Schremp or Marc Antoine Pouliot???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Just wondering as an Oiler fan which of these players the prospect board sees as the better prospect. And who would you rather have on your team??? I didn't see a poll option, so if at all possible, please tell me who and why. Thanks, Bryan

Twist and Shout

Dec 30, 2003
Calgary, Alberta
Robbie Schremp - if he reaches his upside, he will be an elite 1st line centre. He was always a cut above the rest even as a kid, and just give him time, and he will be the centreman that the Oilers are lacking. He just has so many tools, and if he keeps using them, there's no stopping him.

Rather Gingerly 1*

Schremp has more skill but there is always question marks about him? Right now I would take Schremp

kingpest19

Sep 21, 2004
Rather Gingerly 1 said:
Schremp has more skill but there is always question marks about him? Right now I would take Schremp

It goes back to his requesting to be traded from mississaugua then having problems with the staff last year in london. Everything out of london this year has been nothing but positive on him, yet people tend to shy away from that and focus on the negative

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I guess we may get to see them go head to head twice, so we shall see!!! Too bad MAP has an injury, although with Rimouski's sweep, hopefully he'll have enough time to heal up close to 100%.

eddy

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
Pouiliot may be a safer bet to make the NHL but I'd take Schremp, he's a bit of a hit or miss prospect but his upside is so high i'd take the risk on him.

FlyersFan10*

moosefan said:
I don't think Schremp is as big of a problem as people make him out to be. The guy is super skilled and IMO is leaps and bounds ahead of Pouliot.

Agreed. Something about having natural talent over being the product of a good system just seems to be more appealing. As for the stories of being an attitude problem, well, I'd like to find where Dale Hunter said that Schremp is an attitude problem. So far, he's been everything you want in a teammate and he's worked hard at improving his overall game. Schremp I think will be just fine.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
eddy said:
Pouiliot may be a safer bet to make the NHL but I'd take Schremp, he's a bit of a hit or miss prospect but his upside is so high i'd take the risk on him.

I somewhat disagree. Pouiliot is just as hit or miss.

Boilers*

Legionnaire said:
I somewhat disagree. Pouiliot is just as hit or miss.

I disagree I say Pouliot way too talented not to be in the NHL at some point in the near future (one year,say) he has the speed, the ability to make and receive fast passes (as pointed out by LT on another thread), and reads plays equaly as fast. He isn't a defensive liability in any way and is currently playing with an NHL ready star, and his points aren't as dependant on PP time. Schremp is playing on the same line as an AHL ready star,and depends on PP time,his 5x5 time needs work.
I figure Pouliot is ready in one year but Schremp might be ready in two. If the Oil are truly desperate for that PP QB then he might get thrown into the mix a little earlier , but save for a couple cups of coffee to get him inspired, I doubt it.

Who's better? I don't know about better overall but Schremp has that jump-out-of -your-seat, I can't-believe-that-move quality that keeps me watching every second and then has to watch the after show hi-lights just so I can relive it in slo-mo appeal. Pouliot is more solid like Smyth, great moves, more points,but gets overshadowed by flashier players. Only too fitting that they should hopefully be team mates someday. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Bloodsport said:
Only too fitting that they should hopefully be team mates someday. :D

And possibly even linemates if RS is converted to a winger if he can't hack playing Center at the NHL level.

montreal25m

Jun 5, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
LOL>>>>

The Macho Man said:
From a skill standpoint, Schremp's cieling is Joe Sakic. Pouliot is many cuts below. Schremp hands down.

Come on now...Schremp can't skate!!!! Have you seen Sakic skate? Well I know that is a harsh statement, but he is an avg. skater at best. To me Pouillot will be a very dependable two way player who will put up 40-50 pts a game. He will be your John Madden, the unsung hero type of player for the oilers. I believe Schremp is one of the most overrated prospects...

jojo

Oct 7, 2003
Visit site
montreal25m said:
To me Pouillot will be a very dependable two way player who will put up 40-50 pts a game.

40-50 pts a game! Wow, and all this time we thought Crosby was the next one. :propeller

NewHabsEra*

Pouliot is a miss or hit prospect... Should be given a "C" rating to be fair with HF criterias. 7 or 7.5 C is about the prospect he is... There were alot better prospects over him in the 2003 draft... Cant believe Oilers passed on Parise! :shakehead

FlyersFan10*

montreal25m said:
Come on now...Schremp can't skate!!!! Have you seen Sakic skate? Well I know that is a harsh statement, but he is an avg. skater at best. To me Pouillot will be a very dependable two way player who will put up 40-50 pts a game. He will be your John Madden, the unsung hero type of player for the oilers. I believe Schremp is one of the most overrated prospects...

Ok, I hear all this crap about Schremp not being able to skate, yet every OHL playoff game I've watched and he looks like he can skate with no troubles at all. No, he isn't a blazer, but he seems to be playing just fine. You're confusing speed with ability and his skating ability is fine. You can say the same thing about Jason Spezza. He isn't a blazer, but he can skate just fine.

Wolfpack

Jul 9, 2004
The Oilers for years have been criticised (and many times deservedly so) for drafting/acquiring players that were lightening fast skaters but had hands of stone. So now they take a skilled kid with undeniable goal-scoring ability and the Oil get trashed by people claiming he can't skate.

Boy, talk about a tough crowd. :(

Schremp's ceiling is a 1st line centre.
Pouliot's is as a 2nd line centre, but he appears to be a more complete player.

Flip a coin.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Wolfpack said:
The Oilers for years have been criticised (and many times deservedly so) for drafting/acquiring players that were lightening fast skaters but had hands of stone. So now they take a skilled kid with undeniable goal-scoring ability and the Oil get trashed by people claiming he can't skate.

Boy, talk about a tough crowd. :(

Schremp's ceiling is a 1st line centre.
Pouliot's is as a 2nd line centre, but he appears to be a more complete player.

Flip a coin.
This post goes straight into my personal HF Hall of Fame. Very well said.

Habsfan 32

Aug 18, 2004
Way up north...
I think Schremp as a higher cealing for sure and alot more natural talent. I don't really belive all the stuff about his attitude and all. He looks like a good kid. He may be a bit cocky but if he can back it up I see no problem.

Oiltalk

May 20, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
NewHabsArea said:
Pouliot is a miss or hit prospect... Should be given a "C" rating to be fair with HF criterias. 7 or 7.5 C is about the prospect he is... There were alot better prospects over him in the 2003 draft... Cant believe Oilers passed on Parise! :shakehead
I'm sure those players have higher ratings too. Giving Pouliot a "C" in reaching his potential, because many prospects are better is dumb logic at best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->