Schremp not chosen for U.S. WJC Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Douggy said:
So Schremp jumps from the Development team to the CHL 2 years ago and doesn't get named to the team, but Danny Richmond who jumped from NCAA to the CHL 3 months ago is forgiven and named to the team.

This is a joke, but I could careless. This just means that the Knights will still have one ofthe best players in the league when all of the other teams good players will be in Finland.

IMO this might actually improve Schremp's draft status. If he can light it up with some key guys on his own team and others in the OHL missing, he could put the spotlight on himself for the right reason for a change. In any event, I would love to hear the U.S. brass explain why they decided to (at least as of yet) leave Schremp off the roster.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
black listed as a 17 year old! this is bull****! i hope US finnishes in dead last....man i used to be a fan of USAHockey, LETS GO CANADA!

DR. Holiday

JNRhockeyGURU said:
black listed as a 17 year old! this is bull****! i hope US finnishes in dead last....man i used to be a fan of USAHockey, LETS GO CANADA!

lol

Hitman*

BOOOOO!

I wanted to see this guy play. Why is USA Hockey hindering the devellopment of their best and brightest prospect? This is stupid.

Maybe Canada should not name Jeff Tambellini to the team in retaliation :shakehead:

DR. Holiday

Hitman said:
BOOOOO!

I wanted to see this guy play. Why is USA Hockey hindering the devellopment of their best and brightest prospect? This is stupid.

Maybe Canada should not name Jeff Tambellini to the team in retaliation :shakehead:

Maybe they don't want him in the dressing room. That and maybe they are expecting players to be defensively responsible and know he won't be. Just some thoughts.

Bluenote13

Believe In Henke
Feb 28, 2002
BKLYN, NYC
Funkymoses said:
Right, because Canada's never left deserving players off their roster because they went to the NCAA *coughmikecomriecough*.

Can someone please post a link or the actual Roster for the US team...Thanks in advance....

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
What I want to know is where Slam/London Press got their info regarding updates to the preliminary roster from.

I'm a "contributing member" to USA Hockey and not only have I not received ANY notification about an update to Team USA's rosters, it's not even listed on anywhere on their website. I also checked out the IIHF site, and they don't have any listings either. This is all as of earlier today.

So my guess is that this is either a bogus story or Slam/London Press had some inside information.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
I'm a "contributing member" to USA Hockey "

just wondering oilers chick, what do you mean by that?

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
JNRhockeyGURU said:
I'm a "contributing member" to USA Hockey "

just wondering oilers chick, what do you mean by that?

Just that. I'm a contributing member, meaning I donate to USA Hockey, but I'm not a contributor in the player/coach/referee sense. Being a contributing (or supporting) member, I get their newsletter & magazine that notifies all members (contributing and otherwise) of items of note having anything to do with USA Hockey (from the kids leagues to the NHL) before it goes public.

DR. Holiday

Oilers Chick said:
What I want to know is where Slam/London Press got their info regarding updates to the preliminary roster from.

I'm a "contributing member" to USA Hockey and not only have I not received ANY notification about an update to Team USA's rosters, it's not even listed on anywhere on their website. I also checked out the IIHF site, and they don't have any listings either. This is all as of earlier today.

So my guess is that this is either a bogus story or Slam/London Press had some inside information.

The quotes from little robbie make me believe it is a true story.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
DR. Holiday said:

get off his back already! i've only been on this board a short while but of the 100's of posters i've seen, you are by far the most obnoxious and insulting! you really provide no insight to anything besides putting down rob for your own person vendetta Dr. Holiday (or should i say Kyle W.?)

anyways, just one cheap shot at the master of cheapshots!

(how long until Dr. Holiday replies with a nasty message about me being his relative or something with no hockey insight whatsoever...?)

DR. Holiday

JNRhockeyGURU said:
get off his back already! i've only been on this board a short while but of the 100's of posters i've seen, you are by far the most obnoxious and insulting! you really provide no insight to anything besides putting down rob for your own person vendetta Dr. Holiday (or should i say Kyle W.?)

anyways, just one cheap shot at the master of cheapshots!

(how long until Dr. Holiday replies with a nasty message about me being his relative or something with no hockey insight whatsoever...?)

The cult is upset!!!!!
I think him not getting invited to the usa team says tons. I guess they are kyle woodlief as well lol. Nope just didn't want a potential cancer in the room and a lazy defensive player on the ice.
The fact is the usa team is one of the favorites and don't need the distraction that is schremp and his following. He also cost them money when they paid his release and he played what 2 games for them.

Last edited by a moderator:

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
DR. Holiday said:
The cult is upset!!!!!
I think him not getting invited to the usa team says tons. I guess they are kyle woodlief as well lol. Nope just didn't want a potential cancer in the room and a lazy defensive player on the ice.
The fact is the usa team is one of the favorites and don't need the distraction that is schremp and his following. He also cost them money when they paid his release and he played what 2 games for them.

that almost had some well formed intelligent opinions in there, too bad you had to very predictably start it off with "the cult is upset"....so you continued your streak....i think your like 0 for 30 for posts i've read of yours with out an insult!

DR. Holiday

JNRhockeyGURU said:
that almost had some well formed intelligent opinions in there, too bad you had to very predictably start it off with "the cult is upset"....so you continued your streak....i think your like 0 for 30 for posts i've read of yours with out an insult!

how about this one
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa the leader is left off the team I hate my country ....jerks.... I cheer for canada now whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

PM me if you have anymore of your cry baby garbage or a message from the leader !!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
Well it's not essentially a done deal yet. For one this story hasn't been confirmed by USA hockey yet, from the looks of things. Two, their are still two spots left, being left open for the NHL players. Dan Fritsche is going to be made available, so that leaves one spot. Ryan Kesler is reported as saying that he wants to stay in Vancouver and he's playing very well, so I wouldn't hold my breath in his situation. Dustin Brown is a bit of a wildcard because he isn't playing a whole lot, but the Kings are going through a very rough spot with injuries and I'm not sure they can afford to release him.

But if Schremp does indeed get the shaft, I wouldn't be suprised since it's definitely not the first time this has happened with the US program. however I do believe that he could have a significant impact on the US team and it would be a serious error on their part to leave him off. IMO this is the US's best chance at the gold medal ever at the WJC's and adding IMO their best offensive weapon (IMO Schremp would be the most talented offensive player on the team, which says a lot about his skill level) would be great. Why isn't this about icing the best team? Why leave off a top offensive threat?

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
DR. Holiday said:

That's what I was thinking. I would have to assume that Schremp was told *something* that would elicit such a response. My question is, what exactly was Schremp told, and by whom? At first glance, it would seem Schremp was told he would have no place on the team what-so-ever, but given the fact the U.S. roster hasn't been released, there has been only rumors as to who is on it, and there will at the very least be two remaining roster spots open after the next wave is named, there might be more to this story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad