Schiefele Vs. Tavares

Who would you rather have on your team?

• Total voters

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Tavares is now doing better in this poll against Schiefele as a Maple Leaf than he was as an Islander. Hilarious that people still try to suggest there is some anti-Leafs bias.
Not including the Jets fans who voted for Schifele, there seems to be a lot of other votes for him from fans who hate the Leafs when I see some of their user names.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
You do realize that the $15.9 million is part of his bonus and has no effect on the Leafs salary cap.

John Tavares - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

You do realize JT will have to score twice as many points as Mark Scheifele since 15.9M or 11M which ever number you choose to come close to equal the value of Mark Scheifele at 6.1M in actual & cap salary. Or is this what you are afraid of? Because we know unless JT is second in points to McDavid next year, he will never realize his high cap hit next year or in any of the preceding 6 more years not unless you think a 85 pt center has not peaked.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
You do realize JT will have to score twice as many points as Mark Scheifele since 15.9M or 11M which ever number you choose to come close to equal the value of Mark Scheifele at 6.1M in actual & cap salary. Or is this what you are afraid of? Because we know unless JT is second in points to McDavid next year, he will never realize his high cap hit next year or in any of the preceding 6 more years not unless you think a 85 pt center has not peaked.
If Tavares had signed the exact same contract with San Jose or the Islanders with a 8th year added, you would be saying how great it was. The fact that he signed with the Leafs means he sucks and it's a horrible contract. Just admit that because we know about your Leafs bias ever since they hired Shanahan.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If Tavares had signed the exact same contract with San Jose or the Islanders with a 8th year added, you would be saying how great it was. The fact that he signed with the Leafs means he sucks and it's a horrible contract. Just admit that because we know about your Leafs bias ever since they hired Shanahan.

What does this logic have with what you posted and I replied to?

Tavares at 15.9 or 11M is making almost twice and over twice as Scheifele is. There is no way Tavares is going to produce enough to make him look better than Scheifele here. I will take the 25 year old center cap hit or not. He is the better player right now. Playoffs and when heathy.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
What does this logic have with what you posted and I replied to?

Tavares at 15.9 or 11M is making almost twice and over twice as Scheifele is. There is no way Tavares is going to produce enough to make him look better than Scheifele here. I will take the 25 year old center cap hit or not. He is the better player right now. Playoffs and when heathy.
When it was reported that the Islanders thought they were going to re-sign Tavares you were all for that. However now that he signed in Toronto instead you automatically think it's a horrible deal. Never mind that San Jose offered him 7 years at $91 million for a $13 million AAV, so he took less to sign in Toronto.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
When it was reported that the Islanders thought they were going to re-sign Tavares you were all for that. However now that he signed in Toronto instead you automatically think it's a horrible deal. Never mind that San Jose offered him 7 years at $91 million for a $13 million AAV, so he took less to sign in Toronto.

Simple question, though I doubt you will answer. See the OP.

Then ask yourself who do you prefer. A Player to Player comparison.

OP asks.

Who do you prefer for your team?

Tavares 11M x 7 years. Born September 20, 1990

Scheifele 6.1 x 6 years. Born March 15, 1993

Simple question, expect a simple easy answer.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Simple question, though I doubt you will answer. See the OP.

Then ask yourself who do you prefer. A Player to Player comparison.

OP asks.

Who do you prefer for your team?

Tavares 11M x 7 years. Born September 20, 1990

Scheifele 6.1 x 6 years. Born March 15, 1993

Simple question, expect a simple easy answer.
If you look at the voting results you will see I voted for Tavares.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad