Scott Niedermayer Olympic status in doubt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art Vandelay

Jan 14, 2004
Stockholm
www.eliteprospects.com
Scott Niedermayer, one of Team Canada's top defencemen, might be forced to miss the Olympic Games due to a lingering knee injury.

Niedermayer has a small tear in some cartilage in his right knee. He suffered the injury in December and has been playing through the pain ever since. Now, however, he needs to decide whether to continue playing through the injury, or to use the Olympic break as an opportunity to have the knee scoped.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=152407&hubname=nhl

joe_shannon_1983*

This is not good. He is being counted on huge for the Olympic Team.

Why is it just defensemen that are dropping like flies for Canada? Why can't it be forwards?

Canada has much more depth at forward right now than they do at defense. Thus they could use these injuries to their forwards, not to their defensemen.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Boohoo...Canada can replace him with another stud. Sorry, I don't feel bad for you guys. You're entire team can get and you can replace them with a squad that could still win gold.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Phaneuf should replace Jovo if he (hopefully can't go).

McCabe, not sure of his injury.

For Niedermayer, who is a smooth skating defenseman who can replace his role...

Dan Boyle?

espo*

jtuzzi said:
Phaneuf should replace Jovo if he (hopefully can't go).

McCabe, not sure of his injury.

For Niedermayer, who is a smooth skating defenseman who can replace his role...

Dan Boyle?
Yep,Boyle for me.If Jo-vo goes then you bring if Dion.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
I don't like the defensive situation at all going in. I think that Scott Neidermeyer is a defensive liability and has been our worst defenseman at all of the Team Canada events he's been a part of, but he's still a champion and winning seems to follow him around.

I like Phaneuf, but he hasn't proved anything yet, look for Bouwmeister to step up, he was good at the World Cup, and aside from Brewer he was our #1 man in both World Championship victories.

espo*

therealdeal said:
I don't like the defensive situation at all going in. I think that Scott Neidermeyer is a defensive liability and has been our worst defenseman at all of the Team Canada events he's been a part of, but he's still a champion and winning seems to follow him around.

I like Phaneuf, but he hasn't proved anything yet, look for Bouwmeister to step up, he was good at the World Cup, and aside from Brewer he was our #1 man in both World Championship victories.
:eek: He was great in Salt Lake realdeal.Losing him hurts man.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
cyclops said:
:eek: He was great in Salt Lake realdeal.Losing him hurts man.

K, I'll agree with you there, he was good in Salt Lake, but he wasn't good at the World Cup, and he was definetly bad in the World Championships, however we still won both times.

I think he brings an intangible to the dressing room, he's all class and he's a winner, so even if he's not great on the ice I still want him there.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
PepNCheese said:
Uhh....ok?
I do not know what to make of this either.I know Nieds had a few not so great moments at the World Cup but he was far from bad. He is not at all a defensive liability. You talk about him like he's Aki Berg.

therealdeal

Apr 22, 2005
SwisshockeyAcademy said:
I do not know what to make of this either.I know Nieds had a few not so great moments at the World Cup but he was far from bad. He is not at all a defensive liability. You talk about him like he's Aki Berg.

Obviously he's not that bad, but he's made some bad errors that have cost us a few goals on the defensive end.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad