Saskatchewan Huskies

AUS Fan

Aug 1, 2008
At the Rink

I met Dave Adolph many years ago at CIS coaches meeting. While our interaction has only been brief "hellos" at the Nationals and the occasional shared adult beverage, I have seen enough of him to like the man as well as the coach. Very pleased to see him win this award.

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
Sask vs St FX

Diuring Friday's X vs McGill quarter final, I asked a Huskie player if they there was a team in the West who played with similar systems as the X- Men? The answer was no.
McGill played a neutral trap system against St FX tonite, but in the end were no match against the ever opportunistic X-Men. Not enough pucks to the net, not enough traffic in front of Marchand.
Get the pucks to the net with traffic and things may happen!.
X had about 4-5 partial breakaways in this game tonite.
Saskatchewan has to play tough and dirty in front of Marchand! They have the defense and goaltending, but the Offensi must be at another level to win on Saturday

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
Huskies to final

Saskatchewan elevated their game for sure and showed that they have the offence to put you away.
They get big time revenge on a team that knocked them out of the semi's one year ago, by an 8-0 blowout win. the two best team in the Men's Usports rankings all year get to decide the title.

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
gold medal game

This will be a tough one to predict.
UNB 2-1, but if they lose, it will be to a program that has a lot of class and that hasn't won a National Championshipin a long time.
UNB has the advantage with skill and defence, but the Huskies have it in nets.
Good luck and may the best team win.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
I have no doubt that we will see them back here next year!

I do! The Monkeys return loads. The Bisons return all but 2, and have redshirts ready to add. MRU is under-rated in the east because they are new. Bedrock U will lose some names but are never bad. UBC knocked Sask out in the quarter-finals 3 years ago. Injuries and surprise recruits from other teams can really alter things.

RED ARMY EAST

Feb 14, 2010
Freddy Beach,N.B.Canada
CanadaWest

PHP:
I do! The Monkeys return loads. The Bisons return all but 2, and have redshirts ready to add. MRU is under-rated in the east because they are new. Bedrock U will lose some names but are never bad. UBC knocked Sask out in the quarter-finals 3 years ago. Injuries and surprise recruits from other teams can really alter things.
True, it's not a given to make it to Nationals. CanadaWest is getting more competitive with Mount Royal in the mix now., they are on the upswing, as well as others.
Alberta is loaded with talent and every Bear sat and watched the gold medal final today. They will be back in the mix. Saskatchewan,have come close , 3 times since 2014 in Saskatoon.
First round bye and home ice in the playoffs are the key to success in order get out of this conference next year.

UNB Bruins Fan

Mar 11, 2008
Fredericton, NB
Great story, thanks for sharing.

Seems like there were a lot of stories like that this year with the St FX players helping the lady in a car accident/Queen's giving up some of their hotel rooms during their travels/etc..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad