GDT: SCF Game 3: Pittsburgh Penguins @ Nashville Predators - MUST WIN GAMES

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrwirez

Apr 17, 2017
Pitt
Is it wrong of me to want to see Murray shut them out tonight and the Penguins sweep these suckers?
(Sweep...ColePens beat me to it)

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
I want a sweep. Preds want to win in 6. NHL fans want 7. That's just reality.

I'd love a sweep and Jake to dominate:).

For the UK pens fans they could make a new show "The Jake (Sooty) & Sweep Show :laugh:

PS Do they still have that show on TV? It's old as dirt. Remember watching it as a kid in Australia and it as old then.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I've liked Geno's game. Really engaged. He scores timely goals, too. I think Sid has been good, but I think he has like 2 more levels to him that no other player has. His stop on the time, curl, and pass has been sick. I still think he has 2 more levels. Kessel.. meh. I think he has so much left in his tank. Really want to see him snipe one tonight.

And if Jake finds a way to get one more GWG, he's a toss up for CS w/ Geno. That would be remarkable to have 6 total and 3 in a SCF.

I think that if we win this series, the Conn Smythe is Geno's in a landslide. I love Jake and appreciate what he's been able to do, but he was a complete non-factor for an entire series against Ottawa. Can't give the playoff MVP to someone who was a non-factor for 7 or 8 games imo.

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
I think that if we win this series, the Conn Smythe is Geno's in a landslide. I love Jake and appreciate what he's been able to do, but he was a complete non-factor for an entire series against Ottawa. Can't give the playoff MVP to someone who was a non-factor for 7 or 8 games imo.

I don't have Geno even leading right now. Sid is winning it at the moment for me but Jake is knocking at the door :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I don't have Geno even leading right now. Sid is winning it at the moment for me but Jake is knocking at the door :)

I think I have Sid above Jake as well, but I think Geno's consistency gives him the edge over Sid. Sid hasn't looked anywhere close to the same after Niskanen took a stick to his face.

If Jake continues to tear it up for the rest of the Finals, it's a lot closer for me, but at the moment that Ottawa series took him out of the running imo.

Either way, still got two more games to win in the toughest environment the Pens have played in all Spring. I hope we crush 'em tonight and totally deflate the crowd and the Preds, but I don't see that happening. I expect a whole lot of weathering of the storm. Hopefully Murray's at his best, and the Pens are able to counter when the Preds get too aggressive with their blueliners.

mrwirez

Apr 17, 2017
Pitt
Freaking beautiful day in Pittsburgh. Clear skies. Been outside all day. Cannot get enough of it. I love this city but i need to move to somewhere that has this weather 24/7/365.

For me it's gonna northern California​ or southern Oregon.

The deep south is too friggin humid and the SW is too hot/dry.. You are right though, PA winters absolutely stink.

The wife won't move because of her family/folks, so either I divorce her (no), wait (probably), or stay in Westmoreland county forever and freeze (hope not).

Go Pens!

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
FUN JAKE FACT:

Jake is 3 goals away from having the highest amount of goals in the playoffs since 2009 (Crosby 15) and before that you have to go back to the mid 90's (Gretzky, Bure, Sakic).

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
FUN JAKE FACT:

Jake is 3 goals away from having the highest amount of goals in the playoffs since 2009 (Crosby 15) and before that you have to go back to the mid 90's (Gretzky, Bure, Sakic).

Hope he beats Sid's total in 2009. That'd bode really well for us winning this series. :laugh:

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon

As long as it's Malkin or Crosby that wins it and that between them and Sheary they can collect at least another 6 points... I don't care. But that's what I need to win my hockey pool. :D

Penske

Kunitz wasn't there
Jan 13, 2016
As long as it's Malkin or Crosby that wins it and that between them and Sheary they can collect at least another 6 points... I don't care. But that's what I need to win my hockey pool. :D

:laugh: I was wondering where that was going

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Need to withstand that first ten minutes. Get an early goal. That said, I think the Preds win tonight. Adrenaline, crowd, everything. Hopefully people don't freak out with one loss.

Whale Mingo

Nov 18, 2012
Hopefully people don't freak out with one loss.

I mean, do you even read the board?

We will all meet on the West End bridge and jump straight to our death if we lose a game. Hell, if we are down at the end of the first period 1-0 people will be warming up the car.

I'm no exception to this.

Sorry

May 18, 2005
If Preds fans keep throwing catfish on the ice, like 3 or more times, do the refs call a delay of game or do they let them have their fun?

Who am I kidding, they let actual on ice infractions go. They'll never call the delay even if ten fish hit the ice.

pensforlife

Jun 10, 2016
Part of me wants that to end it quick and part of me wants to see a home win.

Rather no life be given to preds. Fans still have hope, players still want it. If preds tie it up a couple lucky bounces they can be holding the cup.

That being said refs will allow everything for preds. NHL don't want a sweep lol. Lose today it's ok, pens win the 2 after.

Somehow if pens win today no way in hell preds win 4 straight.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
FUN JAKE FACT:

But..but...he's just a Crosby mooch and a guy fluking out? #mainboardnarrative

mrwirez

Apr 17, 2017
Pitt
FUN JAKE FACT:

Jake just 2 behind all time playoff goals​ by a rookie record of 14 (Ciccarelli '81) is incredible. I'd never guessed it starting the season. :amazed:

The all time record of most goals, in playoffs one season: (Leach '76 - Kurri '85) of 19 ,is probably a little out of reach...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad