Schremp Vs. Ladd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qubax

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
If this was a poll. Then it would be one of those polls that has 38 votes for Schremp and 6 votes for Ladd

and no disrespect to Ladd....but yeah Schremp all the way

Offensively so far ahead of most prospects. Top 3 material on skill....Top 10 on package....so he'll probably go like th or 8th or 9th or something

but yeah Ladd a first rounder, not bad by any means....

but Schremp is someone to write home about, Ladd is a guy that you hope becomes a scorer and not Ethan Moreau...

leafaholix*

Rob Schremp is so talented offensively.

So, so, so talented.

icarus

Mar 6, 2002
Kingston, ON
Visit site
The only reason to take Ladd over Schremp would be if you have serious concerns about Schremp's character or your prospect base desperately lacks grit. Otherwise, Schremp's talent alone should be enough to make you choose him first.

leafaholix*

I agree.

But you'd really have to know him personally to say if he's got a character problem or not. If it's true, then I'd much rather take on a guy that doesn't have that problem... offensive ability alone isn't enough to get you drafted that high. Other things are also a factor.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
icarus said:
The only reason to take Ladd over Schremp would be if you have serious concerns about Schremp's character or your prospect base desperately lacks grit. Otherwise, Schremp's talent alone should be enough to make you choose him first.

I think one key factor here is Schremp has been working his whole life to get to the NHL. Everything he has done is with that goal in mind. I just can't see him doing anything to jeopardize that.

X-SHARKIE

I have a friend who personally talks with Schremp over AIM. Robbie seems like a very nice guy, in fact he sent my friend a autographed game worn jersey of his.
Schremp doesn't seem like a headcase.....I think demanding a trade put a thought inot peoples heads that he must be crazy. He has even said his agent is the one who pushed for it the most.

Schremp over Ladd.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
X-SHARKIE said:
I have a friend who personally talks with Schremp over AIM. Robbie seems like a very nice guy, in fact he sent my friend a autographed game worn jersey of his.
Schremp doesn't seem like a headcase.....I think demanding a trade put a thought inot peoples heads that he must be crazy. He has even said his agent is the one who pushed for it the most.

Schremp over Ladd.

If anything, the move to London has humbled Schremp and made him a more complete player. To add that to his skill set can only improve his draft position IMO, especially if the Knights have a great OHL playoffs.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
Rabid Ranger said:
If anything, the move to London has humbled Schremp and made him a more complete player. To add that to his skill set can only improve his draft position IMO, especially if the Knights have a great OHL playoffs.

future headline if all this talk comes true:

June 28, 2004
Man in New York kills himself after Rob Schremp is drafted by the New York Rangers!

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
I'll take Ladd.

Schremp is either gonna make an NHL impact or he's gonna be Dan Cleary.

IMO what Ladd lacks in straight out talent he makes up for in intangibles.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Edge said:
I'll take Ladd.

Schremp is either gonna make an NHL impact or he's gonna be Dan Cleary.

IMO what Ladd lacks in straight out talent he makes up for in intangibles.

What intangibles are those? Character? Work ethic? Leadership? Willingness to mow his grandmother's lawn? Since when has Schremp become the anti-Christ, or worse, Dan Cleary?

West

Mar 7, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
I'd take Ladd myself. I'd say that skating is even between them, Ladd gets the definite edge in size and physical play. Ladd has shown all year that he has the ability to put up point even when Getzlaf(sp) was out of the line-up so I'd say that the difference in offensive potential is alot less than most people would make you think. Also Ladd is a noticably better positional player. Throw in the fact that it's Ladd's first year in the league and I'd say he's the guy that you have to pick.

Edge

Kris King's Ghost
Mar 1, 2002
Amish Paradise
Rabid Ranger said:
What intangibles are those? Character? Work ethic? Leadership? Willingness to mow his grandmother's lawn? Since when has Schremp become the anti-Christ, or worse, Dan Cleary?

Whoa whoa whoa calm down cowboy, who said anything about Schremp's character, work ethic or anything like that? Lol, All I said was I like Ladd better. Here's a brief reason why and you'll notice it's not a slam on Schremp so much as a personal opinion.

I think Ladd does something that is seriously lacking in this years prospects, he goes to the net. I haven't seen one kid in this draft take a beating like Ladd has. I mean we all know how much of a jerk Phaneuf is in front of his net and through the season Ladd kept going right back to that net.

I was impressed with his defensive awareness, especially as a rookie. I was impressed with his ability to put the hitmen on his back when Getzlaf has been gone, and when they lost Segal.

I don't per say have anything against Schremp other then I can see him being hit or miss. I could see him turning into a solid top 6 NHL forward or I can see him just barely hanging on like Dan Cleary. The comparison comes in the sense that both have a ton of talent and exploded onto the scene as OHL Rookies only to plateau as sophmore's.

For what it's worth I like Ladd's size, awareness, and his willingness to work for his points and pay a price, something I honestly see missing in A LOT of this years kids and not just Schremp.

I'm the first to admit that there are guys with higher skill levels than Ladd, to say otherwise would be a mistake. I just think Ladd has a game that could potentially translate very nicely into the pro game. For me I think Ladd brings other things to the table that make up for him not having the skills of some of the other top talent. Though I also must admit I don't think Ladd is getting a fair shake on his talent either. He kept getting better as the year went on and his numbers were pretty dang good for a guy who "isn't on the level" of some of the other players. 30 goals, 75 points, 119 pim {a lot of em roughing and penalties he got while going to the net}.

Again for me it comes down to preference and I honestly like what Ladd brings to the table. Ladd impressed me, Schremp left me wanting to see more out of him.

Nothing to do with character issues or mind games. I just believe Ladd is going to be a very solid NHL player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad