GDT: SCF Game 1: Florida Panthers Vs Vegas Golden Knights | 5:00PM | This would be the perfect time for a 5 game winning streak.

Bart9349

Jul 4, 2016
IMG_9979.gif

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
By far the best part was they just laughed at the kitties and their goon it up act. The boys look well prepared for it and hopefully continue this not letting them get into their heads. Lots of teams got frustrated by that crap and got in trouble for it.

Reactions: RapidKnight

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
I ll be down in Vegas from thursday on, any chance to catch a Knights on ice training?

Where's the location, training ticket prices? Schedule available?

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
I ll be down in Vegas from thursday on, any chance to catch a Knights on ice training?

Where's the location, training ticket prices? Schedule available?

Probably hard to get in though.

I never thought I'd say this, but if Hill keeps this up, they probably shouldn't let him walk (unless he gets some crazy offers like 4.5M x 5). It might cost them Howden in the end, though. There's always the magic of LTIR...

The kicker will probably be the term, moreso than the cap hit. Even if they had Stephenson extended to something palatable, and re-sign Barbashev, there's still Theodore's next contract in 2 years (and LT).

Last edited:
Reactions: Dueling Banjos

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013

I never thought I'd say this, but if Hill keeps this up, they probably shouldn't let him walk (unless he gets some crazy offers like 4.5M x 5). It might cost them Howden in the end, though. There's always the magic of LTIR...

The kicker will probably be the term, moreso than the cap hit. Even if they had Stephenson extended to something palatable, and re-sign Barbashev, there's still Theodore's next contract in 2 years (and LT).

I would be fine going with a Thompson-Hill tandem next season. But i believe Hill might ask for too much money, which i wouldn't give him. Despite his recent play, i would be worried with giving him a big contract. Goalies are voodoo and i have seen many goalies like Hill crash and burn after having one good season.

willy702

Jul 3, 2016

Lots of unknowns but there is still the possibility Lehner is cleared to play and his contract is still valid. If so then almost no way they keep Hill. It's been a nice story and of course in better circumstances they would keep him, but he's earned a good deal and the right to be someone else's #1.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

It isn't between Hill and Howden. It's we can only keep two of Barbashev, Martinez and Hill.

And that's if Lehner isn't able to play, if he is we can keep one.

I think they will probably see the terrific defense we've played in front of our goaltenders, the magic of goalies year to year, the fact that we have someone we view as at least as good if not better in Thompson for 777k, and they probably think we can get a cheaper veteran who can look good as a backup behind our defense.

Barbashev and Hill have played too well late in the season and playoffs or else we could have kept them. When Barbashev was looking at 4 and Hill at 3 it was possible.

But now that Barbashev is probably up to 5 and Hill definitely up at 4 from some team needing goaltending, there's like ten and goalies need to take every chance to bank in money they can get, especially if they hopefully have their name on the Cup.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
It isn't between Hill and Howden. It's we can only keep two of Barbashev, Martinez and Hill.

And that's if Lehner isn't able to play, if he is we can keep one.

I think they will probably see the terrific defense we've played in front of our goaltenders, the magic of goalies year to year, the fact that we have someone we view as at least as good if not better in Thompson for 777k, and they probably think we can get a cheaper veteran who can look good as a backup behind our defense.

Barbashev and Hill have played too well late in the season and playoffs or else we could have kept them. When Barbashev was looking at 4 and Hill at 3 it was possible.

But now that Barbashev is probably up to 5 and Hill definitely up at 4 from some team needing goaltending, there's like ten and goalies need to take every chance to bank in money they can get, especially if they hopefully have their name on the Cup.
I'm thinking Howden would be the odd man out because without the Lehner contract they have 9.25M to work with. I don't see a need to move Martinez in the final year of his deal.

23593.jpg

As far as the game, that was a downright mess the first half of the game until the jitters wore off. Lomberg seemed to be the only one playing smart, physical hockey so I fully expect Florida to be much more of a pain between the whistles next game. Though it was nice seeing Eichel mount Gudas like a bulldog in heat.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I'm thinking Howden would be the odd man out because without the Lehner contract they have 9.25M to work with. I don't see a need to move Martinez in the final year of his deal.

23593.jpg

As far as the game, that was a downright mess the first half of the game until the jitters wore off. Lomberg seemed to be the only one playing smart, physical hockey so I fully expect Florida to be much more of a pain between the whistles next game. Though it was nice seeing Eichel mount Gudas like a bulldog in heat.

Well if the refs do their job, hopefully the bs between whistles will be limited.

Vegan Knight

Feb 16, 2018

23593.jpg

I don't think they'd ever go with a 22 man roster if they are using LTIR, and Paul Cotter isn't good enough to be the only extra forward, and was shit with Stephenson and Stone. I also think 5 million is the minimum for Barbashev.

But more to the point, I don't think they would do well having 3.75 million on the bench for 45-50 games a year when Thompson outplays him again.

Especially since our defense would be the same, we would still have Sean Burke as goaltending coach, and about 1.95 million to spend on a veteran (which there are many available this offseason) looking for a good situation to boost their numbers, in a tax free state, before the massive cap increase.

We made five goalies look good.

Reactions: WhataKnight

WhataKnight

The KnightMan Cometh!
Jan 6, 2023
I wear my jersey out once a day at least until this series is done.

Often showing my age by blaring vintage Opblaaskrokodil memes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad