Scabs

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicpea*

When did the other leagues become unionised? Because otherwise, you're talking about a "free market" of talent. And if there's anything we're not talking about here, it's a "free market" for talent - as you well know.

Jason MacIsaac

Jan 13, 2004
Halifax, NS
chicpea said:
When did the other leagues become unionised? Because otherwise, you're talking about a "free market" of talent. And if there's anything we're not talking about here, it's a "free market" for talent - as you well know.
I didn't mean it in a literal Labor Relations type manner. Just metaphorically speaking.

chicpea*

Sorry about the confusion. I'm trying to keep it technical. Though I didn't miss your point, and I do respect it, sincerely.

arnie

Dec 20, 2004
chicpea said:
Yes, some call them "replacement employees."

It's kinda like calling massive civilian deaths "collateral damage."

Both are euphmeisms.

You don't know what youy are talking about. Scabs are people who replace workers who go on strike. There is no strike here. The "workers" are welcome to come back at any timr.

chicpea*

arnie said:
You don't know what youy are talking about. Scabs are people who replace workers who go on strike. There is no strike here. The "workers" are welcome to come back at any timr.

No, you don't know what you're talking about. When a legal "impasse" is finally declared, there will be a very real situation in which scabs will come to play an important role (Because the NHLPA will declare a "strike"). You can say I "have no idea" but at least explain your logic, please.

Dave is a killer

Dave's a Mess
Oct 17, 2002
Cumming GA
Jason MacIsaac said:
Are you refering to the scabs in europe, scabs in ECHL, scabs in AHL, or scabs in UHL?

couldn't have said it better myself ...

*references Derian Hatcher, Kris Draper, Chris Chelios* ... yes all these players and the ones that went over to Europe to take youngsters spots are all scabs!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad