Sarnia Sting 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Somehow I think Sinclair has distinctly different guidelines under the current regime than with previous owners. We would have never seen anything like the Konecny trade and this year’s deals in the Ciccarelli era. I think there’s a completely different philosophy in the GM office, yielding completely different results.
Sinclair was only gm for a year or two before the new owners came in, I think he was an assistant gm for a year or two before that so he built the team this year and also the team two years ago.. also he is able to use late round picks on American picks because of the American owners and their connections with Michigan hockey especially with honey baked AAA...the owners seem to understand to use early pics on top end ontario players and later pics on top end American players just like what the knights do. Hopefully they have more success then in the past at brining some of the American kids over which I think they will, as the arena and the organization is getting a better reputation each year since they have taken over.

Reactions: Texcanuck

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
...the owners seem to understand to use early pics on top end ontario players and later pics on top end American players just like what the knights do. Hopefully they have more success then in the past at brining some of the American kids over which I think they will, as the arena and the organization is getting a better reputation each year since they have taken over.
Success breeds success. If this team can continue getting results, TV time, broad recognition, etc., and hopefully long playoff runs, prospects might look at us as a rosier place to land to showcase themselves. Hope so...

Flyers 1st

Oct 12, 2015
Now that Sting have made the post-season, has anyone else been wondering about the cost of watching the game (s) . A short search based on STH packages shows Sarnia is about average and the Soo a relatively good deal , however I wonder about the overall pricing of a 15.50$ ticket increasing to 22$ (season ticket) affecting the attendance . This is not pro hockey.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
That’s just the way it is around the entire league. This round will be 22 here; if we get to the second round, it will be more than that. Ditto 3rd...
In theory, you should be witnessing better & better matchups as you progress, and better atmosphere and better hockey.
Beer prices should hold steady :thumbu:

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Windsor, Saginaw or Guelph....who would you rather see Sarnia face in the 1st round?

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
Windsor, Saginaw or Guelph....who would you rather see Sarnia face in the 1st round?
As I posted Sunday, I can’t see it being anyone other than Windsor. DiPietro could steal a couple.
I’d far prefer either of the other 2, particularly Saginaw, since I’d roll up the road for those games

Reactions: Ferda11

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Windsor would worry me the most only because of DiPietro, I could see him stealing 2 games for sure.

I agree, it wouldn't matter to me who we got between SAG and GUE but I think I much rather play SAG as well. I think it would be a bit more exciting and a quick rip up to SAG is do-able on any given night.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I prefer to see Saginaw in the 1st round. It's a short trip and the Spirit playoff ticket prices are not increased for the playoffs. They will still be $15/17/19 US. If they play Saginaw, Game 3 will be Mon. 3/26 and Game 4 will be Wed. 3/28. 7:05pm start for both games
Saginaw Spirit announce Round One OHL Playoff dates for Home Games 1 and 2 at The Dow Event Center - Saginaw Spirit

If that's the case then it sounds like Sarnia has plans to host games 1 and 2 on Friday the 23rd and Saturday the 24th. Perfect.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
If that's the case then it sounds like Sarnia has plans to host games 1 and 2 on Friday the 23rd and Saturday the 24th. Perfect.
Might get “stuck” with Thursday/Saturday. I read somewhere that playoffs officially begin Thursday for some teams. I’d love Fri/Sat.

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
Goalie prospect Ethan Langevin has just completed his Junior A season. Can you see him getting another start in one of the final 3 games?

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Goalie prospect Ethan Langevin has just completed his Junior A season. Can you see him getting another start in one of the final 3 games?

I think we see Fazio tonight if I had to guess thus leaving London and Owen Sound on Friday and Saturday. I was thinking Hughes would get the remaining two games but with Langevin being done you will more the liely see him at least dress so Fazio wont have to. I'd love to see Langevin get the game in a big barn in London.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Hoping to see a playoff type effort tonight from the boys against Kitchener. These two teams do not like each other and with only just over 200 tickets left I would hope these boys come out firing and prove that the last few loses to KIT aren't something to be concerned about.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
I think we see Fazio tonight if I had to guess thus leaving London and Owen Sound on Friday and Saturday. I was thinking Hughes would get the remaining two games but with Langevin being done you will more the liely see him at least dress so Fazio wont have to. I'd love to see Langevin get the game in a big barn in London.
Personally, getting Langevin in would have no priority with me. Rather see Hughes get a game or 2 just in case something (God forbid) happens to Fazio. Langevin has no relevance to this team’s playoff future, which frankly is all that matters right now.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Personally, getting Langevin in would have no priority with me. Rather see Hughes get a game or 2 just in case something (God forbid) happens to Fazio. Langevin has no relevance to this team’s playoff future, which frankly is all that matters right now.

Solid point. I'd like to see him up with the team as a back up for Hughes at least. Get him a little more exposure with the big club.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Great game tonight. Couldn’t have been anymore even then that. Not sure why Ang was out? He has been our best player as of late.

The amount of chirping and taunting that went on in this game was incredible. Lots of gestures towards the other benches after goals and a ton of talking between the two benches all game. These two teams legit hate each other. If these two teams meet in round 2 it’s going to be one of the best playoff series in a long time. I think Smith is public enemy #1 now in Sarnia, too bad that his little antics got the best of him and the black and yellow got the last laugh tonight. I’m sure that stings.

That OT was pretty lame by the way. Can’t wait for continuous OT for playoffs if any games go that far.

Reactions: BarDownskie

BarDownskie

Feb 3, 2018
I've been a sting fan since I was a little guy back in 01/02. I liked the bee logo. I've lived in kitchener most of my life tho. And I'm so happy to see the organization finally make that turn. I'm hoping for a 2nd round matchup between the 2 so I don't have to travel in the 2nd round to watch my team. I like the fact the 2 teams don't like eachother it makes for great chirping with the boys at work.

Reactions: Ferda11

davewheeler

Dec 5, 2016
Lol Kitchener got incredibly lucky on the Stanley goal ,.... just coming out of the box.....lucky. Crowd was great, finally. 3 on 3 overtime is the worst hockey I've ever seen. Theres more skating out of the zone for a change and waiting behind the net than there is action. The refs being more aggressive in calling penalties to keep the game under control is an advantage to Sarnia. If Sarnia can keep its cool and plays hockey they will be fine. That honestly was one of the best hockey games I have seen in a while. You could feel the hate and intensity in the stands. Safe to say that series will be epic.

Texcanuck

Nov 28, 2017
So much for my “expert” playoff opponent predictions. Guelph takes 2 in a row from Kitchener. What’s up with that??!!?

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Didn't see any of the game but what's up with the shots against in the 2nd and 3rd periods? Did the team just quit after being up 3-0 after the 1st?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->