Sasha Pokulok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggins

Jul 12, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Can anyone give me some information or impressions on this guy? I have the THN draft issue and they have him at #31, while ISS has him at #115.

6 foot 5, 220. Plays defense for Cornell. 10 points in 26 games.

The THN blurb says he is "a towering defenseman with good mobility" but doesn't say much else other than that he missed four weeks with a broken collarbone.

neophool*

i think he could be sleeper pick, easily. he's huge, can move, played great as a freshman on one of the nations best defensive teams.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Leachmeister2000 said:
Heard he plays somewhat like Mike Komisarek and that he's positionally sound with latent offensive ability.

No I wouldn't say that. As a Cornell fan and someone that saw Komisarek at Michigan, they don't play the same style. Komisarek was way way way more physical. He could shove players to the ice with one hand and made it look easy. Pokulok is more of an offensive defensmen but doesn't play that physical as compared with Komo imo. I've got a bunch of Cornell games on tape from this year as well as one or two games of Komisarek at Michigan if you want to compare for yourself.

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
I wasn't all that impressed with Pokulok's skating and I saw Cornell about a half dozen times this season. I thought he was on the slow side. I love his size and his offensive upside though. At times, he's looks a little lost out there, but I'll cut the kid some slack for being a freshman.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
montreal said:
No I wouldn't say that. As a Cornell fan and someone that saw Komisarek at Michigan, they don't play the same style. Komisarek was way way way more physical. He could shove players to the ice with one hand and made it look easy. Pokulok is more of an offensive defensmen but doesn't play that physical as compared with Komo imo. I've got a bunch of Cornell games on tape from this year as well as one or two games of Komisarek at Michigan if you want to compare for yourself.

Wow if he's an offensive guy and lacks a mean streak and with his exceptional size, he might be diamond in the rough am I right? I've only seen Pokulok once so I was a bit confused as well with comparison but can you really blame a halfwit? :)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Leachmeister2000 said:
Wow if he's an offensive guy and lacks a mean streak and with his exceptional size, he might be diamond in the rough am I right? I've only seen Pokulok once so I was a bit confused as well with comparison but can you really blame a halfwit? :)

No I can't blame a halfwit ;) He could be a diamond in the rough, as he is huge and somehow worked his way onto the Big Red's top pairing and even 1st PP unit, so they must see something in him. Personally I'd be more interested in a guy like Marc Gragnani although Pokulok's size is impressive and he should be one of Cornell's top defensemen next year (although O'Byrne is more fun to watch) Another guy I like is the other freshman D, Doug Krantz. He's an older freshman, but he's got a cannon of a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad