Saturday 1/5/2013: Potential Gathering @NYC NHL Offices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I've been speaking with a few posters from other fan bases that are living locally and we're seriously discussing the possibility of gathering in a peaceful protest outside of the NHL offices tomorrow, with signs, jerseys, etc. to try and make some sort of statement in the hopes that a deal is actually nearing completion. It might be a useless demonstration, but most of us feel it's better than simply acting as doormats that both the league and players can walk all over and expect to return when they finally bring our game back.

Nothing is official thus far but if you are going to be in the area, are local or would be interested in meeting up for this gathering, let me know so we can gauge interest by tonight. For us Rangers fans, we could always do our own thing and grab some beers or something afterwards as a kind of HF meet and greet as well.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
I'd definitely be interested in something like this. Don't know if it would accomplish anything, but it's better than just refreshing a computer screen hoping for progress.

Samuel Culper III

Mr. Woodhull...
Jan 15, 2007
Texas
I'd definitely be interested in something like this. Don't know if it would accomplish anything, but it's better than just refreshing a computer screen hoping for progress.

That's what myself and the folks I've been speaking with about it thought. Probably wouldn't do much, but at least, as hockey fans, we could say we did something, which is more than most can say. Plus, who knows, maybe we end up on the tsn website or even get "interviewed" by the bored "journalists" who have been tweeting nothing updates this whole time, while they wait for anything real to link. And like I said, it could be a kind of NYR HF meet and greet afterwards if people turn out. I'd pony up for a train ticket for it, that's for sure.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
Showing up and having a gathering/protest will do NOTHING. You think they care what you think? The very knowledge of your presence only lets them know further they can get away with this and that you'll be there when the lockout ends for next year. The smarter move would be to not show up, give them no attention, cancel your season tickets, stop buying the merchandise. Let these big shot owners who want to buy NHL franchises because they have nothing else to do with their money, suffer. Let them lose money. The sport was already 4th on the list of major sports in America, maybe even 5 at this point with NASCAR moving ahead. Maybe move to 6th with the MLS moving ahead. Let them feel the burning of failure, of no profits, of no media attention, of no fan attention. Then they will have real problems.

in the hall

Mar 4, 2004
Don't waste your time, it does nothing to impact anything. There have been more people waiting to get autographs than gather to protest. There've been two "official" protest gatherings. First one had maybe 5 people show up. Second one had about 10.

Uncle Sid

Nov 30, 2007
New Jersey
I was actually thinking about doing this the other day. I would 100% be there if not for work. I mean, I have to make money to throw at these clowns if/when they come to an agreement

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Is this like the brilliant idea about protesting Dolan outside of MSG a couple of years ago? You know the one that did nothing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad