SCAB players?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brewleaguer

Jan 31, 2005
Big Phil said:
Put it this way all of the players who are overseas right now are taking jobs away form a guy that really needs it. If you were a guy making just enough to support your family and you were a fourth liner would you not be bitter that Joe Thornton who is a millionaire comes over and takes your job? I would.

So to all you NHL players that are going to complain about "scabs" next year just look in the mirror and you'll see exactly what you are doing! :dunno:

Again they didn't hold a gun to the owners head over there.... owners made the decision to sign them/use them.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Brewleaguer said:
Again they didn't hold a gun to the owners head over there.... owners made the decision to sign them/use them.

And now the owners are offering them up to $42.5m per team per year. 10 times their current market value. :dunno:

Brewleaguer

Jan 31, 2005
me2 said:
And now the owners are offering them up to $42.5m per team per year. 10 times their current market value. :dunno:

What I meant was the owners of the European teams didn't have a gun pointed at their heads to put NHL'ers on their rosters.

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
Big Phil said:
If you were a guy making just enough to support your family and you were a fourth liner would you not be bitter that Joe Thornton who is a millionaire comes over and takes your job? I would.

What if you weren't married?

The guys Thornton replaced, are free to come over next year and take his job. you are free to cheer for them. They will still be scabs. But heck, i'd do it, be a scab, if I could away with it. What poster here wouldnt? To ply in the NHL? Even a scab league / Making the Cut episode. But I dont think Thornton is worried any of us will play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad