scouting services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
Several..

HF's varies from writer to writer, some sections are the best you'll find in the world, others not so much
Mckeens has a tremendous amount of content, can't go wrong there.

How would I 'rate' them? I dunno. To me, the THN Draft Preview is the be all and end all over all the others - but I'm sure others might think differently.

Prucha73

Is there really a need or demand for so many scouting services and reports? How do they make profit from it? Do NHL teams review all of them or only some specific ones?

liveviewings

May 20, 2004
Prucha73 said:
How would you rate them in quality and accuracy? (Red Line, ISS, CSB, Young Guns) Is there any other out there?

The fact is they are geared to different groups.
Red Line is purchased by 30 NHL team as well as most CHL teams. ISS is a newer start up which has some CHL teams. CSB is the NHL paid for company that teams MUST pay for. Young guns is well a web site that some fans may look at.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
liveviewings said:
The fact is they are geared to different groups.
Red Line is purchased by 30 NHL team as well as most CHL teams. ISS is a newer start up which has some CHL teams. CSB is the NHL paid for company that teams MUST pay for. Young guns is well a web site that some fans may look at.

ISS has several NHL teams for their pro scouting reports as well as NCAA and CHL teams. I don't know how many NHL teams, but I think it's around 20. I've talked with the head scout of ISS several times, and they seem to be growing rapidly.

Russian Fan

Feb 27, 2003
Visit site
montreal said:
ISS has several NHL teams for their pro scouting reports as well as NCAA and CHL teams. I don't know how many NHL teams, but I think it's around 20. I've talked with the head scout of ISS several times, and they seem to be growing rapidly.

You're right ISS is growing very fast. Like RLR , I dont always agree with their ranking & some assesments with players but who am I to judge ? I dont see 90% of the future draftees.

To me ISS & RLR are like team NHL #31 & #32. I saw them as an NHL team working on drafting their players & that's why you have so many different ranking.

Both are a great source of information regarding how an NHL teams would do their scouting. I'm not an expert to say the NHL are doing it that way but I do believe it could be close of something like this. (with probably more depth of course)

Scooter2

Feb 2, 2004
Csb

What is the point of having all these scouting services as the CSB is based on direct feedback from the NHL teams, which would make it the most accurate list....

liveviewings

May 20, 2004
Scooter2 said:
What is the point of having all these scouting services as the CSB is based on direct feedback from the NHL teams, which would make it the most accurate list....

Actually it is not based on direct feedback at all. Not sure where you heard that.
It will be interesting to see how ISS progresses or doesn't based on the fact that they gave away their service for free to a lot of sources as a trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad