Sarnia Sting 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016

Let me make this very clear, In no way do I condone the racial remarks or anything like that but this article makes it seem like Smith is so innocent. If he didn't play like such a meat head and he conducted himself like a professional hockey player then none of this is a issue. When you start taunting a crowd at an away game then your going to get a negative response. You reap what you sew. No sympathy from me on this one.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Let me make this very clear, In no way do I condone the racial remarks or anything like that but this article makes it seem like Smith is so innocent. If he didn't play like such a meat head and he conducted himself like a professional hockey player then none of this is a issue. When you start taunting a crowd at an away game then your going to get a negative response. You reap what you sew. No sympathy from me on this one.

You just tried to justify racism. You should have started your comment with "I'm not a racist but... "

Last edited:

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Ferdall just wondering if you met Smitty out in the concourse would you call him that to his face! Doubt it... Guess we would find out the answer to why the chicken crossed the road:)

I call them how I see them so I wouldn't even think twice about voicing my opinion on the concourse to any idiot given the opportunity. :thumbu:

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
So is speculating what someone you don't know would or wouldn't do but hey.....:speechles

it doesnt matter what a player does on the ice, if someone throws a racist comment at him, thats on the person saying it, not the kid. if you dont like the way he plays, its on you to voice your displeasure without being an intolerant a-hole or hick.

if the person cant do that and needs to resort to racism, then that says more about them then any player on the ice.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
it doesnt matter what a player does on the ice, if someone throws a racist comment at him, thats on the person saying it, not the kid. if you dont like the way he plays, its on you to voice your displeasure without being an intolerant a-hole or hick.

if the person cant do that and needs to resort to racism, then that says more about them then any player on the ice.

If the term idiot is racist then I guess I'm an "a-hole and hick". :thumbu:

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
If the term idiot is racist then I guess I'm an "a-hole and hick". :thumbu:

your original comment that got more then one of us commenting was 'if he didnt play like an idiot, he wouldnt get these comments'. thats a pretty dangerous stance to take. i dont want to go into it, but there are alot of people who do awful things to others with that same type of justification. there's no justification for racism, end of discussion.

The Howler

Dec 9, 2015
Ferdall just wondering if you met Smitty out in the concourse would you call him that to his face! Doubt it... Guess we would find out the answer to why the chicken crossed the road:)
If he's such a great guy...why didn't we see him in last couple of games.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009

Dumb statement.

That's like suggesting that even though you don't condone rape, a women who dresses in a provocative manner deserves to be raped. If she had dressed in a conservative manner then none of this is an issue. Does she reap what she has sewn? Would she get any sympathy from you??

I guess not.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Dumb statement.

That's like suggesting that even though you don't condone rape, a women who dresses in a provocative manner deserves to be raped. If she had dressed in a conservative manner then none of this is an issue. Does she reap what she has sewn? Would she get any sympathy from you??

I guess not.

Keep putting words in my mouth. I expect nothing less from the KIT fans in this case. I got my opinion on the matter and you don't have to like it. Back to the Kitchener thread boys.:nopity:

Reactions: staubitz and Radar9

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Keep putting words in my mouth. I expect nothing less from the KIT fans in this case. I got my opinion on the matter and you don't have to like it. Back to the Kitchener thread boys.:nopity:

hes not putting words in your mouth, this is exactly what you are saying. you can troll and attack in response, i guess thats how you deal with it, but that doesnt make it any less true. saying someone should expect racial taunts because how he plays is exactly the same thing as saying a women 'deserves' whatever happens for the way she dresses. its discusting but its true.

regarding telling others what to do, heres the cool thing about message boards, people are allowed to post where ever they want. they can post here, they can post in the kitchener thread, they can post in the windsor thread. your not the moderator or gate keeper for all posts, so just because people call you on the carpet for some pretty bad statements, you have zero say over where or what they post.

if you dont want them calling you out for a questionable post, dont make questionable posts.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
I think he was meaning that because smith plays like an idiot at times which we can all agree on, he deserves a retaliation whether it’s physical or verbal from the other team, nobody wants that retaliation to be a racial comment and by no means do the sting organization or the fans condone racism, hell we had an Asian guy on our team this year and a black guy on our team last year and as far as I’m corncerned they were fan favourites...

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I think he was meaning that because smith plays like an idiot at times which we can all agree on, he deserves a retaliation whether it’s physical or verbal from the other team, nobody wants that retaliation to be a racial comment and by no means do the sting organization or the fans condone racism, hell we had an Asian guy on our team this year and a black guy on our team last year and as far as I’m corncerned they were fan favourites...

your not wrong and your right that when you give it you get it, I dont think that smith would argue that, the problem is that this entire article is based on his race being the thing that’s used to attack hom, not his on ice play.

If people were calling him a goon or booing him for a hit, that’s all above board, but the moment it turns racial, it’s offside, there’s no justification, it doesn’t matter how he plays.

If the article as about him being targeted by refs, the comment he made is perfectly fine, but it’s about him being targeted because if race, and that’s not something that needs to happen, ever, and justifying the slurs isn’t onside, no matter how he plays

Reactions: bobber

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
He’s not being targeted because of his race, he’s being targeted because of the way he plays the game. All of this talk about racist remarks made to him is just hearsay. As far as I’m concerned Smith was the one sitting in the press box for a reason and no one else. Whoever made that article is just doing what the media does best...cause drama and over exaggerate EVERYTHING. At the end of the day the league look into it all and cane to the conclusion that everything was just peachy. Get over it.

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
I dont wanna speak for Fedra but its obvious here what he was talking about, He was saying that since smith acts like a total moron on the ice, he deserves to get heckled. Fedra was not saying he deserves racial comments, no one does. I just wanna add, have the police ever been called? Uttering racial comments to people is illegal sometimes. If these accusations of fans being racist towards smith on numerous occasions why haven't the police been involved. If some guy in Sarnia pops his head down the hall and yells a racial slur why aren't the police notified, there are numerous police officers in the Arena during a game. If fans are sitting behind the bench using racial slurs why aren't the police or arena security notified???

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Not really, when we traded him fazio was the much better and more experienced goalie, Fulchers numbers aren’t impressive at all, if anything I would of kept him and traded Hughes instead....good on the local kid winning tho, I was rooting for hamilton over the hounds big time !

Reactions: The Howler
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->