OK Rabid you can stop doing this stuff -------> :banana: :win: :hyper: :partytime:

BTW, can you also cheer up a little too? :laugh:

Seriously though, congrats to the Huskies on a great win over Miami earlier today. And how about Joey Benik winning the MOP?! well deserved for sure.

Who would've ever thought that SCSU would be the WCHA torch barriers in the Frozen Four this year before the NCAA Tournament got going? (put your hand down, Dakota)

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Won't stop doing that for a few days. These guys are a special bunch. And yeah, I figured we would be a torch bearer, maybe not the only one, but I knew we'd be there.
2 more wins.

WaltWhitman

Oct 18, 2010
Won't stop doing that for a few days. These guys are a special bunch. And yeah, I figured we would be a torch bearer, maybe not the only one, but I knew we'd be there.
2 more wins.

Go St. Cloud. I really hope you win it all and spoil the east coast lovefest.

Bacdahelup

Aug 26, 2006
Way to go. That was a lot of fun. I hope you guys keep rollin. When you beat ND on saturday, those guys were
packing up, pizzed off, and moving out as soon as the game ended. Only 1 day after they and Miami moved in and acted like they owned the place.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Wish we were playing tomorrow but I'm still very proud of this team
Congrats to LeBlanc on the Hobey and his new contract with Chicago and congrats to Hanowski for his deal with the Flames.
Both will likely play in the NHL this season.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Congrats to Drew. Can't ask for much of better of a year for him as far as individual accomplishments go. I'm sure he would trade it all in for a chance at a national championship today though.

Solution

May 20, 2010
Cheswick, PA
Rabid Huskies:

Is Faragher, the goalie, a senior? He was in Pittsburgh's development camp this past summer, and I was impressed with him. If he is a senior, I am hoping that the Penguins can sign him. If not, I want to see him return for his senior year. (I am not a fan of signing guys early.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->