News Article: Scott Nichol promoted to Assistant GM

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
Nashville Predators Scott Nichol assistant general manager - TSN.ca

Another dropped ball by the local media. I stumbled upon this on tsn looking for transactions.

I know we have had this discussion before but it would be nice to think both Kealty and Nichol would be ahead of Brian Poile on the pecking order of potential future GMs

Oh look, ANOTHER ex-Pred in management....101st I need something to "celebrate" another sign I am getting older. Everclear by the gallon?

Kebs

Def not just a zombie tiger typing
Aug 21, 2009
Nashville, TN
Nashville Predators Scott Nichol assistant general manager - TSN.ca

Another dropped ball by the local media. I stumbled upon this on tsn looking for transactions.

I know we have had this discussion before but it would be nice to think both Kealty and Nichol would be ahead of Brian Poile on the pecking order of potential future GMs

I'm still not holding my breath when that day comes. I think if Poile retires then Brian "Box of Rocks" will take over because they will continue the legacy. If Poile is canned, we have a good chance of seeing another name in charge (even a person from outside the Org.).

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I'm still not holding my breath when that day comes. I think if Poile retires then Brian "Box of Rocks" will take over because they will continue the legacy. If Poile is canned, we have a good chance of seeing another name in charge (even a person from outside the Org.).
This is never going to be a possibility. At most he accepts a "promotion" to a VP/President/other permanent honorary role, and likely still has a large part in selecting his successor.

Reactions: Kebs

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Well deserved for his work in restocking and making the Admirals a winning franchise yet again and doing so in a way that puts them in a position to provide quality NHL depth when injuries strike in the big leagues.

Internally, I think Nichol is our best candidate to replace Poile, but as has been mentioned, he will need to leapfrog the other Poile to get there.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Well deserved for his work in restocking and making the Admirals a winning franchise yet again and doing so in a way that puts them in a position to provide quality NHL depth when injuries strike in the big leagues.

Internally, I think Nichol is our best candidate to replace Poile, but as has been mentioned, he will need to leapfrog the other Poile to get there.
Really makes you wonder if his ascension through the ranks of player development to GM in Milwaukee and now Assistant GM for the big club is the driving force behind us seeing better developed forward prospects. I know it isn't THAT simple but one person's hard work, dedication and leadership can go a long way to tie an organization together.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Really makes you wonder if his ascension through the ranks of player development to GM in Milwaukee and now Assistant GM for the big club is the driving force behind us seeing better developed forward prospects. I know it isn't THAT simple but one person's hard work, dedication and leadership can go a long way to tie an organization together.
Based on our signings of both Colin Blackwell and Sean Malone who were lingering in the AHL for Buffalo and playing in Rochester, NY where Nichol was living at the time, I think his handprints are all over the Admirals and believe in his evaluation skills.

There were many stories coming out before Nichol moved into the front office of him working one on one with our forward prospects and their impressions of his development technique.

They now have two guys spanning the globe to work with the prospects and Nichol oversees their work.

Jul 12, 2007
Whoda thunk a lunatic sucker punching cross checking wild man with Napoleon complex ….. would become such a successful ‘suit’ ?

Next up - Tootoo for team chaplain and hurt-feels-mediator.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
Whoda thunk a lunatic sucker punching cross checking wild man with Napoleon complex ….. would become such a successful ‘suit’ ?

Next up - Tootoo for team chaplain and hurt-feels-mediator.

You had to see this coming when he was spearing guys in the nuts!

Seriously, congrats to Nichol, it would be incredible to see a former player ascend to the top of the organization.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee

Nichol's tenure with Milwaukee parallels that of Karl Taylor being the HC. The team got better after Dean Evason was gone. They went from winning percentage of 0.539 to 0.579 and 0.714.

The offense definitely improved from Year Zero to years One and Two. So did the defense.

Milwaukee Admirals hockey team [AHL] statistics and history at hockeydb.com

Reactions: Seth Lake

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad