Recalled/Assigned: Schueneman Sent Down to Laval (maybe related to Edmundson' return?)

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Showcase Edmunston for a trade. We over stacked on left side and many teams looking for D

Their not going to showcase Eddy for a trade. He might be traded but when he starts playing, they are not playing him to trade him. They are playing him cause they need his experience. Edmundson can play both sides and he's going to solidify a RD spot... which we need during rebuild years.

No need to showcase a vet like Eddy. Most who know the game well know what kind of player he is.

If Eddy is traded this season or before his contract expires, they are going to get a good return.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Their not going to showcase Eddy for a trade. He might be traded but when he starts playing, they are not playing him to trade him. They are playing him cause they need his experience. Edmundson can play both sides and he's going to solidify a RD spot... which we need during rebuild years.

No need to showcase a vet like Eddy. Most who know the game well know what kind of player he is.

If Eddy is traded this season or before his contract expires, they are going to get a good return.
Exactly
You can't trade veterans like this. Our young D need help.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Just to specify, Beaudin will join Laval and not be called up to Montreal:

One other thing I didn't think of regarding Schueneman is that he's on a two-way deal, so him being sent down to Laval is cap related. So it could easily be a paper transaction and that he's still with Montreal and will be called up.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Just to specify, Beaudin will join Laval and not be called up to Montreal:

One other thing I didn't think of regarding Schueneman is that he's on a two-way deal, so him being sent down to Laval is cap related. So it could easily be a paper transaction and that he's still with Montreal and will be called up.

Especially with a 4 game road trip coming up there's no way we're going with only 6D. Either Eddy is close & is playing on this trip, or it's a temporary cap move.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Especially with a 4 game road trip coming up there's no way we're going with only 6D. Either Eddy is close & is playing on this trip, or it's a temporary cap move.

Schueneman will play in Laval tonight. But it doesn't mean he won't be called back up tomorrow and this is a way to not only save on the daily cap hit and salaries, but it also gives Schuemenan a chance to get a game in as he has yet to play a single game in both Laval and Montreal.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Schueneman will play in Laval tonight. But it doesn't mean he won't be called back up tomorrow and this is a way to not only save on the daily cap hit and salaries, but it also gives Schuemenan a chance to get a game in as he has yet to play a single game in both Laval and Montreal.

Yeah, might as well. Guy needs to play & Laval needs help on D.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Until we have Edmundson in a contact jersey, I will assume his return isn't that close.

Reactions: ArtPeur

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Justin Barron in a post game interview last night said how easy it was to play with Joel Edmundson.

Can Edmundson be a mentor going forward? Do we need Savard if teams offer a 1st plus for him?

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
Justin Barron in a post game interview last night said how easy it was to play with Joel Edmundson.

Can Edmundson be a mentor going forward? Do we need Savard if teams offer a 1st plus for him?
Savard is better, more durable. Edmundson is gone in the off-season or at the next trade deadline.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Savard is better, more durable. Edmundson is gone in the off-season or at the next trade deadline.
And Savard is a right shot... but does Edmundson have any value?

Savard will be done in the NHL very soon. And, we already have 5 rookies (Guhle, Barron, Xhekaj, Harris, Kovacevic) that need ice time. We won't have room for 2 vets (Matheson and Savard or Edmundson) for much longer. Mailloux may be ready soon too - if not next season, then the season after.

May be better to move the player with good value than the player with no value.

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
They have too many defenceman for next year.

Matheson-Barron
Ghule-Savard
Edmundston-Kovacevic
Xhekaj-Harris

Wideman(AHL probably)

Reactions: 26Mats

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
They have too many defenceman for next year.

Matheson-Barron
Ghule-Savard
Edmundston-Kovacevic
Xhekaj-Harris

Wideman(AHL probably)
Kovacevic could be 7th dman
Edmundston will be traded imo. Nice contract at 50%. And there is always injury

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
And Savard is a right shot... but does Edmundson have any value?

Savard will be done in the NHL very soon. And, we already have 5 rookies (Guhle, Barron, Xhekaj, Harris, Kovacevic) that need ice time. We won't have room for 2 vets (Matheson and Savard or Edmundson) for much longer. Mailloux may be ready soon too - if not next season, then the season after.

May be better to move the player with good value than the player with no value.
I dunno, I can see Savard lasting a long time in the NHL, not Chara long but long. Edmundson's back is almost finished, but he might have some value at the deadline if hes healthy. Personally I would keep Matheson and Savard as veterans.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I dunno, I can see Savard lasting a long time in the NHL, not Chara long but long. Edmundson's back is almost finished, but he might have some value at the deadline if hes healthy. Personally I would keep Matheson and Savard as veterans.

I think Hughes wants to keep Matheson and Savard too.

But we'll see what Edmundson does the rest of the year and what his trade value is. Hughes doesn't like to take get bad value in a trade, but I don't think we can go into next year with all of the following 8 dmen. Not fair to have 2 of them sitting for long stretches:

Guhle Savard
Matheson Barron
Edmundson Xhekaj
Harris Kovacevic

Reactions: Tetragrammaton

Tetragrammaton

Mar 17, 2022
I think Hughes wants to keep Matheson and Savard too.

But we'll see what Edmundson does the rest of the year and what his trade value is. Hughes doesn't like to take get bad value in a trade, but I don't think we can go into next year with all of the following 8 dmen. Not fair to have 2 of them sitting for long stretches:

Guhle Savard
Matheson Barron
Edmundson Xhekaj
Harris Kovacevic
In the off-season i would trade Edmundson for what ever, and also Harris in a package for Dubois. Problem solved.

Guhle - Savard
Matheson - Barron
Xhekaj - Kovacevic

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad