Proposal: scratching eberle and lucic at the same time.

Jepprey

Creeper
May 25, 2006
No need for a benching. They just need to be removed from McDavids line. McDavid needs skaters on his wings. Lucic and Eberle are far too static. I rather have Pouliot on his left wing.

Brewster

Mar 20, 2012
Canada
If eberle recovers the mentality he played with during his first two seasons, he'd be an unreal linemate for McDavid. The current reality is that he's become a soft perimeter player who's failing to cash in on grade A chances and plays mediocre defense. Sit him for Slepyshev for two games, maybe he'll sort himself out.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada
Ebs has been absolute trash the past couple of games.

Just demote him, no need to PB him.

Playing with Connor should be a privilege not a right.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
I just don't get why TM was forcing this trio since the preseason. It just hasn't really clicked all year. So far only 3 players have clicked with Mcdavid and we traded one of them for a bag of pucks.

Yea no kidding

Maroon - McDavid - Yakupov
Pouliot - RNH - Eberle
Lucic - Draisaitl - Puljujarvi
Pitlick - Letestu - Kassian
Lander/Hendricks

Oh well a 3rd maybe 2nd is totally worth it.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
What I find to be very annoying is that Tmac stressed having "pairs" last season, Chia as well iirc. Thats why we had Draisaitl-Hall, McDavid-Ebs, RNH-Pou and a filler on each line. Now however, I haven't heard him mention pairs once this season, Looch said he signed because of McDavid so he gets to play with McDavid - good coaching, and Eberle is our longest serving player so he gets top rw too - good coaching.
Very frustrating as a fan when you know this team is being held back by the coach. I give Tmac a lot of credit and all in all am happy with him, but he can be such a bonehead at times.

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011
The Lucic signing was horrible, but he had to do it after losing so much value on the Hall deal. Hopefully he can turn it around. His addition to team toughness is very valuable regardless of his on ice struggles.

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Yeah that Yakupov is lighting it up on STL, isn't he?

More points than Fabbri, Lethera, Schwartz and as many as Berglund and Perron.

Tied for 4th in forward points after names like Tarasenko, Stastny and Steen.

Not bad at all considering how weak offensively St.Louis has been this season, 24th overall with only 24 GF.

Ninety7

go oil go
Jun 19, 2010
Canada

Not bad at all considering how weak offensively St.Louis has been this season, 24th overall with only 24 GF.

Just reading through their GDTs and it sounds like they are really enjoying him there... Blues fans are praising his game

I hope he does well, but we have to move on.

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
We are in first place.

We've played two bad games out of eleven and tonight wasn't one of them.

Our lack of maturity shined through tonight but this a better team than we've seen in ten years.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

Demoted to the 4th line for 2 games. Less than 5 min of ice time tonite lol. Wanna try again?

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Demoted to the 4th line for 2 games. Less than 5 min of ice time tonite lol. Wanna try again?

I wasn't aware 7 minutes 28 seconds was 4 minutes. Thats something new.

Lol I posted facts, "trying again" doesn't work, I know it goes against your Yak-hating agenda but those numbers are real and not fabricated.
Also, I'd argue with increased ice time and PP ice time he'd have more points.

Anyways Yak discussion belongs in the Yak thread.

Edit: And the team got blown out 6-2 so obviously his reduced ice time isn't helping them win...

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016
I wasn't aware 7 minutes 28 seconds was 4 minutes. Thats something new.

Lol I posted facts, "trying again" doesn't work, I know it goes against your Yak-hating agenda but those numbers are real and not fabricated.
Also, I'd argue with increased ice time and PP ice time he'd have more points.

Anyways Yak discussion belongs in the Yak thread.

Edit: And the team got blown out 6-2 so obviously his reduced ice time isn't helping them win...

Sorry. My bad The Score app fails again. It showed 4:59 for awhile. Apologies.

Nevertheless, keeps getting demoted by the game. Points in only 2 games. That says volumes

A91

Oilers + Real Madrid
May 21, 2011
Edmonton
Sorry. My bad The Score app fails again. It showed 4:59 for awhile. Apologies.

Nevertheless, keeps getting demoted by the game. Points in only 2 games. That says volumes

Fair enough having many issues with the score app as well, which is usually on point.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Looch did not have a good game tonight. If he has a bad start the next game then demote him for the remainder of the game. It's not as if our other lines are doing overly well either. It might be a crazy idea but if things aren't working try McDavid on RNH's wing for a bit.

Chet Manley

Apr 15, 2007
Regina, SK
Not a fan of playing with RNH or Draisaitl being considered a punishment. You suck Looch... now play with this other excellent centre as a lesson!? Perhaps TM is letting the line go as long as he to see if any chemistry can develop, a long term answer to who plays best with McDavid. (not promising so far)

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Its not on Ebs and Lucic but in McLellan who continues to persist with them on the top line.
Pouliot had chem with McDavid so did Maroon yet we havent seen any juggling. Just because he was the big signing doesnt mean Lucic couldnt start on the 3rd line and worked his way up. Also Eberle-McDavid connection is overstated and IMO is incorrect. They produced despite being on the same line not because of it.. Time to bring back McBlender

orcatown

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
Eriksson for Lucic????

If Eriksson was with McDavid might have 6 or 7 goal by now. As it is, he might not score till Xmas.

LemmyUlanov55

4th line grinder
Apr 3, 2016
We are in first place.

We've played two bad games out of eleven and tonight wasn't one of them.

Our lack of maturity shined through tonight but this a better team than we've seen in ten years.
Spot on.
Scratching both players does more harm to the team than anything else. I guess both players know they've been playing s*** over the last couple of games, time for them to step up, not scratching them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->