GDT: SCF Game 3: Pittsburgh Penguins @ Nashville Predators - MUST WIN GAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Letang on NHL Network talking about how he's learning so much from watching above, especially on the PP. That could be monster next year if he gets a full recovery.

Darth Vitale

Dark Matter
Aug 21, 2003
Darkness
You sweet summer children. :laugh: PA winters ain't ****.

I was gonna say Pittsburgh can't be *that* bad. You guys are pretty much on a similar north-south footing as Indianapolis (bit further north), which gets cold (mostly cold and rainy) but not unbearable. Was your winter last year warmer or colder than usual?

FWIW I'm about half way between Chicago and Milwaukee (well north of yinz all, and well off the lake so we don't get the extra few degrees temp bump Chicago and Milwaukee can get) and we had a very mild winter. Probably the warmest I've seen in 30+ years. Less than half the snowfall we normally get, plenty of unseasonably warm days too. I noticed even places like Green Bay (which you're not likely to get any mild winters there on balance) had a lot of warmer days, relatively speaking.

So quit yer *****in. :laugh:

mrwirez

Apr 17, 2017
Pitt
I think with a southern drawl "Let's Go Preds" sounds a lot like "Let's Go Pens"... So our guys are also going to be energized by the fans!

Let's GO P̶r̶e̶d̶s̶ Pens!

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
No bones tonight per Dan Rosen on NHL Network. Walked in with execs, not even in locker room.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
I feel like any fan base twirling a towel is partially rooting for Pittsburgh... kind of like royalties for a lyric.. we are taking a portion of your cheering as our own

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I hope Hagelin's more determined than ever to make his mark on the game. Expecting a great night out of him if he dresses.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
No bones tonight per Dan Rosen on NHL Network. Walked in with execs, not even in locker room.

I hope he is ok, but honestly with a 2-0 lead and lots of speedy talent on the bench even if he could play at a fraction of his total ability sitting him is the right choice

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
This is Hag's chance to be awesome. Rowney is going to need to be insane. Double shift Sid/Geno a bit, IMO, too.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon
Dear NHL,

Seriously, why on Earth is this game at 8pm on a Saturday? I mean it's still 5pm on the west coast. A 3pm game makes more sense.

Sincerely,
Mr. Impatient

You mean when it's noon on the west coast and they miss a ton of viewers because the game is basically over before they get home? The cup final games have been at 5pm for what... the last decade plus?

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
I hope he is ok, but honestly with a 2-0 lead and lots of speedy talent on the bench even if he could play at a fraction of his total ability sitting him is the right choice

Keep him out we need him fresh for the 17/18 cup finals ;)

flaneur

Jul 17, 2013
I'm guessing Taylor Swift or Dolly Parton for the anthem singer tonight

Hockeygod66

Mar 25, 2007
No bonino sucks bad. I guess we will see how they look without him. That could be the case next year,

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Quite honestly, losing Bones at this part of the season is bad, but not insurmountable. We got 2 wins. We can force Sid/Geno to kill themselves with minutes at this point and Rowney can fill in and hold on just barely. Hags is well rested. He should be able to deliver.

Losing Bones is big, but at the end of the day, if there were EVER a time to lose a player like #13, it for sure is right now.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I can't remember... but who left the ice last game for Nashville? 2 players went to the dressing room. 1 came back I believe. I just can't recall.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
Quite honestly, losing Bones at this part of the season is bad, but not insurmountable. We got 2 wins. We can force Sid/Geno to kill themselves with minutes at this point and Rowney can fill in and hold on just barely. Hags is well rested. He should be able to deliver.

Losing Bones is big, but at the end of the day, if there were EVER a time to lose a player like #13, it for sure is right now.

yeah, we are replacing him with a player just about as good as him in the line-up, just swapping it from C to W. Not ideal, but certainly shouldn't kill us. We still have the clear advantage down the middle obviously :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->