SCSU Huskies

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Hey look at that, my team showed up. Bring on UND. Time to prove we are a first place team.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Hey look at that, my team showed up. Bring on UND. Time to prove we are a first place team.
Be careful what ya wish for. Wish I could make it to the series but I have to coach my high school team both nights. Should be a good one and the Sioux need at least 3 points if they want any chance at winning the MacNaughton Cup. Nice sweep of DU by the way.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Be careful what ya wish for. Wish I could make it to the series but I have to coach my high school team both nights. Should be a good one and the Sioux need at least 3 points if they want any chance at winning the MacNaughton Cup. Nice sweep of DU by the way.

This team knows they can win, hell if Saunders doesn't play damn near out of his mind, your boys may get swept in St. Cloud. It should be some good games. I know that if SCSU shows up to work, we can beat anyone in the country.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Recruit Update

Forwards
Peterson 20 points (7G, 13A) 16PIM -6 in 31 games for Cedar Rapids (USHL)
Papa 22 points (10G, 12A) 22PIM +5 in 31 games for Waterloo (USHL)
Newell 19 points (8G, 11A) 6PIM -5 in 36 games for Fairbanks (NAHL)
Hendrickson 20 points (6G, 14A) 16PIM -1 in 33 games for Coulee Region (NAHL)
Tedesco 52 points (22G, 30A) 48PIM in 39 games for Toronto Lakeshore (OJHL)(leads team in points)
Buonincontri 26 points (14G, 12A) 22PIM in 17 games for Smiths Falls (CCHL) (injured)
Harris 52 points (16G, 36A) 12PIM in 31 games for California Titans (Midget 16AAA)

Defense
Storm 5 points (0G, 5A) 32PIM +2 in 27 games for Muskegon (USHL)
Nevalainen 19 points (2G, 17A) 14PIM +29 in 32 games for Dubuque (USHL) (leads team in D-scoring, +/-, 2nd in league in +/-)

Goalies
Lindgren 19-6-1 2.55GAA .906SV% 2SO in 27 games for Sioux Falls (USHL)

HS
Schuldt 18 points (5G, 13A) 12PIM in 16 games for Minnetonka (MN HS)
Schuldt 13 points (1G, 12A) 16PIM in 20 games for Team Southwest (Elite League)

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Much needed 3 points. These guys are oozing confidence right now. No letdowns and I think our first conference title can be attained.

RabidBadger

Mazur detractors will look like dummies!
Sep 9, 2007
Detroitish
Much needed 3 points. These guys are oozing confidence right now. No letdowns and I think our first conference title can be attained.

Huskies are definitely playing with a pair;) Nice to see them live up to their potential. what do you think the difference is this year compared to other years where the talent was there but not the results?

That final series with Bucky should be great. It's going to be an important momentum builder going into the WCHAs and hopefully NCAAs for both teams.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Huskies are definitely playing with a pair;) Nice to see them live up to their potential. what do you think the difference is this year compared to other years where the talent was there but not the results?

That final series with Bucky should be great. It's going to be an important momentum builder going into the WCHAs and hopefully NCAAs for both teams.

I'm not sure really. One thing I do see with this team that I haven't from other contenders we have had is a total commitment to team defense.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
We've had problems this year playing down to opponents. No letdowns this weekend please. The Cup is within sight, you want it, prove it.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Good job by the Huskies in getting the sweep over Bemidji, but the bigger test will come next weekend versus the Gophers. Looking forward to watching it. I'm sure the NHC will be very raucous.

It'll be deafening in there. I have no doubts anymore, the boys will be ready. If we win this series, I think the Cup is basically clinched with the schedule we have left. This team is playing so well and so calm right now. No panic, no worry, just workmanlike Husky hockey and take care of business. We don't take penalties (0 this weekend) and even if we do, our PK has been fantastic. The PP is kinda like novocaine, give it time, and it usually works. We have depth like I've never seen in a Husky team. 13 goals leads this team yet we have a top 10 offense in goals per game and a top 15 defense. It's just amazing to me. The pessimist in me is waiting for the shoe to drop but I don't think this team is going to let it. I'd like our chances against anyone in the country right now and I think we are going to be playing our best when it matters.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Huskies get a commit from Grand Forks Red River forward Jacob Benson. He played on the Great Plains team in the HS Elite League with Austin Poganski who is from St. Cloud and will play for UND. So the St. Cloud kid goes to UND and the Grand Forks kid comes to St. Cloud.

Dakota Sioux

Wild Time
Aug 19, 2005
JAMESTOWN,ND
Huskies get a commit from Grand Forks Red River forward Jacob Benson. He played on the Great Plains team in the HS Elite League with Austin Poganski who is from St. Cloud and will play for UND. So the St. Cloud kid goes to UND and the Grand Forks kid comes to St. Cloud.

Go figure eh.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
4 games to go, Tech up next, hasn't won here since November of 1998. We've got a 2 point lead over MN, 3 over UND and UNO. It's within sight boys, get it done.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Prchno and Brodzinski named Defensive and Rookie players of the week. Prochno had 5 points on the weekend and was a plus 5. Brodz had 3 goals plus a helper and is the national freshman leader in goals with 17.

ChadS

Jun 30, 2009
Hey! Do you think Nick Jensen will be turning pro after this year? And if he does, how do you think he'll manage in the AHL + what do you think his NHL potential is? Thanks and good luck for the rest of the season!

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Hey! Do you think Nick Jensen will be turning pro after this year? And if he does, how do you think he'll manage in the AHL + what do you think his NHL potential is? Thanks and good luck for the rest of the season!

Unfotunately yes even though I'd love it if he stayed. I think he will handle the AHL fine, he's quick and a very smart player who has produced at every level. He will be an NHLer, likely a 2nd pairing PP, PK guy.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
LeBlanc WCHA POTY & Scholar Athlete
Jensen WCHA DPOTY

Faragher left off, Dowd left off, Kossila and Brodz get no rookie love.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
I thought we played well for the most part against UW. Get some calls and some bounces, we win that game. Now time to face Notre Dame. Sounds like they playa s tyle similar to UW. We can win this region, guys have to step up but we can do this. Pittsburgh here we come.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->