Scott Niedermayer's Knee Worse

Status
Not open for further replies.

shawn_kemp*

finally every team has an excuse in case of a loss :

Nieds and Jovo didn't play for Canada
Naslund didn't play for Sweden
Berg didn't play for Finland :sarcasm: ... of course I meant Kiprusoff and Lehtonen
Fedorov and Khabibulin didn't play for Russia
Palffy didn't play for Slovakia
Elias and Havlat didn't play for the Czechs
Chelios is too old :sarcasm: ... or Ryan Miller didn't play for the USA

:D

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I say it'll be a good idea to get the knee fixed, I don't give a damn about team Canada, just want him to be 100% for my Ducks.

Wetcoaster

shawn_kemp said:
finally every team has an excuse in case of a loss :

Nieds and Jovo didn't play for Canada
Naslund didn't play for Sweden
Berg didn't play for Finland :sarcasm: ... of course I meant Kiprusoff and Lehtonen
Fedorov and Khabibulin didn't play for Russia
Palffy didn't play for Slovakia
Elias and Havlat didn't play for the Czechs
Chelios is too old :sarcasm: ... or Ryan Miller didn't play for the USA

:D
What about Switzerland, Italy and Germany???

No excuses so they should go into the medal round, correct? :eek:

shawn_kemp*

Wetcoaster said:

:biglaugh:

Italy will win the gold medal! :bow:

Nihilism

May 2, 2003
Canada
This makes the Olympics more competitve. Now Canada will only win by 5 goals every game, not 7.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Nihilism said:
This makes the Olympics more competitve. Now Canada will only win by 5 goals every game, not 7.

With those human turnover machines Blake and McCabe back there, you better count on scoring 12 goals a game.

MAF

Feb 22, 2005
Wetcoaster said:

No, Michael Hackert (signed by the Red Wings this summer, played in AHL, but returned to Germany) broke his jaw ... Jesus, we do have an excuse if we do finish last ;-).

thenextone

Mar 19, 2005
New York City
The geniuses on Hockey Central failed to note that the MRI showed more swelling, but the important thing is whether doctors feel he will be doing more damage by playing on it. So far the understanding is no.

Niedermayer is gonna take all of those into account in deciding what to do. I still have a feeling he will go.

If he doesn't, its a big loss but at the same time, Canada lost a lot of big D for the World cup and still won. Although the big ice will need a Niedermayer more than ever, I wouldnt mind Boumeester getting the call (with McCabe riding the pine obviously)

Canuck21t

Feb 4, 2004
Montreal, QC
thenextone said:
The geniuses on Hockey Central failed to note that the MRI showed more swelling, but the important thing is whether doctors feel he will be doing more damage by playing on it. So far the understanding is no.

Niedermayer is gonna take all of those into account in deciding what to do. I still have a feeling he will go.

If he doesn't, its a big loss but at the same time, Canada lost a lot of big D for the World cup and still won. Although the big ice will need a Niedermayer more than ever, I wouldnt mind Boumeester getting the call (with McCabe riding the pine obviously)
Yep, Bouwmeester has been amazing on the big ice surface and should get the call if Nieds can't go.

David

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Canuck21t said:
Yep, Bouwmeester has been amazing on the big ice surface and should get the call if Nieds can't go.

I second the Jay Bouwmeester nod.

He's been quietly getting better and better as the season progressed and now he's starting to put up the points as well. Two more tonight and a +1.

He was arguably the 2nd best Dman for Canada at the World Cup last year ahead of guys like Redden and Jovo. And on the big ice surface, he would be my first choice from among the replacements hands down!!!

Jazz

David said:
I second the Jay Bouwmeester nod.

He's been quietly getting better and better as the season progressed and now he's starting to put up the points as well. Two more tonight and a +1.

He was arguably the 2nd best Dman for Canada at the World Cup last year ahead of guys like Redden and Jovo. And on the big ice surface, he would be my first choice from among the replacements hands down!!!
Bouwmeester was voted best defensemen at the 2004 IHWC.

thenextone

Mar 19, 2005
New York City
David said:

Jovo got injured in exhibition and didn't play a meaningful game. I think its the reason Canada won

Quinn had a Brewer-Jovo pairing which was gaurenteed for one goal against every game

espo*

Does'nt look good really.

And of course they have to have had this set in stone taxi squad thing so McCabe get's on.They better make this next fill in the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad