Sarnia Sting 2018 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Shame on coach Hatcher.His son was having a bad game but dad kept putting him on the ice to embarrass himself.I felt sorry for him.Sitting these other d man while that is going is totally embarrassing.kyrou's eye hand coordination is special to watch when he steals that puck.hopefully Sting got a lesson today about getting ahead and then taking easy..6 points against these last teams is impressive

Flyers 1st

Oct 12, 2015
Shame on coach Hatcher.His son was having a bad game but dad kept putting him on the ice to embarrass himself.I felt sorry for him.Sitting these other d man while that is going is totally embarrassing.kyrou's eye hand coordination is special to watch when he steals that puck.hopefully Sting got a lesson today about getting ahead and then taking easy..6 points against these last teams is impressive
Kelton totally gave up on a Bulldog goal in 3rd period. Staubitz is the defence coach he didn't have #28 miss a shift , man give Henderson more ice , he's not going to be out of position any more than Hatcher

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Todays game was a good reality check. Luckily we still got the win but there was some horrific plays in our own end. I agree Hatcher was bad...really bad...defiantly a liability most of the game. By far his worst game of the season and coach should have limited his ice time for his poor play. A guy like Henderson doesn't deserve to be seeing limited ice when he is out playing most of our top 4. Grima was good today I thought.

We need to stop being stupid with all the penalties. The PK has been good but leading the western conference in PIMS will catch up to us. Like seeing Hinz putting up more points...and Ruzicka continues to be clutch. Rymsha seems to be a little snake bitten the last few games. Kyrou's defensive play has been a pleasant surprise. He's been dangerous most shifts...lot's of opportunities.

I said last week that this weekend would be a good test.....guess the boys passed the test.. 6 out of 6 points. Great weekend.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Todays game was a good reality check. Luckily we still got the win but there was some horrific plays in our own end. I agree Hatcher was bad...really bad...defiantly a liability most of the game. By far his worst game of the season and coach should have limited his ice time for his poor play. A guy like Henderson doesn't deserve to be seeing limited ice when he is out playing most of our top 4. Grima was good today I thought.

We need to stop being stupid with all the penalties. The PK has been good but leading the western conference in PIMS will catch up to us. Like seeing Hinz putting up more points...and Ruzicka continues to be clutch. Rymsha seems to be a little snake bitten the last few games. Kyrou's defensive play has been a pleasant surprise. He's been dangerous most shifts...lot's of opportunities.

I said last week that this weekend would be a good test.....guess the boys passed the test.. 6 out of 6 points. Great weekend.

Great Post.I agree about Rymsha.Not sure what is going on.Not that he is playing terrible just not what he is capable of.I just don't get the Henderson sitting thing.Almost every shift he does something to impress. What a pass on his opening shift I think to McGregor.Stupid penalities for sure.Totally undisciplined.I have been one of Kyrou's biggest critics about his defence but it has much improved, In the second period I thought the forwards got a bit to selfish in their passing game.Overall great weekend,Go Sting

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Kelton totally gave up on a Bulldog goal in 3rd period. Staubitz is the defence coach he didn't have #28 miss a shift , man give Henderson more ice , he's not going to be out of position any more than Hatcher

Hard to blame Staubitz. Tough position to be in and benching the owner and boss's son. The Head coach job is to oversee his team and if you watch him numerous times he sends out the lines. Henderson play earns him more ice.

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
the goal where the Hamilton guy got around hogue and took it to the net... what was grima doing? He was right there standing straight up not moving his feet at all, hogue was going to get a penalty if they didn't score but come on move your feet and knock the puck off the guys stick or hit him, don't let him skate in and shoot, was not happy to see a vet do that, pathetic

robp1219

Dec 22, 2015
Henderson needs more playing time, wouldn't mind seeing him on the pp, smooth skater and good passer

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
The Sting played a great 1st period. Everybody was skating and that was the difference. For the 2nd and 3rd, Hamilton started skating and quite a few of the Sting players stopped. Fazio played great, but Fultcher out played him. He made some unbelievable saves. I also loved the hit on Hinz that put him in Hamilton's bench. Seemed Hinz even had a grin on his face as he went back to the Sting bench.

Great weekend for the boys. A win is a win no matter how it happens. This may be the deepest forward group the Sting have ever iced. I'm sure we will be seeing a few more of these high scoring games. Just hoping we end up on the winning side more often than not.

Last edited:

Duke Guy

Sep 10, 2013
The Sting have the most points in the entire 20 team OHL yet rank 19th in attendance. They have only played 5 home games so far and they are down about 600 fans per game from last season. Do you expect larger crowds as the season goes on or is there something else in play here?

massey

Sep 5, 2012
The Sting have the most points in the entire 20 team OHL yet rank 19th in attendance. They have only played 5 home games so far and they are down about 600 fans per game from last season. Do you expect larger crowds as the season goes on or is there something else in play here?

Might get a few more as the season progresses. Nice weather outside hasn't helped but don't expect anymore than maybe another 500 consistently. May help now that the team is winning. Probably one of the most creative forward squads the sting have put together for a while and exciting to watch.The management thinks the new scoreboard will help when they get it. Who knows. I would only hope their staff gets creative to get the kids to the arena and bring a parent with them.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
The Sting played a great 1st period. Everybody was skating and that was the difference. For the 2nd and 3rd, Hamilton started skating and quite a few of the Sting players stopped. Fazio played great, but Fultcher out played him. He made some unbelievable saves. I also loved the hit on Hinz that put him in Hamilton's bench. Seemed Hinz even had a grin on his face as he went back to the Sting bench.

Great weekend for the boys. A win is a win no matter how it happens. This may be the deepest forward group the Sting have ever iced. I'm sure we will be seeing a few more of these high scoring games. Just hoping we end up on the winning side more often than not.

Hey Boxer,Why do u think Fulcher outplayed Fazio.He let 2 shoft goals in the first and played extremely well after that.I thought Fazio played decent except for his defence hanging him out to dry. Just curious

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Sting #1 in OHL, Adam tied leading scorer, Theo leading +/-,Fazio tied most wins, PK #1,PP #5 in OHL.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016

The start of the season is usually always slow for attendance. The weather definitely has an impact as well. A lot of people are busy getting in some last minute camping trips, summer sports have been wrapping up, parents getting their kids into the swing of hockey season and tryouts. The Brigden fair was this past weekend and obviously a long holiday weekend so no surprise with lack of people showing up for the two home games. I think once November rolls around and if the team can keep putting up some points and play entertaining hockey then I'd expect an average around 3200 per game and closer to 3800 vs teams like London and Windsor. One thing the people of Sarnia have always proven is that they will show up when the team is winning games consistently, but you certainly cannot blame them for not supporting a team with the lack of success this team has had throughout its time in Sarnia.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
Sting #1 in OHL, Adam tied leading scorer, Theo leading +/-,Fazio tied most wins, PK #1,PP #5 in OHL.

And who would have saw any of that coming just a few short weeks ago? Good time to be a Sting fan. Although I have to admit I'm nervous that the wheels could fall off the bus at any time...not because of the team...but because we are the Sarnia Sting and usually we don't get to have nice things...lol

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
Hey Boxer,Why do u think Fulcher outplayed Fazio.He let 2 shoft goals in the first and played extremely well after that.I thought Fazio played decent except for his defence hanging him out to dry. Just curious

I don't think any goal scored on Fultcher in the 1st was a soft goal. He also made a couple HUGE saves in the 2nd, that if not made, there was no chance for a comeback for them.

Schlerk

Aug 31, 2013
Sarnia
Stings get number 8 rank in CHL top ten this week. Same record (tied for 2nd best in CHL) with teams ranked 4 and 5.

NewB

Feb 23, 2017
No doubt a great start to the season and a well deserved top 10 but way way too early 7 games into the season to predict how all this success translates into late season success. A defense unit that has Hatcher playing top 3 minutes is in big trouble. Better hope Faz stays locked in and healthy because we're going to see some fireworks every game. Many more 6-5 type games I predict. Although very entertaining, not a winning recipe come playoff time. Any predictions this weekend? Missy, Storm and roady in Windsor. I'm saying 2W 1L

NewB

Feb 23, 2017
Forgot to mention the undisciplined penalties we've seen the last 2 games. Staff need to address this issue as it is getting out of hand. As the year progresses good teams will punish this team on the PP. It will also wear down our PK. Might need to make an example of a veteran that takes a needless, selfish penalty.

StingDrone

Sep 21, 2017
topof106.tumblr.com
Hatcher could start Hughes on Fri/Sat and play a well rested Fazio on Sun. Hughes should be able to beat Missy and Guelph and Fazio with 5 days rest should be able to handle the Spits - if the rest of the team is not too tired and they can manage to keep the penalties down. Friday SAR 5 MIS 2. Saturday SAR 4 GUE 3. Sunday could be OT or a shootout, though. SAR 3 WSR 2. 6 pts. for the Sting over the weekend.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
3 games in 2.5 days. I think we will see Hughes get the start Friday and depending on that game he might get Saturday if he plays good. Fazio should be in net for the Spits. I'll say we earn 5 of 6 pts this weekend with a OT loss in Windsor.

Schlerk

Aug 31, 2013
Sarnia
No doubt a great start to the season and a well deserved top 10 but way way too early 7 games into the season to predict how all this success translates into late season success. A defense unit that has Hatcher playing top 3 minutes is in big trouble. Better hope Faz stays locked in and healthy because we're going to see some fireworks every game. Many more 6-5 type games I predict. Although very entertaining, not a winning recipe come playoff time. Any predictions this weekend? Missy, Storm and roady in Windsor. I'm saying 2W 1L

Not making any predictions, just saying it's nice to get some recognition nationally for the good start. I think it is well deserved. (meanwhile everyone is making predictions for the upcoming weekend... lol) Anyway 3 in 3 is always a challenge, finishing it up in Windsor is an added challenge. Let's see if the lads are up to it, its a good test and I am pretty confident they will be right fired up to keep this great start rolling.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Hatcher could start Hughes on Fri/Sat and play a well rested Fazio on Sun. Hughes should be able to beat Missy and Guelph and Fazio with 5 days rest should be able to handle the Spits - if the rest of the team is not too tired and they can manage to keep the penalties down. Friday SAR 5 MIS 2. Saturday SAR 4 GUE 3. Sunday could be OT or a shootout, though. SAR 3 WSR 2. 6 pts. for the Sting over the weekend.

If hatcher is playing for points he has to play Fazio fri and sun and Hughes sat night.Fazio can handle that schedule.hope Hughes has another good outing.

Sting deserve the 8th place CHL rating. Congrats.I will be happy with 4 of 6 points this weekend.Windsor always play tough and Guelph got hammered earlier this week and will be looking for a turnaround.

Ferda11

Feb 16, 2016
I've noticed the team is doing more to advertise themselves and get people to the rink. Lot's of cool little videos pop up almost every week across a number of social media platforms. Hopefully they keep advertising the teams success and it draws more people to the rink.

BoxerMax

Nov 6, 2010
Another thing to look at for the attendance so far is the number of Eastern Conference teams that we have played. We have had 5 home games so far, and 4 have been against Eastern Conference teams. We always draw better when Western Conference teams are in town.

If this team keeps it up, I can see the crowds picking up after Christmas, especially when the upgrades have been done to the rink.

massey

Sep 5, 2012
Nice to see all the lines and defence pairings getting a chance to play tonight.The best ice time management by the coaching staff all year.Great overall performance EXCEPT for those stupid penalities.When we get playing some better teams we are going to get burnt even though we have a great PK.One game down,2 to go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad