Injury Report: Scheifele injury hyperventilation thread (UPD: out 6-8 weeks)

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
It's a good thing we don't need to rush Chef. If we were a bubble time or chasing a wildcard he might go in before he is completely ready. Since we have such a great record without him, what is another week of rest or not as long as he is back for the playoffs.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
It's a good thing we don't need to rush Chef. If we were a bubble time or chasing a wildcard he might go in before he is completely ready. Since we have such a great record without him, what is another week of rest or not as long as he is back for the playoffs.
There is no rushing. Players get cleared by medical staff. Often non contact to start, and then to contact. Players then get medical clearance to play games. After that it is a coaches decision if they are in game shape, how much practice time etc. Other than for conditioning further recovery after an injury has healed is pretty much irrelevant.

Reactions: JetBlue420

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Go to 2:20. His phone goes off "that's a fine" *laughs*

edit: Turns out it was a camera man in the room. Fine TBA.

Last edited:

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Is there any team that's faced worse injuries this season than we have. We are playing a whole 4th line of guys who wouldn't otherwise be on the team. We have lost of our top 3 centres a #1 d as well our back up goalie. No wonder Nashville can stay close. We just need a healthy team in the playoffs and we can beat anyone. That's like Nashville losing Subban Forsberg and Rinne all at the same time.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Is there any team that's faced worse injuries this season than we have. We are playing a whole 4th line of guys who wouldn't otherwise be on the team. We have lost of our top 3 centres a #1 d as well our back up goalie. No wonder Nashville can stay close. We just need a healthy team in the playoffs and we can beat anyone. That's like Nashville losing Subban Forsberg and Rinne all at the same time.
Jets at #8 in injuries in terms of caphit of injured players lost.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I got my Chef jersey in 2013 almost time to bring it out again. It has been in the closet out of respect. Godspeed Scheifele godspeed

bW3hXpV.jpg

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Our injuries are far worse than Nashville so that may be one reason they have been able to come back.

JetsUK

Oct 1, 2015

Woo-hoo! Friday is my younger son's birthday game -- last year was his first and he absolutely loved it, watched every second so intently that he fell off the front of his seat. Hoping for a good, safe return from Scheif and an injury-free win for the Jerts.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Here are the man-games lost to injury so far this season (thru Feb 3):

upload_2018-2-6_14-8-27.png

The Jets biggest contributor is Enstrom with 23 games lost. Scheifele's next at 15. Then Perreault and Buff with 12 each. Those 4 account for 48% of the team's man games lost this year. The Jets are just slightly worse than league average (124) in man games lost.

The Jets are 8th in Cap Hit of Injured Players with around $6.224M in injured player cap hit. The biggest contributors to that are Enstrom ($1.613M), Scheifele ($1.12M), Buff ($1.11M), Mason ($800k) and Perreault ($604k). League average CHIP is around $4.5M. Anaheim is way ahead of everyone with over $12M in injured cap. 2nd to ANA is Van with about $7.5M in injured cap.

All the numbers and chart above don't count CHIP for "retired" players (e.g. Dave Bolland).

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
I still can't believe how well we did without Scheif. I think it showed a lot about this team and just how good they are.
I think we caught a bit of a break with the schedule as well. The 15 games he has missed has been spread over 40 days so lots of rest and skewed favorably towards non playoff teams.

Reactions: Guerzy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad