Schremp

Status
Not open for further replies.

VanW27

Jun 9, 2003
Canada
High risk, high Reward. Could be a first line talent, might be a bust. As of right now he is making high reward the more likely result but bust is still a strong possibility.

Hewge

Jan 20, 2006
shremp is unreal i have watched him play lots he has unreal hands but he needs to improve his skating....alot to make an impact in the big league. I think that that is the hardest thing to do in hockey

Zach and Slater

Jan 17, 2004
Alberta
Robbie Shremp reminds me a lot of a prototypical number 1 WR in the NFL(ie Chad Johnson, Terrel Owens, Steve Smith). Unreal talent, unreal desire to be the best, unreal work ethic. However, we all know the flip side to them is that when things aren't going well they can be VERY REAL cancers in there dressing rooms......we'll have to wait and see.

MomentsofSanity

Sep 20, 2005
London, ON
Showtime said:
Robbie Shremp reminds me a lot of a prototypical number 1 WR in the NFL(ie Chad Johnson, Terrel Owens, Steve Smith). Unreal talent, unreal desire to be the best, unreal work ethic. However, we all know the flip side to them is that when things aren't going well they can be VERY REAL cancers in there dressing rooms......we'll have to wait and see.

I think you would find it VERY hard to find anyone in the Knight's dressing room who would characterize Schremp as a cancer or anything short of the heart of that team...

Will say this though, I have never seen and cannot recall a 25th overall pick who has generated as much buzz, debate and polarization as Schremp has.

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Definitely a role of the dice. The next Pat Peake? Another Marc Habscheid? Maybe a future AHL star good enough to shoot the lights out but not liked enough by any NHL coach to get a real shot?
But his upside is more like Marc Savard. The weaknesses people were talking about a year ago, his strength rather than his skating, don't seem to be a big deal in the new NHL. I don't think he is a can't miss by any means but he is a potential top ten scorer. I am looking forward to seeing him on the Oilers next year.

Zach and Slater

Jan 17, 2004
Alberta
MomentsofSanity said:
I think you would find it VERY hard to find anyone in the Knight's dressing room who would characterize Schremp as a cancer or anything short of the heart of that team...

Will say this though, I have never seen and cannot recall a 25th overall pick who has generated as much buzz, debate and polarization as Schremp has.

That's good! I usually only post on the Oilers board here, and I'm a HUGE Robbie Shremp guy. At the same time, he does seem to be a player that COULD be cancerous when things start to go wrong(hence the WR reference). The game 6 benching a couple years ago, when things started to go bad for the U.S at the World's he didn't step up(neither did anyone else though). I just mean that SOME signs are there, but I see Shremp being a guy that should fit in as long as the team takes some of the things he does with a grain of salt "Robbie, being Robbie" attitude, which hockey players usually do(ie JR).

DLMDLM

Aug 24, 2004
London Ontario
Showtime said:
That's good! I usually only post on the Oilers board here, and I'm a HUGE Robbie Shremp guy. At the same time, he does seem to be a player that COULD be cancerous when things start to go wrong(hence the WR reference). The game 6 benching a couple years ago, when things started to go bad for the U.S at the World's he didn't step up(neither did anyone else though). I just mean that SOME signs are there, but I see Shremp being a guy that should fit in as long as the team takes some of the things he does with a grain of salt "Robbie, being Robbie" attitude, which hockey players usually do(ie JR).

Well said ! :clap:

Pepper

Aug 30, 2004
Smallish offensive-only forward with questionable attitude & average skating.

Will he become the next Peter Sarno/Simon Gamanche or a real NHLer?

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Pepper said:
Smallish offensive-only forward with questionable attitude & average skating.

Will he become the next Peter Sarno/Simon Gamanche or a real NHLer?
Skating has improved and if you Google Schremp's defensive play, it has improved by all accounts.

The attitude on the other hand...well, I am not going to dismiss it.
Getting misconducts for drinking out of opposing goalie's water bottles isn't exactly what NHL Stars are made of...(Well, unless you are Sean Avery.)

Hopefully he matures.

DLMDLM

Aug 24, 2004
London Ontario
I don't think he has an attitude problem any more then say a Roenick or any other out spoken NHL player. Even if he has a problem it won't make any difference if he's scoring goals. Look at Hexstall.. .... that guy had an attitude problem! and he had a pretty sucessful career regardless.

Who cares one way or another if he is a dink.... he's a sniper and will score some beauty goals.... tough to have a problem as a teamate with a guy that scores all of your power play goals... smile

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
slats432 said:
Skating has improved and if you Google Schremp's defensive play, it has improved by all accounts.

The attitude on the other hand...well, I am not going to dismiss it.
Getting misconducts for drinking out of opposing goalie's water bottles isn't exactly what NHL Stars are made of...(Well, unless you are Sean Avery.)

Hopefully he matures.

Did he do that? :D

pucks1

Apr 23, 2004
yes, and if anyone has the video .. i got $$$$$$$$. I need to see this! lmao

badrobot101

Jan 16, 2006
Toronto
One thing I can mention about Schremp is that he apparently was "out of shape" at the draft combine in 04, and refused to take off his shirt while going through the workouts - maybe because he felt fat?

To me, this suggests that conditioning might be a problem with him - especially since the combine is only a month or two after the end of the OHL season. Add this to the attitude thing, and I wonder if that might negate his otherwise excellent hockey skills.

RUSqueelin*

Nov 2, 2005
badrobot101 said:
One thing I can mention about Schremp is that he apparently was "out of shape" at the draft combine in 04, and refused to take off his shirt while going through the workouts - maybe because he felt fat?

To me, this suggests that conditioning might be a problem with him - especially since the combine is only a month or two after the end of the OHL season. Add this to the attitude thing, and I wonder if that might negate his otherwise excellent hockey skills.

out of shape? The kid has been playing some 4 minute shifts.

Habs33

Sep 4, 2003
Visit site
not all players can have the maturity of a 25 yr old at 18 yrs. also don't mistake his attitude with plain old cockyness...he's still a kid adn last time i checked ALL the dominant players in their respective sports are confident and dowmright cocky since they need to be when everyone is gunning for you.

wayne gretzky was like this at 18-21. jordan (even at 30)
patrick roy....just asl smolinski...
these guys are winners...and they all hav something in common....they needed to stay confident through cockyness..not arrogance...schremp is not arrogant just cocky.

now i am not at all comparing him to patrick, wayn e or mike...but he does have the signs of a true star...let's hope he has a good mentor like the other 3 and that he matures when its time too...fo now let him be the kid he needs to be.

coppernblue

Apr 5, 2005
Habs33 said:
not all players can have the maturity of a 25 yr old at 18 yrs. also don't mistake his attitude with plain old cockyness...he's still a kid adn last time i checked ALL the dominant players in their respective sports are confident and dowmright cocky since they need to be when everyone is gunning for you.

wayne gretzky was like this at 18-21. jordan (even at 30)
patrick roy....just asl smolinski...
these guys are winners...and they all hav something in common....they needed to stay confident through cockyness..not arrogance...schremp is not arrogant just cocky.

now i am not at all comparing him to patrick, wayn e or mike...but he does have the signs of a true star...let's hope he has a good mentor like the other 3 and that he matures when its time too...fo now let him be the kid he needs to be.

despite the typing
:clap:

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
RUSqueelin said:
out of shape? The kid has been playing some 4 minute shifts.

Hey Rus! Good to see ya!

My only problem with Schremp is his child-like behaviour when he loses and the idiotic statements he makes to the media.

His talent is surreal, his skating is excellent and is not a defensive liability.

That's all I gotta say...

Except that he needs to stop spearing fans. ;)

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
trippyime said:
Hey Rus! Good to see ya!

My only problem with Schremp is his child-like behaviour when he loses and the idiotic statements he makes to the media.

His talent is surreal, his skating is excellent and is not a defensive liability.

That's all I gotta say...

Except that he needs to stop spearing fans. ;)

Excellent no, adequate yes, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->