Schremp traded to London

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
And the luckiest guy in the OHL is officially Scott Sheppard!

Last year his linemates were Locke and Foy, and this year it looks like he will probably be on a line with Cory Perry(1st round pick of Anaheim) and Robbie Shremp(potential top 10 pick in 2004 draft)

BTW- Red Wings draft choice Kyle Quincey(4th round, 2003) is going the other way in this trade.

Quote:
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
Damn, Schremp is a center, that means Khomutov may be moved to third line or lw on one of the top two lines.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Probably not, Khomutov has played with London's other import player(Karaga) and I doubt they will break up that combination.....instead I think it will be Dylan Hunter falling to the third line.
My guess is the top two lines will look like this:
Sheppard / Schremp / Perry
Karaga / Khomutov / Bois

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
JasonMacIsaac said:
Damn, Schremp is a center, that means Khomutov may be moved to third line or lw on one of the top two lines.

Probably not, Khomutov has played with London's other import player and I doubt they will break up that combination.....instead I think it will be Dylan Hunter falling to the third line.
Karaga / Khomutov / Bois

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Boomhower said:
Probably not, Khomutov has played with London's other import player and I doubt they will break up that combination.....instead I think it will be Dylan Hunter falling to the third line.
Karaga / Khomutov / Bois

Hunter has been London's best player so far this year, I think it would be hard for them to move him down to a lesser role.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
Brock said:
Hunter has been London's best player so far this year, I think it would be hard for them to move him down to a lesser role.

IMO, Perry has been their best player. But you're right Dylan's role won't deminish, because he will still play both special teams and if he ends up on a "3rd line" with Dave Bolland(4 goals in 5 games) and Brandon Prust(5 points in 5 games) they will certainly get a regular shift.

TJF

Feb 27, 2002
London, ON
Visit site
Boomhower said:
IMO, Perry has been their best player. But you're right Dylan's role won't deminish, because he will still play both special teams and if he ends up on a "3rd line" with Dave Bolland(4 goals in 5 games) and Brandon Prust(5 points in 5 games) they will certainly get a regular shift.

Dylan Hunter's role also won't be deminished because his dad's the coach, that's kind of a problem in London, Dylan (son) and Logan (nephew) Hunter always get more playing time than they actually deserve but atleast this year their playing better.

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
Vadim Karaga has been London's best player so far.
Brock said:
So of the Seven, who would you put on the third line?

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
The NHL scout said it not only gives London a legitimate shot at the Memorial Cup tournament in Kelowna, B.C. in May, it also improves the Knights' bid to play host to the 2005 Memorial Cup.

Unfortunately, the Memorial Cup is sponsored by Molson and the Arena in London is named after Labatts, so I don't think the Knights will ever host the Memorial Cup, unless the two breweries get their act together. :rant:

balddog66

Feb 18, 2003
Visit site
should be very interesting home and away series Friday/Saturday between London and Owen Sound...will be emotional both nights as a moment of silence will start the game in London Friday and a tribute to Snyder in Owen Sound saturday.
Owen Sound hasn't been able to put it together quite yet, but are starting to get healthy...although I think Bobby Ryan is still suspended for these two games.

Douggy

Dec 22, 2002
London, Ontario
Visit site
Brock said:
The only thing is that because he is an overager and essentially playing for a contract, they may want to feal loyal to him and leave him on one of the top two lines.

I doubt he'll ever make the NHL. Read the reports of Thrashers training camp on HF. He was one of the few players the singled out as 'out of place' or 'one step behind.' I imagine he'll play for the U.W.O. Mustangs next year, like Stathopoulos and Hare are now. :( :) (Sad face because Stathopoulos didn't get signed by an NHL team, happy face because the Mustangs got him!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->