Injury Report: Sbisa missing Canada trip. (Update 11/30-Reactivated from IR)

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
Oh-oh.

Missing_Wheel1.jpg

Reactions: Nevada Jones

VanIslander

A 19-year ATDer on HfBoards
Sep 4, 2004
No! The wheels are NOT falling off! :laugh:
I like what you're saying, I'm just not sure I buy it.

Schmidt, Sbisa, Perron... have been three of the four wheels for us. I've thought so game in and game out.

Sbisa is on the top pairing, blocks a lot of shots and hits a lot, clears the puck from the defensive zone safely and plays the last minute shifts of close games. Theodore is no replacement at this point in his career (hasn't shown to be worthy of any more of a role than Miller).

20171016-sbisa.jpg

We may soon see the first game of the season in which we are out of it before the third period. I hope not, but I fear it. It will certainly be interesting....

Reactions: Nevada Jones

Nevada Jones

I like hockey.
Jun 28, 2017
Somewhere in Oregon.
You make a strong argument.

Stop it! :laugh:

I guess I drank the Kool-Aid when the Wolves GM said Theodore was a top-four NHL defenseman even during his short time in Chicago. Although he admitted Theodore had some things to work on defensively. And GMGM has also recently said he has some adjustments to make at the NHL level.

Now I know we haven't seen much from Theodore by any measure. But he was called up right at the beginning of that six-game eastern expedition so I can't imagine he had much practice time with the team until after they returned home.

Hopefully he's starting to get a bit more comfortable and gets a chance to show this with Sbisa out.

Certainly keeping my fingers crossed that the first game of the season that is over by the end of the second period is not on the near horizon, but I realize that sooner or later it's likely to happen regardless of the personnel.

hangman005

Face for Radio, Voice for Silent Movies
Apr 19, 2015
Cloud 9
I believe so... unless they retroactively added him to the IR, which I'm not sure that they did.

EDIT: Beat me to it BB :)

BattleBorn

50% to winning as many division titles as Toronto
Feb 6, 2015
Bellevue, WA
Could we do an general injury thread for all useful info?
I'm guessing it's better to have individual threads for everyone so the discussion doesn't get muddled and just counting on everyone staying on the ball better than I have. :laugh:

Your call if you want to do a thread though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->