GDT: SCP24 | RD2 | GM2 | Dallas Stars vs. Colorado Avalanche | 8:30PM CT | TNT

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
Some thoughts…

We won without Wyatt doing much. I think that’s a first in these playoffs. Very nice to have someone else step up.

I believe Stankoven spent more time on the top line during this game than any other. Although he didn’t get a point, that line looked much more dangerous because of him. He had multiple puck jacks and created multiple scoring chances. Keep him there please. Or at least don’t put Pavs there. It feels like once Stank scores, it’s going to open the flood gates.

Pavs, Pavs, Pavs… I love you but this is getting hard to watch. I want this team to win it for him and I want him to succeed so badly but god damn losing that puck on the breakaway… yarf

Good shit Hintz. I was done with you. Keep it up.

I don’t think this needs to be said but stop f***ing sitting back with the lead.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
PDB is rolling lines and keeping ice time pretty reasonable for everyone.

This might be a problem when Pavelski literally can't keep up, Duchene and Suter are half asleep and Nils isn't free to do Nils things. Also the fourth line was wonky af this last game, and I hope Faksa isn't hurt again.

Stankoven needs 5 of Pavelski's minutes, and Nils needs 5 of every other D-man's total minutes.

And then we can stop criticizing PDB's decision making.

Reactions: LT and Elysian

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
PDB is rolling lines and keeping ice time pretty reasonable for everyone.

This might be a problem when Pavelski literally can't keep up, Duchene and Suter are half asleep and Nils isn't free to do Nils things. Also the fourth line was wonky af this last game, and I hope Faksa isn't hurt again.

Stankoven needs 5 of Pavelski's minutes, and Nils needs 5 of every other D-man's total minutes.

And then we can stop criticizing PDB's decision making.
Agree on all points

Reactions: LT

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
One of the angles makes it look the head was hit but the others make it clear it was shoulder to shoulder. Toews hitting his head on Wyatts chest/head/helmet afterwards seemed like to make much more of an impact than the shoulder to shoulder hit.
Certainly less of a head shot than the non call (and Wild PP) resulting from Dumba's hit to Pavs last year.....I still haven't gotten over that one, but it's nice to see that those kind of calls do go the Stars way sometimes, lol. Yeah, we have had 4 more PP's than the Avs' but in this game, 3 of them were just dumb plays by the Avs, i.e., Too Many Men and Delay of Game. Not to mention, our two "even up" diving calls prevented us from having a PP after an Av's penalty. Not saying those weren't justified, but........

LT

XXXX - XXXX - ____ - ____
Jul 23, 2010
The too many men and delay of game calls aren't "judgment" calls. Those are just dumb mistakes by the Avs that the refs basically cannot not call.

Penalties have been even besides those calls.

The embellishment calls have got to f***ing stop. It's a ridiculous cop out by the refs who don't want to give a powerplay but know they can't let an actual penalty go uncalled.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
The too many men and delay of game calls aren't "judgment" calls. Those are just dumb mistakes by the Avs that the refs basically cannot not call.

The embellishment calls have got to f***ing stop. It's a ridiculous cop out by the refs who don't want to give a powerplay but know they can't let an actual penalty go uncalled.
The fact that the Stars have received diving calls but Rantanen hasn’t is ridiculous. Making it even worse is that he drew calls on those blatant dives.

Cowboyluck

Feb 26, 2016
We are up 4 goals because we were forechecking. We gave up 3 goals because we stopped forechecking.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH

I don't think Marchment was trying to dive, but he has that reputation so I get it. Dude can't skate for crap.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad